PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING 2015 Mosts Rules 2.0

Kept you waiting HUH
Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL
Pronouns: Male

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING 2015 Mosts Rules 2.0

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

Hi, welcome to the Talkhaus 2015 Mosts rules thread 2.0! Sorry it's a bit late, I was traveling 18 hours yesterday. Good times!

How to Create a Most
  • Note that you can create your own mosts threads again.
  • You may only make four threads per day. We've had issues with one person creating too many mosts at once, and just generally having too many topics at once. So, even though four is the limit, be wise about what you make. You'll likely get more attention that way.
  • Check the mosts in this thread for ideas. These mosts are generally acknowledged as good, so we recommend making mosts around this quality. Note also how many of each kind are there. If you see a variety this year which is already used a lot, try making something not as common today from this list.
  • Don't make something meta. Usually, meta mosts like "Best Most" or "Most likely not to post in this most" tend to not be very interesting. Some ones like Blivsey's can be helpful though, so IF you're gonna be meta, be like that.
  • Don't shitpost when making a most. While you don't have to be serious about this, joking around when making a most is not a good idea. I used to let this slide; while it did, people basically posted spam, or whatever silly idea came to mind.
    • We used to lock these kinds of threads, but now we just move the threads to forum games, land of the shitposts. :P
  • Be considerate of others when making a most. Try to avoid "worsts" which can potentially insult or offend people. This doesn't mean you can't make worsts, but if they're specifically about a certain person or a certain person's thing, it's best not to make it.
How to Vote in a Most
  • Your first post and first post alone should contain your vote. You may post multiple times for discussion, but only your first option should contain what you voted for. You're still allowed to have other stuff in your post, though.
    • If you are the creator of a thread, you may vote in its first post.
  • Make your voted option noticeable in some way. Bold your option, leave it on the first line of your post, something like that. I should be able to know what you voted for by a glance.
  • Quote me in your first post so I can see your vote. I have a lot of threads and pages to check over, so this will help me immensly to know I've checked everything. It also gives me a general idea of how the mosts are going along while I'm just browsing the talkhaus.
    • If you're gonna make a joke vote, don't quote me.
  • Make your vote worthwhile. This can be covered in multiple ways, so here's a long sublist for ya:
    • Vote along the guidelines of the title and the OP.
    • Don't vote for yourself.
    • Don't vote for "Not this person/thing."
    • Don't insult people with your option.
    Your vote won't count if it breaks any of these rules. However, that will be your only effect unless you break the guidelines consistently, and you're not joking around.
How to Help Out

If you find a most topic which you believe doesn't follow the rules, do not report the thread if you want me to know about it. Reporting the thread only brings it up in my notifications, amongst all the other votes this year. (though admittedly, it also appears in the notifications of the other moderators) Send me a private message instead. This notifies me in a separate way from regular notifications.
(Formerly Jayoshi)