(shouting)

Talkhaus 2015 Mosts general discussion

Kept you waiting HUH

What about the polls?

Poll ended at 8 years ago

The polls don't matter at all
50%
only a few topics should have their poll stats used (voice your opinion on which ones)
18%
the polls matter a lot and the stats of all should be used
32%

Total votes: 22

Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL
Pronouns: Male

Re: Talkhaus 2015 Mosts general discussion

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

Thanks for the comments, everyone! I really appreciate the positive feedback.
Leet wrote:hooray, i tie-won something through 2 people voting for my first flair and 1 person voting for my second. its better than nothing!
Haha, indeed it is. I got a tie with Horikawa Otane over "most helpful," which I thought was very interesting. (although, to be honest, I'd rather she get the title because this is only a small thing, she did the entirety of MaGLX2 plus generally helping people out, and MaGL's already more work than I can imagine)

We probably needed fewer ties in general, though. This year has at least ten ties, including every "Best MaGLX2/MaFAB something" category, and there's been a tie between as many as four people. However, people have already spoken what they wish about ties, and I can't do anything about that.
(Formerly Jayoshi)
HamsterZerg
True Pacifist or bust.
Pronouns: he/him/his
Location: Oh, don't mind me. I'm just contacting you from the distant past. Carry on.

Post by HamsterZerg »

Will I ever get dead last in a talkhaus thing?

Also, I guess I should change my flair to

"That one dude with the Lucemon Zergling avatar"

Avatar by Skully (artwork) and bkamakaze (size). Thanks, guys!
Soma Cruz, Linkara, and Olimar for SMBX 2.0

Game King-style Story Briefs, a forum game by me
Zha Hong Lang

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

So, you all know by now I made polls to break ties.

Would you like me to make gold/silver/bronze (and perhaps platinum for the four-way one) userbars, or just make one userbar out of the highest one? Or would you like something else?
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

one
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

oh no! it was too good to be true
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

Leet wrote:oh no! it was too good to be true
you did this to yourself by changing flair during the voting (:<
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

It certainly was. I'd say one if we're objectively deciding Bests/Mosts via votes.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Zha Hong Lang

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

Leet wrote:oh no! it was too good to be true
I know :(
(Formerly Jayoshi)
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I say all the tied categories that are nominated to be in tiebreakers should get userbars.

Edit: I mean really, we already decided about a day ago to just leave ties alone. That means they should get something.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

I don't get why we need polls after all of that. :/
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Zha Hong Lang

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

There were more than 10 ties, and that's a biiit too much. As well as that, we have 78 accepted categories; the amount of ties we had would make 100 userbars. I thought that was a bit too much, so I discussed with a person about it in pm and we thought it was okay to do a short poll thingy

It is dumb, but the results were sorta dumb too.
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Zha Hong Lang

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

gUYS someone vote for metals or one userbar

E:
tangy on discordhaus wrote:i want one userbar
:D
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

Jayoshi wrote:There were more than 10 ties, and that's a biiit too much. As well as that, we have 78 accepted categories; the amount of ties we had would make 100 userbars. I thought that was a bit too much, so I discussed with a person about it in pm and we thought it was okay to do a short poll thingy
If you're not up to making all the userbars just say so, you don't have to tiebreak everything :​P

(Seriously though if we have that many mosts and that many winners then so be it, I say. There's still literally no reason to tiebreak anything but the best MaGL X2/MaFAB aside from "I don't like ties" or "I've decided there are too many userbars to be made," nothing has actually changed since the last time peeps were all "yo why can't we have ties.")
Zha Hong Lang

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

1. This is the first year we've had more than two ties

2. how is more than 10 ties not dumb and unecessary

3. Image

I like this idea better because I couldn't decide before when it was between all of the levels, but one of the levels I was trying to decide between ended up being one of the tied options
this can apply to all tied categories
(Formerly Jayoshi)
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Jayoshi wrote:1. This is the first year we've had more than two ties

2. how is more than 10 ties not dumb and unecessary
The 2013 Mosts had plenty of tied votes per the original rules, and it still worked out to be quite enjoyable. Bwarch made about 50 userbars and I made another 60+, which includes separate userbars for all tied winners.

If making that many userbars is too much work, you should just have people help you.
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

Jayoshi wrote:4.
I like this idea better because I couldn't decide before when it was between all of the levels, but one of the levels I was trying to decide between ended up being one of the tied options
this can apply to all tied categories
Yes but it doesn't have to, we've had ties plenty of times in previous years with nobody taking any issue with them. The only reason this is even a discussion is because you personally don't like them and you happen to be the one running the mosts.
Like, has literally anybody other than you taken issue with us having these ties? I'll admit I may not have been paying attention but from what I've seen you are literally the only one here who has a problem with it.

e: If you wanna look like you're not just deciding how things are run based solely on your own whims, community be damned, at least run a poll on the matter.

ee: Also I just found that quote. Probably worth noting that that was Quark preferring a particular method of tiebreaking in one of the few mosts that actually can't be tied, that kiiiinda means literally nothing in the context of a discussion on if we need to break them at all.
Last edited by Zygl 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Zha Hong Lang

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

ano0maly wrote:The 2013 Mosts had plenty of tied votes per the original rules, and it still worked out to be quite enjoyable. Bwarch made about 50 userbars and I made another 60+, which includes separate userbars for all tied winners.
It's not that it's too much work, (it's less than counting up the votes, and that I could take more of) I was just misinterpreting what the results in past years were. I thought only page one of 2013 had results, guess not then.
Zyglrox Odyssey wrote:Yes but it doesn't have to, we've had ties plenty of times in previous years with nobody taking any issue with them. The only reason this is even a discussion is because you personally don't like them and you happen to be the one running the mosts.
Like, has literally anybody other than you taken issue with us having these ties? I'll admit I may not have been paying attention but from what I've seen you are literally the only one here who has a problem with it.

e: If you wanna look like you're not just deciding how things are run based solely on your own whims, community be damned, at least run a poll on the matter.
Okay. I'll make a poll here about it since it's that much of a concern to you.
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Lunikyuu
I forgot what I was going to put here after MaGL X3

Post by Lunikyuu »

Like, normally I wouldn't care about ties, but I feel like since everyone already voted in the polls, it would be more annoying to just scrap all of that now. Also I do not want the best MaGL X2/ MAFAB to be decided by submission date without a secondary tiebreaker poll.

I do kind of hope the Sweetest poll stays tied though

also the polls give me a chance to rectify my mistake of not voting You Can't Handle the Youth in the MaGL X2 name thread

if the polls are kept, I'd like to vote for the medals idea btw (hopefully that doesn't tie this too)
Zha Hong Lang

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

Lunatic Quark wrote:if the polls are kept, I'd like to vote for the medals idea btw (hopefully that doesn't tie this too)
Just for the record, voting "no" on the automated poll in this thread won't necessarily make the mosts one bar. They can still be medals.

Actually, wait...

E: there. I've made all options now.
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Zha Hong Lang

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

Alright... I've decided to let ties be now, and make mosts bars separate and equal. Now, another question: what about the polls?
(Formerly Jayoshi)
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

An idea could be to have the poll winner be like... gold fonted or shinier or something than the others. I dunno.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

pholtos wrote:An idea could be to have the poll winner be like... gold fonted or shinier or something than the others. I dunno.
I don't feel like having an extra round of votes should make a category more important than others. The userbars should probably look about the same, maybe defferenciated by the category they represent-

Not sure though. Would probably be fine either way.
Learning-Timebuster
First name: Luka
Pronouns: xe or she

Post by Learning-Timebuster »

id say disregard the polls honestly

like, making some mosts not as most as others seems kinda not like an okay thing to do
"i like bugs"
t
Piter Lauchy
Suitable for all Buddy purposes
First name: Merlin

Post by Piter Lauchy »

I've voted for the second option up there and now I'll voice my opinion on which ones: The ones where more than two things/peeps are tied.
You're awesome.
Pikabread
we're gonna talk about e
First name: lily
Pronouns: she/her/xe/xem

Post by Pikabread »

so all our poll votes are just going to have been wasted?

………okay