(shouting)

Talkhaus 2015 Mosts general discussion

Kept you waiting HUH

What about the polls?

Poll ended at 8 years ago

The polls don't matter at all
50%
only a few topics should have their poll stats used (voice your opinion on which ones)
18%
the polls matter a lot and the stats of all should be used
32%

Total votes: 22

Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL
Pronouns: Male

Talkhaus 2015 Mosts general discussion

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

This thread has been repurposed. Here's the contents of the original post:

Hey everybody! Jayoshi here, I'm gonna be helping out with the Talkhaus Mosts for 2015.

This has been a busy year for us as creators, raocow fans, and video game fans in general! And why wouldn't it be? It's been the year of some of our most interesting Lets plays... and some pretty nice stuff has come out of them. But before you start making Soldexus references and loving the HECK out of MaGLX2, and Undertale, please??? here's a few tips to get you started on our year's mosts:

I have no idea what I just clicked what is going on

Congratulations! You found the starting instructions. We're gonna be creating topics which host a vast variety of categories, such as "Most interesting person," "Best LP", and so on. Think of the biggest, the best, and the most exciting things you can think of from this year! In those topics, we'll write messages which will tell what we vote on, and why we voted our options.

Then, on December 31st, two weeks from when this topic had been posted, I'll release userbars based on the categories! These bars are called "mosts," and they're all about what this event is for. However, not every topic's category will get a most. See further below for info on that.

How should I post in the topics?
However you want to! As long as you acknowledge these points:

• In order to vote, you must write your option in bold text, on the first line of the first post you've made in a thread. If you don't want to vote, or you simply haven't decided yet, just write something that says you haven't made a decision. You can still discuss with other members in your post, (and in posts afterward) but leave the first line solely for which option you want to choose.
  • In addition to the first rule, you must quote me in your first post somewhere when you've made your vote. This makes it easier for me to count votes, and to know if there's any votes I've missed in a particular thread. Don't make a quote on your first post if you haven't decided yet. Once you've decided, make another post in the thread that states you've voted.
  • Don't vote for yourself, and be courteous when choosing your option. If your option in some way may harm the process of selecting mosts, then don't choose that option. If everyone voted for themselves, we would get nowhere. Similarly, if everyone focused on one person for all the negative categories, it'd be distracting for the point of talkhaus mosts, and it could genuinely hurt the person who's being voted for. We don't want either of those things to happen.
  • Have fun! Remember, we're all just aiming to have a great time here. These rules are just to help everyone enjoy themselves, and for the process to go as quickly and efficiently as possible.
  • Amendment: you may list your voting option if you started the thread.
Cool! What makes a topic's category become a Most?
When a category meets these four criteria:
  • The category should be relevant to talkhaus and its activities. We're a forum about raocow, Lets Plays, video games, and all sorts of similar shenanigans. If a topic somehow manages to not relate to any of those things, or even anything relevant to the forum, then it's not gonna become a most.
  • While the category should be relevant, it shouldn't be meta. Don't make a category like "Best Most," or "Worst Most," or "Most Likely Not to Become a Most." Just make regular categories, which aren't about mosts themselves.
  • The category should be respectful. There are many different ways which a topic can be either disrespectful or potentially argument-inducing, so please avoid anything of the sort if you can. These topic titles in particular are banned for their bad potential:

Worst Level designer
    Best Chat Client
    Best Engine
    Best Level Editor
    Worst LP
    Worst Level
    Most annoying

Please respect these restrictions by not trying to skirt around them through using similar (but not exact) context. These are banned because they're detrimental, and nobody will have fun if you try to get around them.
    Amendment: This doesn't mean you can't create topics that use "Worst" or "Least" in the title, but it does mean you have to avoid topics which can potentially cause problems like the ones listed above. You can PM me about a title which you're unsure of, but otherwise please avoid drama when you can.
  • There are at least eight existing votes in the topic. This does not mean the most voted option must have eight votes. If there is a tie of any sort for a single category, I will ship the two highest options vote in the topic myself, and break the tie. (for the sake of mosts, then, I will not be voting unless necessary)
You can make as many categories as you like! Just be sure that you follow all the guidelines, and you'll do just fine. In fact, you'll do awesome. :)

If there are any concerns about how this works, be sure to reply to the thread so I can help, and so others can see if they need help.[/spoiler]
Last edited by Zha Hong Lang 8 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Zha Hong Lang

Re: Intro to Talkhaus 2015 Mosts

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

Just as a reminder, making a quote with my name in it is a requirement to vote. Sorry that I have to do something a little annoying, but it'll help make everything run much more smoothly. I can keep track of everyone's votes very easily that way, and it's a failsafe in case someone votes after I've checked a thread.

Out of the ten threads which exist as of this post, I've only received two notifications from the mosts. I'll still count your vote even if it doesn't use a quote tag, but please make quote tags with my name in it whenever you vote from now on!
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Wolfolotl
cryptid
First name: ovid
Pronouns: xe/xem/xyr

Post by Wolfolotl »

are we allowed to vote in our own topics
:nb_pride:
Zha Hong Lang

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

Wolfolotl wrote:are we allowed to vote in our own topics
Yes, you may vote in your own topic. Assuming your existing topics don't have your vote in them yet, be sure to make a new post that pings me via quote tag to say that you've voted.
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Zha Hong Lang

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

Horikawa Otane wrote:FYI since I plan to update the hubs to include the picks of the community by a banner, I also need the anti-picks sorry. Thus I'm adding that category, but I'll delete posts that get disrespectful or nasty.
I'm not against worsts. However, I want particularly triggering worsts (or bests/mosts) like the ones I listed above to be outed, they'd cause nothing but trouble.

I'll add a note to that rule in order to make that clear.
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Wolfolotl
cryptid
First name: ovid
Pronouns: xe/xem/xyr

Post by Wolfolotl »

would "Saltiest" be too controversial a topic
:nb_pride:
Zha Hong Lang

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

Wolfolotl wrote:would "Saltiest" be too controversial a topic
If you try to keep it in good fun, I think that'll be alright. I'm not sure if it's good when written that way though, a title more like "Most likely to complain/do x unwanted action" may be a bit better. "Saltiest" is too abrupt.
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

why is best chat client banned? the obvious answer is Facebook Messenger
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Zha Hong Lang

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

I've been PM'ed about the existence of Meta threads, specifically stating that some still aren't locked. I haven't noticed too many meta threads so far, but of the ones I've seen I kept "Most Likely to not tag Jayoshi in their vote" alive because it has some relevance; it's actually reminded a few people that they needed to give tags in their posts. If you come across any meta mosts that haven't been addressed yet, let me know.
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

Jayoshi wrote:I've been PM'ed about the existence of Meta threads, specifically stating that some still aren't locked. I haven't noticed too many meta threads so far, but of the ones I've seen I kept "Most Likely to not tag Jayoshi in their vote" alive because it has some relevance; it's actually reminded a few people that they needed to give tags in their posts. If you come across any meta mosts that haven't been addressed yet, let me know.
That was part of why I made it, yeah. You don't have to actually tally it.

bliv for most helpful 2015

secretly it was just to remind me to do it
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Zha Hong Lang

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

Due to the massive number of threads created, I've change the requirement for a thread to get a most from five votes to eight. I may lower it down again if that's too high, but likely it won't stick at just five.
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Piter Lauchy
Suitable for all Buddy purposes
First name: Merlin

Post by Piter Lauchy »

Jayoshi wrote:These topic titles in particular are banned for their bad potential:

Most annoying
There goes my chance to win a most. =(
You're awesome.
Zha Hong Lang

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

Piter Lauchy wrote:
Jayoshi wrote:These topic titles in particular are banned for their bad potential:

Most annoying
There goes my chance to win a most. =(
Don't worry! You know why?

Because You're awesome.

BUH DUM TSHHH
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Katazuki
wawa
Pronouns: whomst

Post by Katazuki »

Jayoshi wrote:Then, on January 31st, two weeks from when this topic had been posted, I'll release userbars based on the categories!
January 31st.

Two weeks from OP.

January 31st.

Who has the most?
Piter Lauchy
Suitable for all Buddy purposes
First name: Merlin

Post by Piter Lauchy »

Jayoshi is from a different dimension. Time flows differently there. Duh.
You're awesome.
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

Katazuki wrote:
Jayoshi wrote:Then, on January 31st, two weeks from when this topic had been posted, I'll release userbars based on the categories!
January 31st.

Two weeks from OP.

January 31st.
jayoshi's family has observed only the beginning of daylight savings time for generations
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Zha Hong Lang

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

Thanks for pointing that out... I was actually really stressed earlier about something, so me making a silly little mistake seems tiny in comparison. :lol:
(Formerly Jayoshi)
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Just to be clear, the minimum is 8 votes for the whole thread, not 8 votes for a winner, right?

Also, this is just a thought I had... since MAGLX2 gained such a prestigious status and many people would vote for it in best let's play and stuff, why not make separate banners set aside just for MAGLX2, and have categories for non-MAGLX2 things? There were many interesting games this year and I feel that they would all be drowned out by MAGLX2 votes.
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

Jayoshi wrote:However, if there is a tie of any sort, I will ship the two highest options vote in the topic myself, and break the tie.
Can't you just, like, allow ties to exist and partake of the mosts as normal? There's really no particular reaon ties can't exist, it's not like the MaGL X2 showrunner poll or something, we can have two equally good deaths or non-raocow LPs or what have you both be the most thing thing of the things.
Zha Hong Lang

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

ano0maly wrote:Just to be clear, the minimum is 8 votes for the whole thread, not 8 votes for a winner, right?
Yes, precisely. I think that's written on the main post already, but I'll change the wording if that helps.
Also, this is just a thought I had... since MAGLX2 gained such a prestigious status and many people would vote for it in best let's play and stuff, why not make separate banners set aside just for MAGLX2, and have categories for non-MAGLX2 things? There were many interesting games this year and I feel that they would all be drowned out by MAGLX2 votes.
There are already a few categories which will result in mosts set aside for MaGL X2, but I feel like if MaGL X2 is the most popular option for best raocow LP... MaGL X2 really is the most popular option for best raocow LP.
Zyglrox Odyssey wrote:Can't you just, like, allow ties to exist and partake of the mosts as normal? There's really no particular reaon ties can't exist, it's not like the MaGL X2 showrunner poll or something, we can have two equally good deaths or non-raocow LPs or what have you both be the most thing thing of the things.
This is just a personal quirk. In my opinion, ties make the final result look inconclusive, and can sometimes look a bit messy. I used to think the "Cutest 2014" was actually a ship most (slash made me think it was a gay ship) until it was pointed out that the "Best ship 2014" used the same tie gimmick. However, I may change my mind about this if there's enough concern expressed, but for now I'll continue as usual.

There is something I was thinking of that may fix both of these problems, though. What if there were Gold and Silver prizes for certain mosts? MaGL X2 hasn't been my only concern, the heavy amount of votes for raotane twice over (even by Horikawa geez) among other things has bugged me a bit as well. I'll only do this when the result is an obvious landslide, or when two things happen to tie and I break them, both of which are rather uncommon. What do you guys think?
(Formerly Jayoshi)
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

What I had in mind was to have designated "best non-MAGLX2" threads since there are other Mosts categories specific to MAGLX2. Just like how there are "best non-raocow" threads to offset threads specifically dealing with raocow.

The runner-up awards for those cases sound like a good idea, though. And I assume the 1st and 2nd places would get separate userbars; I didn't like having combined userbars for shared wins in 2013 and 2014.
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

I remember I did this last year, but are we allowed to vote for our self?
freakin whatzit
welcome to th :|
First name: alex
Pronouns: they or she

Post by freakin whatzit »

Nin wrote:I remember I did this last year, but are we allowed to vote for our self?
Jayoshi wrote:Don't vote for yourself
I AM VERY DISGUSTED WITH THE TRASHY MAN. IN SPITE OF THE MONSTER, AND THE COACH, ONLY TRASHY, I WILL BEAT DOWN THEM ALL. FOR THIS I MUST STRENGTHEN MYSELF. THE MONSTER IS THE SAME TOO. COLLECT ALL THE TRASHY, RIGHTEOUS FELLOW ARE ALL UNPARDONABLE! YOU DON'T AFFECT ME. THE TRASHY STROLLING IS AN EYESORE!
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

Jayoshi wrote:However, I may change my mind about this if there's enough concern expressed, but for now I'll continue as usual.
I kinda think ties should be allowed to exist. If it's like a really small pool and two people tie by having only two votes each, ehhhh, but if two people tie and have like nine votes each, or more, I think that's for a good reason :P They were both held in high regard and this was agreed upon by the people causing them to tie, in theory.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

Looks like some people are posting fake mosts which is mostly why I don't like these things. Yeah I locked a few of 'em but if you have a legitimate reason to keep them around you know where to find me (actually you probably don't, but there's other mods for a reason)
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw