(shouting)

Redesigned Level World Thing (Gauge of interest/applications)

If you lost something come look for it here
Zygl

Redesigned Level World Thing (Gauge of interest/applications)

Post by Zygl »

I have proposed the idea of making a side world or something designated for peeps finishing up, polishing, and/or redesigning their original contest levels, separated from the main 'game' game portion of the project where we've set a precedent of roughly "if you're reusing a name, make it new and different from the original."
I had hoped to get further opinions on the matter than just my own and Dragon Fogel's before making a thread for it, but since the planning thread seems to have gone silent I guess post here if you'd be interested in doing a thing for it and we'll see if we even have enough interested parties in the first place.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Re: Redesigned Level World Thing (Gauge of interest/applications)

Post by Mata Hari »

This whole forum has gone silent, I normally make a point of not having any signature but I'm trying to prop up participation here
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023
Pronouns: she/her

Post by snoruntpyro »

I'll definitely be doing a redesign of my MaGLX2 level, whenever that shows up.
Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL
Pronouns: Male

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

Yeah, my level DEFINITELY had stuff left to be desired. I'd like to make up for it.
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Imipolex G
very dairy
Pronouns: any

Post by Imipolex G »

There's at least one thing in my level I regret and would like to redo, so I may be up for this.
Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!
First name: Zach

Post by Zephyr_DragonLord »

...I think I want to contribute to the postgame, even though I didn't submit a level for this contest (I was still in lurking mode).
Is that something that's allowed?
I am prone to almost everything... except spontaneous violence.
Any questions, concerns, or aspirations you have with me can go to the PM box... Now here's a quote:
raocow wrote:I know there is a population on Earth. They like to populate. I like to gesticulate. We're friends!
(It was about time)
HealthyMario

Post by HealthyMario »

Might as well give this a shot since my level is unfinished.
Oh, and will this be in the maglx2 post game?
Will raocow play these?
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

Zephyr_DragonLord wrote:...I think I want to contribute to the postgame, even though I didn't submit a level for this contest (I was still in lurking mode).
Is that something that's allowed?
HealthyMario wrote:Might as well give this a shot since my level is unfinished.
Oh, and will this be in the maglx2 post game?
Will raocow play these?
You're in the MaGL X: The Lost Levels subforum, guys. This isn't a part of MaGL X2, this is a collab primarily based on using rejected level names from the contests. You don't need to have entered either of them, just go over to this thread and claim up to three names from the list if you'd like to do a thing.
(Of course this particular thread is for a bonus world thing for people who wanna fix up their levels from the contests, so naturally you do have to have a level in one of them to participate in this, but don't worry about that for the maingame, we'll gladly welcome participation from anybody who wants to do a thing for it.)
As for whether or not raocow will play it... eh, probably. It is a talkhaus collab, after all.
Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!
First name: Zach

Post by Zephyr_DragonLord »

...You know what, Zlygrox? You've given me an even MORE risqué idea.
Fuse these two projects, using a Lost Level name for MaGLX2 postgame content.

...I'm on it right now. (Just make sure I know how to install and use the editor here...)
I am prone to almost everything... except spontaneous violence.
Any questions, concerns, or aspirations you have with me can go to the PM box... Now here's a quote:
raocow wrote:I know there is a population on Earth. They like to populate. I like to gesticulate. We're friends!
(It was about time)
LovelyPenguin
Penguinpenguinpen
First name: \(0v0)/
Pronouns: any are fine

Post by LovelyPenguin »

If we've participated in both MAGLX contests, are we allowed to do remakes of both our levels, or do we have to choose one? Either way, I'm down with this idea!
"The penguin is the core of the universe; the penguin is all."
- raocow

Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL
Pronouns: Male

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

Unfortunately, due to hard drive wipe, I'll be unable to participate in this if it happens. I hope that I might be able to do something with it after the full release of MaGLX2, though.
(Formerly Jayoshi)
KayhemMaus
I keep breaking my face on SMBX
First name: KM
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by KayhemMaus »

Jayoshi wrote:Unfortunately, due to hard drive wipe, I'll be unable to participate in this if it happens. I hope that I might be able to do something with it after the full release of MaGLX2, though.
I'm under the impression that this isn't going to hit any deadlines until past the full release anyway, so I think you're pretty safe on this I think.
nyoro~n n~yoron

I love it
underFlo
you spinda right round
First name: Florence
Pronouns: they/she

Post by underFlo »

I'd be in for that, too. I've wanted to actually complete my MaGLX2 level for some time now, and this feels like this'd be a good opportunity for that.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Spinda wrote:I'd be in for that, too. I've wanted to actually complete my MaGLX2 level for some time now, and this feels like this'd be a good opportunity for that.
Just for clarification: If you entered MAGL X or MAGL X2 and started on a level but never felt it was finished enough to submit, then the finished level would fit better in the main Lost Levels project.

If you submitted a level but you felt it was severely unfinished or needs an overhaul, that's what this thread is about.

I'm not sure which of these applies to you; I didn't see your name on the entrant list, but for all I know you might be on there under some other name. Just wanted to make it clear what's going on.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
underFlo
you spinda right round
First name: Florence
Pronouns: they/she

Post by underFlo »

Dragon Fogel wrote:
Spinda wrote:I'd be in for that, too. I've wanted to actually complete my MaGLX2 level for some time now, and this feels like this'd be a good opportunity for that.
Just for clarification: If you entered MAGL X or MAGL X2 and started on a level but never felt it was finished enough to submit, then the finished level would fit better in the main Lost Levels project.

If you submitted a level but you felt it was severely unfinished or needs an overhaul, that's what this thread is about.

I'm not sure which of these applies to you; I didn't see your name on the entrant list, but for all I know you might be on there under some other name. Just wanted to make it clear what's going on.
Ohhh, alright, I thought by unfinished you meant actually unfinished. And yeah, I went by Nickname at the time I participated in MaGLX2.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
MECHDRAGON777
Up in the Tower floating above Gensokyo lies the true me in reverse.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by MECHDRAGON777 »

I need to fix up my MaGLX level since I was he only person to beat it without getting hit. Eitherway, I would claim "A Waltz in Scarlet Devil Mansion" if I may.

My avartar

I am a SMBX player, and I do not know weather to stay at SuperMarioBrosx.org or at talkhaus.raocow.com honestly.