(shouting)

Level Ideas Thread

If you lost something come look for it here
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Level Ideas Thread

Post by Dragon Fogel »

I thought there might be a call for this. If you see a level name and you have an idea for it but you're not sure you'll be able to do it, you can post the idea here and maybe someone else can pick it up. Or you can decide to pick it up later, that's fine too.

To start off, here's a couple of ideas I had:

-Oh This? It's just my flying car. I hope I win!

A boss level. You find some NPC with a flying car who hopes to win the contest. When they find out the project isn't actually a contest, they get mad and attack you with their flying car.

-Make A Good Boss Contest (MAGL X bonus level)

A boss rush, obviously. Maybe this can be a relay level. I guess an alternative option would be a level about putting together a boss contest.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Zygl

Re: Level Ideas Thread

Post by Zygl »

Dragon Fogel wrote:-Oh This? It's just my flying car. I hope I win!

A boss level. You find some NPC with a flying car who hopes to win the contest. When they find out the project isn't actually a contest, they get mad and attack you with their flying car.
I actually had in mind a race kind of thing for that name, kinda like Rickety Race in DKC2 only with flying cars and in SMBX. I didn't claim it because I dunno if all my ideas for that would actually work but I did think about it.
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

Idea for Well Shucks, I Never Expected Dr. Wily to Be So Weak:
Classic Mega Man-style boss rush to end off a (probably lategame) world, with the "punchline" so to speak being that Wily's super big imposing machine dies in one shot. If we have 8 bosses before it they could be brought back with interesting twists, or we could go full Mega Man, recreate the physics (or at least the shooting) with lua and make 8 Mega Man-style bosses, maybe make a collaborative thing of it. There are a lot of directions that could be taken for the boss part of it.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Idea for Can We Please Stop Talking About Better Music? If We Don't, The Thwomps Win.

This level name was used in MAGL X2 and it was a very low-ranking joke level in the first video. The joke involves Luigi going through a level on your behalf, so someone could take this name and show Luigi's exciting adventure. Presumably, it would somehow involve Thwomps and someone talking about better music.
CloudyCloud

Post by CloudyCloud »

How about having an idea but not being able to find a name to use that idea?

I think I do happen to have a creative idea of a certain vanilla stuff, but... I cannot find a name to use that idea.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

It's not like every level you make has to go into this project.
Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!
First name: Zach

Post by Zephyr_DragonLord »

Dragon Fogel wrote:Idea for Can We Please Stop Talking About Better Music? If We Don't, The Thwomps Win.

This level name was used in MAGL X2 and it was a very low-ranking joke level in the first video. The joke involves Luigi going through a level on your behalf, so someone could take this name and show Luigi's exciting adventure. Presumably, it would somehow involve Thwomps and someone talking about better music.
...I have an idea to expand on this lore-wise.
Luigi would be talking to Hatsune Miku or something equally bizarre while Justin Bieber plays in the background (or just a friendly non-copyright song that's bad), and the Thwomps turn out to be powered by the Rock/Trance music that replaces it, and proceed to chase Luigi,
The Nipper cuts a cable, which causes chaos. The rest can be filled in at any time.
I am prone to almost everything... except spontaneous violence.
Any questions, concerns, or aspirations you have with me can go to the PM box... Now here's a quote:
raocow wrote:I know there is a population on Earth. They like to populate. I like to gesticulate. We're friends!
(It was about time)
CloudyCloud

Post by CloudyCloud »

Dragon Fogel wrote:It's not like every level you make has to go into this project.
Well, the bigger problem is that I couldn't think of even one theme to go with the idea in my head. :?
Slimeman01
Minecraft Lore Creationist
First name: Matt
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Slimeman01 »

An idea I have for my level "Lake" is
an organization drains a lake, and Mario has to re-fill it, so that he can go fishing.
:iris: :demo:
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
KayhemMaus
I keep breaking my face on SMBX
First name: KM
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by KayhemMaus »

I might use this if I can't work out the LUA for the SMB3 Hammer Bros level, but in case I manage it I want to share this idea. It'll mostly be in spoilers because I'm not getting my rump wrecked for what this entails.

Heartbreaking Clock Keep

A stage begins in an innocuous looking chamber, not sure which player you start as, undecided as of yet. And then you bump into a skeleton who seems not to belong. He will challenge you to a battle to test your mettle. He then introduces himself...

...as Sans.

Yep, I had an idea to create an Undertale level. Once you start the battle, you're transported to a corridor made to resemble the Undertale battle box, and your character becomes a heart. You start in Blue mode as platforms and lava (probably resprited into bones or something) scroll across to you and you need to platform to escape certain death. Occasionally you switch to Red mode (Link Fairy or something like that) for less platform based avoidance and more drifty dodging. Essentially, the Genocide Run Final Boss adjusted for Mario physics and abilities.

I think it can mostly be done without LUA. Respriting wouldn't be too tough to handle to resemble Undertale battles. I think it would be rather cool!

Of course, this idea was fuelled by listening to Megalovania on repeat for about half an hour, so maybe the music was infecting my brain and over-riding my sense of sensibility. Who knows? :D
nyoro~n n~yoron

I love it