(shouting)

A Stand-in Devkit Thing (Deprecated)

If you lost something come look for it here
Zygl

Re: A Stand-in Devkit Thing (Updated 7/25)

Post by Zygl »

Okay after a downright obscene amount of delay (sorry about that btw) I've updated the devkit.
Also the latest LunaDLL can check if you can handle the OpenGL renderer before running the OpenGL renderer so there are no longer two versions. So, uh, hooray! ^_^

e: Forgot to link it and the significantly smaller update .7z in this post. Just extract the latter to the previous devkit version's root directory if you have it it'll save you like 120MB of downloading or something.
Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!
First name: Zach

Post by Zephyr_DragonLord »

So is this devkit simply ready for usage when it's opened, or do I need to unzip some of the files first?
I am prone to almost everything... except spontaneous violence.
Any questions, concerns, or aspirations you have with me can go to the PM box... Now here's a quote:
raocow wrote:I know there is a population on Earth. They like to populate. I like to gesticulate. We're friends!
(It was about time)
ohmato
hey idiot

Post by ohmato »

Zephyr_DragonLord wrote:So is this devkit simply ready for usage when it's opened, or do I need to unzip some of the files first?
Considering the download is a ZIP archive, then yes, you will have to unzip it to use it properly.
Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!

Ok, thanks. I wanted to make sure not to mess anything up here.
Any questions, concerns, or aspirations you have with me can go to the PM box... Now here's a quote:
raocow wrote:I know there is a population on Earth. They like to populate. I like to gesticulate. We're friends!
(It was about time)
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

OH MAN AN UPDATE? TRULY THE END TIMES ARE UPON US.

Link
.7z containing only the updates, extract to a previous devkit version's root directory to update.
(NOTE: The full devkit linked here has a minor error in its config pack because I'm an idiot, I don't believe it causes any particular issues but if it does please download the update .7z and apply it and then come cudgel my face with the English language for being an idiot.)

Changes:
  • All the custom base level graphics from the A2XT devkit have been added - NPCs, blocks, player characters, the cat llamas, and the effects. (The overworld graphics seemed like too niche a thing to warrant putting in there, same with the sounds, and the music last I heard was in limbo so I don't wanna risk putting in a thing I shouldn't have.)
  • Well, uh, the stuff's been updated. I can't really be more specific I've admittedly kinda done a shit job of keeping up with the updates to the everything.
  • I think PGE's gotten a fair bit smaller since last time so the devkit is now smaller despite containing more stuff. (The update download's under 20MB even!)
As always, yell at me in this thread here if you have any problems or suggestions.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Zyglrox Odyssey wrote:([..]The music last I heard was in limbo so I don't wanna risk putting in a thing I shouldn't have.)
That's fine now. The music is no longer in limbo.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Zygl

Re: A Stand-in Devkit Thing (Updated 11/18)

Post by Zygl »

Update

Link
.7z of the updates, extract to the root directory of a previous version to update

Changes:
  • LunaLua's been updated in the past two months.
  • Multipoints and Colliders have also been updated.
  • Hoeloe's Hud of Time thingy (a Zelda-style hud with like a billion options and things), inputs.lua (for better input reading and control), rng.lua (for better RNG since lua's is kinda awful), and a few other new libraries I forgot already have been added.
  • PGE's been updated.
  • The A2XT music's not here because I forgot this time rather than because I was concerned it was Not Okay to Use >_>
idk I'm tired.
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

So SMBX 2.0 came out a couple days ago. As such, the devkit here is quite thoroughly deprecated apart from some of the graphics and stuff packed into it I guess. If nobody already has those all nicely packed into a download separate from the entirety of A2XT I'll see about doing that, but that aside just go over here and download that instead of bothering with the devkit here.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Zyglrox Odyssey wrote:So SMBX 2.0 came out a couple days ago. As such, the devkit here is quite thoroughly deprecated apart from some of the graphics and stuff packed into it I guess. If nobody already has those all nicely packed into a download separate from the entirety of A2XT I'll see about doing that, but that aside just go over here and download that instead of bothering with the devkit here.
Do you need just the GFX/music assets and whatnot? If so: https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AAK ... 966B2C456B
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!

Re: A Stand-in Devkit Thing (Deprecated)

I want to ask a few questions about SMBX 2.0 here.

Does it open like SMBX did before?
How do you port over levels from the previous version to 2.0?

Thanks in advance.
(It was about time)