(shouting)

Level Submissions

If you lost something come look for it here
CloudyCloud

Re: Level Submissions

Post by CloudyCloud »

CloudyCloud wrote:http://www.mediafire.com/download/t15g7 ... m_Boom.rar

Have some boom boom

WIP, but at least the part before midpoint is basically done.

Let's call it... err... closed alpha version.(Not even in beta stage)

I want to hear some ideas about the part before midpoint.(The part after midpoint is under construction, so if you cannot finish the level, it is normal.

(If no accident, this will be the first level completed, instead of the mission: sinking star... <_< )
A new version:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/lkgci ... m_V001.rar
It is still WIP, but at least the completion is at 70% already.(The part before midpoint is basically done, the part after midpoint is not yet done. And this time there is no "Under Construction" sign. Just let you know: There is still a need to change some parts in the completed part after midpoint.)
CloudyCloud

Post by CloudyCloud »

CloudyCloud wrote:
CloudyCloud wrote:http://www.mediafire.com/download/t15g7 ... m_Boom.rar

Have some boom boom

WIP, but at least the part before midpoint is basically done.

Let's call it... err... closed alpha version.(Not even in beta stage)

I want to hear some ideas about the part before midpoint.(The part after midpoint is under construction, so if you cannot finish the level, it is normal.

(If no accident, this will be the first level completed, instead of the mission: sinking star... <_< )
A new version:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/lkgci ... m_V001.rar
It is still WIP, but at least the completion is at 70% already.(The part before midpoint is basically done, the part after midpoint is not yet done. And this time there is no "Under Construction" sign. Just let you know: There is still a need to change some parts in the completed part after midpoint.)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2ec22 ... m_V100.rar

Okay, this version is, functionally speaking, more or less completed. I say, functionally.

because it is basically how I want the stage to be.

(A lot of adjustment to do on this yet, but I am not in the mood to do the adjustment for now: I have gotten quite... tired.)
CloudyCloud

Post by CloudyCloud »

Geez, it sure is a frequent update from me.

Anyway, this time it is the completed version.

Completed, waiting for review to make adjustment.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/fr31r ... m_V200.zip

Last version is completed in the sense of functionality: as in, if I am rushing for the contest, that will likely be the version where I will feel "better to submit something than nothing".

This version is completed completely.

Level name: Have some boom boom

Note: 2 stars, Mario-only Level(I already limit the level to Mario only, and don't take away the Mario-pass-through block when you edit in the future.)

There is a secret to unlock, but that is not really necessary to secret star.(The secret star is less troublesome than that. Maybe it is possible to stumble across the secret star first.)(The secret to unlock is basically some... credits and easter eggs + 1 clear hint for the secret. The end of the level has the hint already, just that the hint in the secret is likely clearer.)

Note again:
Known bug:
1. It is possible for the 2nd room to be unwinnable.
~ It is possible to accidentally squeeze boom boom to non-existence, yet this non-existence doesn't make you win by default.
~ You can kill yourself though if you get such problem, instead of needing cheat code to kill yourself off.
~ The version here still has that bug, though I already fixed in my version(hopefully). I want to hear more review before I submitted the new version.
~~~ well, I have been paying attention to this bug for long already, and I thought the fix I did already fix the bug.(well, it is kinda hard to recreate the glitch. My method of fixing is to allow this glitch to happen, yet this glitch won't cause a problem on clearing 2nd room.)

2. I forgot to change the BGM back for the part after room 4.
~ Every kill room has the boss BGM that I choose, and for normal platforming part, I have another BGM. But the part after room 4 is still the boss BGM.

Behold! There is a v201! Play!

Kidding.

I mean I updated it a bit.

Changelog:
V201:
1. 2nd room is changed a little bit, but I don't know if it prevents the bug.(I kinda know that the glitch is unavoidable, but at least don't allow the glitch to make the game unplayable.)
2. BGM for the part after 4th boss room is fixed.
And many changes on detail, based on my friend's review...

Known Possible Bug:
1. Still the 2nd room bug.(I am not sure if I have made it so that the glitch won't cause trouble.)
Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!
First name: Zach

Post by Zephyr_DragonLord »

There we go.... Now, behold. The level has been thoroughly baked to a fine firey completion. Introducing...Behold! There Is A Courage I Seek!

(I know about the title, Fogel.... I thought to submit this somewhere else beforehand... but it didn't quite pan out.)

This is a level on the difficult side, and it only has one semi-linear path, but two stars.

This was made entirely without LunaLua, and there's only two things to really watch out for.

1.) After collecting the extra star, the message will appear from it every time you restart from its midpoint. I don't know how to fix this...
2.) Bowser is a ton more durable than I expected. Turns out he's tougher than Mother Brain... (how tough is he, really?)
I am prone to almost everything... except spontaneous violence.
Any questions, concerns, or aspirations you have with me can go to the PM box... Now here's a quote:
raocow wrote:I know there is a population on Earth. They like to populate. I like to gesticulate. We're friends!
(It was about time)
CloudyCloud

Post by CloudyCloud »

CloudyCloud wrote:
Behold! There is a v201! Play!

Kidding.

I mean I updated it a bit.

Changelog:
V201:
1. 2nd room is changed a little bit, but I don't know if it prevents the bug.(I kinda know that the glitch is unavoidable, but at least don't allow the glitch to make the game unplayable.)
2. BGM for the part after 4th boss room is fixed.
And many changes on detail, based on my friend's review...

Known Possible Bug:
1. Still the 2nd room bug.(I am not sure if I have made it so that the glitch won't cause trouble.)
Behold! There is a v202 now! Play!

I mean, Have Some Boom Boom, v202.

Now with more adjustment on detail.

Even if you have played v201 before, maybe you will find it ... well, quite different.(not really.)

I mean, a lot more detail than before.

Changelog:
V202:
1. The addition of more details, and more balancing. and more adjustment.

I don't know if it is worse or better than the last version.(well, I do think the last version is fine, but I decide to fix some parts that don't seem broken to see if it is better.

Updated as of 4:30AM, 8/9/15(GST +8)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/486p8 ... m_V203.rar
V203

Updated version
1. more change on detail, and more balancing.
2. fixing awkward dialogue.(special thanks to willhart.)
ohmato
hey idiot

Post by ohmato »

CloudyCloud

Post by CloudyCloud »

Oh this? This is just V204 update.

Changelog:
1. More details are changed to standardize the level to have almost only smb3 items.(well, I have to borrow a few NPCs from somewhere else, but that's all.)
2. Final Room is changed to be more scary.
3. The number of dragoncoin is changed to 8 from 6, but the path to secret credit area still requires only 5.(Tip/Hint: there are exactly 5 after midpoint.)
4. And other changes on aesthetic design and NPC placement.

It is still possible to have V205 for minor fix, as when I write this down, I find out that I forgot to fix a little part for aesthetic purpose.(I was still thinking if I need to change.)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/c1ec8 ... m_V204.rar
CloudyCloud

Post by CloudyCloud »

*link is taken away*

Changelog:
1. Change based on the feedback from Quman, and some new ideas.(But I am still considering few of his feedbacks.)
2. Detail change to make it look more SMB3(thanks to Quman's resource package), normal BGM changed from Star Reactor to SMB3 castle theme.(I am still considering between these two: This SMB3 castle theme seems okay, but I still find Star Reactor better.)

What to change for V206:
1. To add in Penguinator44 into one of the tester to thank.

Edited: V205 is a wrong version.

There will be a jump to V206 directly.
Last edited by CloudyCloud 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Quman

Post by Quman »

CloudyCloud wrote:Have Some Boom Boom V205
Just noting that you forgot to move the starting point back to the start of the level.
CloudyCloud

Post by CloudyCloud »

Quman wrote:
CloudyCloud wrote:Have Some Boom Boom V205
Just noting that you forgot to move the starting point back to the start of the level.
... Oops.

Seriously?! O_O...

Okay, this is critical.

V206:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/20vmu ... m_V206.zip

Changelog:
1. Move the starting point back to where it is supposed to.
2. Adding more tester for credit.
FrozenQuills
hehe haha 2024

Post by FrozenQuills »

Fixed up my level a little bit.

Mushroom Kingdom Sky Desert

Changes:
-Changed cobrats to piranha plants so that the level is more mushroomy kingdom
-Made boss fight more interesting
-Changed ending dialogue
-Fixed overlapping object layering issue when saved in smbx instead of wohl's editor

Will get to Space Fish House sometime soon hopefully.
SMBX Tileset Compiler and Separator
The boss entry that made me eat a shoe.

5th place counter: 5
(SMBX Forums CC11, SMBX Forums CC12, Endgame Madness Contest, SMWC Kaizo Contest 2016, SMWC 24hr Contest 2018)
acrowdofpeople

Post by acrowdofpeople »

A Flying Castle Above the Peaceful Water update |2 Stars
Thwomp Castle Update |2 Stars
The Jolly Forest River Update |2 Stars

Minor improvements were made to these levels.
In the Flying Castle Over Peaceful Water, if you're playing a 2-person game, both players can access the path to the second star.

In Thwomp Castle, I replaced some ghosts that I inexplicably couldn't kill with a Thwomp with ghosts that I can, and made it so that when the endboss dies, it takes out all of the spawned NPCs. Also, the blocks with stuff in them are now indicated by coins.

In the Jolly Forest River, Birdo will now occasionally spit out the top half of a Hammer suit.

EDIT: Another small update made to Thwomp Castle. Download link remains the same.
acrowdofpeople

Post by acrowdofpeople »

A Happy Graveyard in the Brave Forest | 2 stars

Completion: Nearly, pending comments and potential ghost sprite replacements. I'm interested to know if anything about the level needs to be made clearer, if anywhere has bizarre difficulty inconsistent with the rest of the level, if anything needs to be made more difficult, if anything's boring, and if anything breaks. I had to update Lua beyond the latest devkit to get the level to work as-is.

While testing this level, I discovered a strange glitch in the engine...
I rammed into SMB3 Bowser while carrying a bob-omb, and he just happened to be breathing out fire at that moment... Since the bob-omb's death event despawned Bowser, I somehow wound up picking up his flame. I took a hit in the process, but I tried it again and was able to repeat the result. Should I do something about this, or is it a rare enough occurrence that I can ignore it?
Mister Spoo
How could this be, inconceivable, this is impossible, etc...
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Mister Spoo »

Evil, v1. It has 2 stars. All the tiles and such are in their final placements, but I'd appreciate if someone could give me feedback on the enemy placement, hazard placement, stuff like that. I will warn you that the level design can be evil in some spots.
Dear god, you're reading this?! That means I must have posted something! Scary, right?
Mister Spoo

Post by Mister Spoo »

Evil, v1.1.
Changelog:
*The level's difficulty has been increased.
*The level now contains 3 times as many Snifits as it did before.
*Made a jump slightly easier to compensate for the difficulty increase.
*Added a surprise at the secret star.
Dear god, you're reading this?! That means I must have posted something! Scary, right?
S1eth

Post by S1eth »

Update: Did You Know in Zebes They Had Phantos?

Changelog:
  • Changed water and other foreground objects from gif to png (transparency)
  • Changed HUD (dragon coins) to png
  • Lowered rightmost Kzan for better visibility
  • Removed fire flower as it was only useful for killing the fish (which you don't want to kill). Replaced with a leaf
  • Removed the dragon coin star since we're going to have a counter for the whole episode, replaced with a moon
  • Changed key graphic back to the original. Players would not see the grey/brown key in the water and miss it.
  • Refactored the lua code
Friendly Dictator
rad

Post by Friendly Dictator »

here's "those what goes chomp chomp chomp in the night"
i was able to get a character filter working but not a powerup filter. please filter out all powerups when the level starts
ravegg

Post by ravegg »

Oops finally got around to fixing one of my levels. Sorry about the wait. I changed this level to be a lot shorter and less cramped now. Hopefully I'll update the other one today or sometime soon.

Big Boo Castle v2

changelog:
-Removed a bunch of enemies
-Moved some boos so that they aren't super in the way all the time
-Cut the terrible flying section before the boss door
-Added generators to items you could lose
-Moved the midpoint to the outdoor section
-Made line guides invisible
-Added a sign showing where you need a yoshi
-Added another powerup box
-Put a mario filter at the midpoint
-Tweaked Boss Room
-Changed music at pre-boss room
I make puzzles for games sometimes check em -> Steam Workshop
ravegg

Post by ravegg »

Didn't take that long to finish up my other level. New reviews on both would be appreciated, as I think I addressed as much as I could of the previous reviews.

Oh This? It's Just My Brutal Swimming Paradise v2

changelog:
-Minor tweaks to first half (enemy placement, forgot what most of them were)
-Line Guides are now white
-Jellyfish contraption moves slightly slower then before
-Changes to both platform placement and line guide that should make second half easier
-Changing music filename so it hopefully will work for others
I make puzzles for games sometimes check em -> Steam Workshop
CapedLuigisYoshi
some sort of fangirl
Pronouns: she/her

Post by CapedLuigisYoshi »

CapedLuigisYoshi wrote:So here we go:

The Potential was There, the Floor was not - by CapedLuigisYoshi

There are two stars, one SMB3 and one SMW. Any character can probably be used, though the intended method for the SMW star is best done with Mario or Luigi.

Also, recommended watching: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc7M5oj7MgQ

EDIT: Version 2.0!

Changelog:
[*]Repositioned/removed several enemies
[*]Reworded message boxes
[*]Green pipe at beginning of section 5 now leads to new message box with hint toward secret star
[*]Boos in final section resprited to be security bots
Oh hey, I'm getting around to doing a slight update.

Version 2.1!

Only change is that I added a message box at the end attributing credit for the music (and the original levels this one references throughout).

(I'll get on the other level name I picked out sometime soon probably)
*shrug*

will fix/replace the image down here eventually
acrowdofpeople

Post by acrowdofpeople »

A Happy Graveyard in the Brave Forest | 2 Stars
Made a large number of fixes as recommended by S1eth.
Quiversee
Oh man, I got nothin!

Post by Quiversee »

Here it is, my first level ever! What Red Coin? v1

I'm really eager for feedback on this, I admit there's a few things in this level I'm worried may not go over so well, but I want to see what people think before I make any major changes. It's intended to be kinda hard especially in the second half, so good luck and enjoy!

EDIT: Just an addendum here, play at your own risk. This level is apparently harder and more torturous than I realized or intended. Working on a major overhaul.
acrowdofpeople

Post by acrowdofpeople »

I replaced the Thwomp Castle file with an update, so all links to it should still be current. You can find it here.
Changes:
-Only one exit now.
-Removed a few things that bothered me about the level on looking at it again.
-Removed the boss fight at the end of the former second star path.
Mister Spoo

Post by Mister Spoo »

Evil, v1.2. This should be the final version until people playtest this. I will say one last time that this level was not intended to be especially fair. Its name is "Evil," after all.
Changelog:
*Changed the message block at the secret star to an NPC representing myself.
*There might have been some other changes that I forgot about.

Now to think of ideas for "Citadel."
S1eth

Post by S1eth »

Mister Spoo wrote:Evil, v1.2. This should be the final version until people playtest this. I will say one last time that this level was not intended to be especially fair. Its name is "Evil," after all.
Changelog:
*Changed the message block at the secret star to an NPC representing myself.
*There might have been some other changes that I forgot about.

Now to think of ideas for "Citadel."
Please put all of your level assets inside a level folder named exactly the same as the level. For example:

worlds/Evil.lvl
worlds/Evil/block-376m.gif