If you lost something come look for it here
KayhemMaus
I keep breaking my face on SMBX
First name: KM
Pronouns: they/them/their

Re: Name-Claiming Thread

Post by KayhemMaus »

Dragon Fogel wrote:
KayhemMaus wrote:SMB3 Hammer Bros is complicated due to Lua shenanigans, Monty Mole Castle by my concept is delayed rather completely right now, so can I claim one more level to fill out my current roster that won't be butts?

Because I'd like Sonic and Mario Meet At Last if possible. :)
At some point I'm probably going to ask you to stop making levels just because you've got so many already, but I'll let you have this one.
Haha, yeah, sorry... I only have like... one more idea left in the tank anyway, which is the one I mentioned in the MaGLX2 thread a few weeks back... and I might be dropping Monty Mole Castle soon as I don't think I can do my concept to any degree of accuracy... but I'll be around for any spriting assistance peoples want at that point. :)

EDIT

Actually, yeah, can I drop Monty Mole Castle and replace it with Happy House because I don't think a decent Monty Mole (not the Mario one but the one from games such as Auf Weidersen Monty and Monty on the Run) homage can be done without a decent Monty and I can't do it.

Then that's it from me, no more claiming at all, ideas all tapped out.lol
nyoro~n n~yoron

I love it
Rednaxela
Maker of Shenanigans
Pronouns: they/them
https://rednaxela.talkhaus.com

Post by Rednaxela »

I've not had a chance to start on this and not sure precise when I will, but I'd like to claim Back in My Day They Wrestled in Dreamland. It was decided in Skypehaus that this needs to be a thing because of a certain background that could be used. It will need certain player mechanics implemented though... ahaha.
HealthyMario

Post by HealthyMario »

If it's possible, can I take Desert Mansion from the MaGLX Rejected level Names list?
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

HealthyMario wrote:If it's possible, can I take Desert Mansion from the MaGLX Rejected level Names list?
I don't see that name. Are you sure that's the one you meant?

Edit: Wait, never mind, found it. Guess I just overlooked it on my first glance.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
CloudyCloud

Post by CloudyCloud »

Maybe I will just drop "water disaster" and take "A Hopping Jungle Level" first: If I am to implement the idea that I wrote down for "water disaster", it will be a huge project to do, and yet I am not sure if I can make sure all can work, and work well.
Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!
First name: Zach

Post by Zephyr_DragonLord »

I definitely want Behold! There is a Courage I Seek! for a level name here. There's a neat idea I think I can make work....
I am prone to almost everything... except spontaneous violence.
Any questions, concerns, or aspirations you have with me can go to the PM box... Now here's a quote:
raocow wrote:I know there is a population on Earth. They like to populate. I like to gesticulate. We're friends!
(It was about time)
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Zephyr_DragonLord wrote:I definitely want Behold! There is a Courage I Seek! for a level name here. There's a neat idea I think I can make work....
The exact title is "Behold! There is a Courage I Want!", I put you down for that one.
Zatsupachi
Queen of Flaming Mechanical Bees

Post by Zatsupachi »

Interest!

Can I claim: A Castlevania Garden Palace
The [Death] of Jokes.
Youtube: dracmeister
Moddb: precision_bomber

Jolpengammler
The Friendly Dog
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Jolpengammler »

I wanna claim "Yay! I love it when everything is so Demonic!"
"Ban all the facial hair from life." ~ Horikawa Otane, 2014
"i always run up and down the stairs because i want to die" ~Isocitration, 2016
Scobie
Undead

Post by Scobie »

Hey guys, this is me asking if I can claim a name and also introducing myself. I'm Scobie, occasional raocow-watcher, game design enthusiast and friend of BobisOnlyBob. I have no levelsmithing experience but I've recently been watching MAGLX 2 and the recaps of MAGLX 1 and wondering how I'd do in comparison. Can I claim "A Battle in the Sky Fortress"?
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

Might I claim "OH MAN, I got a red coin thing. I'm now full of laundry"? I also have wicked plans for this.
LovelyPenguin
Penguinpenguinpen
First name: \(0v0)/
Pronouns: any are fine

Post by LovelyPenguin »

I'll take "Benevolent House", if you please.
Scobie wrote:Hey guys, this is me asking if I can claim a name and also introducing myself. I'm Scobie, occasional raocow-watcher, game design enthusiast and friend of BobisOnlyBob.
Hi, and welcome! I'd say participating in a project like this is an excellent way to introduce yourself.
"The penguin is the core of the universe; the penguin is all."
- raocow

Scobie
Undead

Post by Scobie »

LovelyPenguin wrote:I'll take "Benevolent House", if you please.
Scobie wrote:Hey guys, this is me asking if I can claim a name and also introducing myself. I'm Scobie, occasional raocow-watcher, game design enthusiast and friend of BobisOnlyBob.
Hi, and welcome! I'd say participating in a project like this is an excellent way to introduce yourself.
Thanks, should be fun.
Phoba
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Phoba »

im probably not going to be able to finish this, but can i request for the level, "A Fierce Tango in Wiley's Castle"?
(a)smbx(t) stuff i'll probably not continue???
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb3QzmureUo
LilPoncle115
Celestial Envoy

Post by LilPoncle115 »

Hiyo!
I heard this was the spot people were claiming level names! I don't want to get too ambitious, so I'll only claim two for now.

I'll take:
I've Got a Rad Feeling About This
And
Oh this? It's just your average sinking level. I hope I win!

This is going to be so much fun!
tangy
🍊
Pronouns: any

Post by tangy »

I want to unclaim and get rid of my level for So Few Dudes
and instead claim
Jungle Lava Train (which oddly isn't on the spreadsheet but it's on the magl x2 unused names post)
raocow wrote:I am being shot at, and I am being advertised petrol at the same time. We must be in America.
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

tangeruse wrote:Jungle Lava Train (which oddly isn't on the spreadsheet but it's on the magl x2 unused names post)
That's because it's a name from MaGL X1.
CloudyCloud

Post by CloudyCloud »

I want to check about something.

So the name-claiming is like we claim the name to reserve, right?

If, let's say, I claim 3 names, but I end up working on another name and I have done the level on that name already

And, before I submit the level, it is not yet claimed
In this case, can I submit the done level? (The done level is not one of the 3 names that I claimed, yet ya know, I have a workable inspiration suddenly on an unclaimed name and I end up having completed the production of the level very quickly.)
S1eth

Post by S1eth »

If you have a finished level and the name is not claimed by anyone else, yeah, just submit it.

It's basically the same as unclaiming one of your names, claiming the new one, submitting it immediately and then reclaiming one of your old names. But why not just claim the names you're working on in the first place? What do you do if someone else claims the name of your nearly finished level?
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

The main point of the name-claiming limit is to keep someone from sitting on two dozen names and then disappearing. If you're actually making levels, there isn't much problem, but as mentioned, you run the risk of getting name-sniped.
tangy
🍊
Pronouns: any

Post by tangy »

Zyglrox Odyssey wrote:
tangeruse wrote:Jungle Lava Train (which oddly isn't on the spreadsheet but it's on the magl x2 unused names post)
That's because it's a name from MaGL X1.
Horikawa then mixed all the used names from magl x1 with all the unused names from magl x2 and then just sorted them !!!
raocow wrote:I am being shot at, and I am being advertised petrol at the same time. We must be in America.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

One of the patterns in MAGL X2's naming generator was "level used in MAGL X1", that's all. Given the sheer size of the list I don't blame her for not taking those out.

If you end up picking one of those levels, we just put your name down in the MAGL X1 sheet and tell you we're doing that.
CloudyCloud

Post by CloudyCloud »

S1eth wrote:If you have a finished level and the name is not claimed by anyone else, yeah, just submit it.

It's basically the same as unclaiming one of your names, claiming the new one, submitting it immediately and then reclaiming one of your old names. But why not just claim the names you're working on in the first place? What do you do if someone else claims the name of your nearly finished level?
Dragon Fogel wrote:The main point of the name-claiming limit is to keep someone from sitting on two dozen names and then disappearing. If you're actually making levels, there isn't much problem, but as mentioned, you run the risk of getting name-sniped.
It is true, but when I claimed those names, I had some ideas, but yet when I try to work on those ideas, they are either non-workable, or at least impractical.(or, they end up being not an enjoyable and fun idea.)

Yet, I don't feel like giving those names that I claimed up. <_<
CloudyCloud

Post by CloudyCloud »

Let me drop my claim of "Overt Emphasis on the Bottle".

And I will take "Have Some Boom Boom".

Edited as of 3/9, 2:38pm(GST +8)

Let me claim back "Overt Emphasis on the Bottle", since I have completed "Have some boom boom"
7NameSam
hey
Pronouns: they/them

Post by 7NameSam »

I would like to un-claim all of my current names
and claim "Goomba"
Edit: I couldn't find a good chicken, so i'll take "Goomba".