If you lost something come look for it here
Choco

Re: Name-Claiming Thread

Post by Choco »

Dragon Fogel wrote:
Choco wrote:I'll take;

The Mountain of Stars
A Golden Oppurtunity in the Spacious Dungeon
Hmm. As it happens, both of those are MAGL X names, although technically the first is "The Mountains of Stars" in MAGL X. Close enough that I'm reluctant to hand both out to the same person, since we likely won't have nearly as many reused level names.

I've put you down for Golden Opportunity for now. If you'd rather do the other one, let me know; maybe you can make one of your ideas work with another level name
Okay, I'll do Equal Whirl Lake instead of The Mountain of Stars.
SomethingFawful
Has Chortles

Post by SomethingFawful »

I'm going to go against my better judgment and also claim "an experiment"

This probably isn't going to be a very good level.
blue_kirby
Wrong lever!!!
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by blue_kirby »

I'd like to claim "No Dudes in this Motherfucking Fortress?!" for now. Am I aloud to claim one/two other levels later on?
"That's embarrassing"
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

blue_kirby wrote:Am I aloud to claim one/two other levels later on?
Sure, as long as you make any further claims in a new post rather than editing your previous one. Makes everything easier for everyone involved that way.
qazcake
A cake masquerading as a burger
First name: qaz

Post by qazcake »

I dont know if this is going to be a thing but So I Started Off with Another Temporary Cheep-Cheep, but I Got a Little Distracted... is the name i want if this is a thing.
S1eth

Post by S1eth »

I'd like to claim: Did You Know in Zebes They Had Phantos?
Aqualakitu

Post by Aqualakitu »

Firstl, I'd like to reserve "In the Beginning, It was All Minimum in the Castle" and "Exotic Crystal Skyship" for myself.
Second, is it possible to submit a second level for the project? I'd like to make another level in collaboration with Sniggerb0bble, so if that's alright I'll also take "hi my name is peach, and i have a problem".
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Yeah, you can submit multiple levels. The only limit right now is on the number of names you can have claimed at a time, because we don't want someone calling a dozen names. Collaborating with someone else on a level is fine, too.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

MaGLX2 rejected wrote:I'll be Zack
I just came up with the stupidest idea for this one please let me use it omg
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Weird Goonie

Post by Weird Goonie »

I'd like to claim:

A Deadly Dreamland Level
MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian

Post by MonkeyShrapnel »

Hmm...I suppose I might as well claim...

SMB1 Thwomps

I feel like I'm making too many levels but eh, may as well.
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)
Garlyle

Post by Garlyle »

You ever have one of those days where suddenly you know exactly what level you want to make?

Behold, There is Stress Disappearing!

Please and thank you
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Yeah, I would have guessed that even if it hadn't already happened by the time I checked things over here.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023
Pronouns: she/her

Post by snoruntpyro »

An idea hit me and I now must claim The Ultimate Revenge of Dr. raocow. I'll also take Mega Man Inspired My Take on Torpedo Teds in This Level.
tigermoon
Location: Is crazy a location? If so, I've been here for ages. :3

Post by tigermoon »

I hesitated on actually jumping into this for a while, but...

I'd like to do the idea I had for The Waltz of Mystery back with MaGLX1. It's okay for someone to take a name they were actually given, right?

There are a few other names I liked, but given my history, perhaps it's best I just stick to the one most people probably would've overlooked anyway. :lol:
WARNING: User is known for stupid ideas. Listen at your own risk.
... I prefer the one where you compare yourself to gremlins...
FFR

Post by FFR »

I'd like to claim The Flight of the Blue Platforms please!
FrozenQuills
hehe haha 2024

Post by FrozenQuills »

You know what? I suddenly have a ton of ideas for this level and I think I actually could pull it off in a way that everyone will enjoy.
I'll take raocow's Worst Level.
SMBX Tileset Compiler and Separator
The boss entry that made me eat a shoe.

5th place counter: 5
(SMBX Forums CC11, SMBX Forums CC12, Endgame Madness Contest, SMWC Kaizo Contest 2016, SMWC 24hr Contest 2018)
Duvi0
Artist, streamer, level designer, and more, for the low low price of a jar of peaches!

Post by Duvi0 »

Is the rule that it has to be a raocow quote? Because I was rewatching ascetic mario the other day and he said the quote "Agree with the Wall". Could I potentially claim that name and make a level based around that concept?
Yo peeps! I'm Duvi. Wanna know more about what I'm like, look at my tumblr, http://duvi0.tumblr.com
talk to me on Skype (mossyduvi0) or Steam (duvi0), or watch my streams at http://twitch.tv/duvi0!
However, my description of myself goes like this: I'm a smart idiot who writes and designs well, but as jacks of all trades go, I can really do jack.
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

Duvi0 wrote:Is the rule that it has to be a raocow quote? Because I was rewatching ascetic mario the other day and he said the quote "Agree with the Wall". Could I potentially claim that name and make a level based around that concept?
The rule is that it has to be one of the unused names from MaGL X or X2. There are links in the OP of this very thread to lists of them.
Duvi0
Artist, streamer, level designer, and more, for the low low price of a jar of peaches!

Post by Duvi0 »

Maaaaan, I had a bunch of ideas too! Ah well, that's going into my SMBX game in the future.
Yo peeps! I'm Duvi. Wanna know more about what I'm like, look at my tumblr, http://duvi0.tumblr.com
talk to me on Skype (mossyduvi0) or Steam (duvi0), or watch my streams at http://twitch.tv/duvi0!
However, my description of myself goes like this: I'm a smart idiot who writes and designs well, but as jacks of all trades go, I can really do jack.
Quman

Post by Quman »

Duvi0 wrote:Maaaaan, I had a bunch of ideas too! Ah well, that's going into my SMBX game in the future.
You can submit it for A2XT episode 2.
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

My lua code for Ride the Fishes! keeps breaking in weird inexplicable ways and I'm growing rather displeased with how it plays anyway so I think i'm gonna go ahead and vacate that name.
Hoeloe
A2XT person
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Hoeloe »

Zyglrox Odyssey wrote:My lua code for Ride the Fishes! keeps breaking in weird inexplicable ways and I'm growing rather displeased with how it plays anyway so I think i'm gonna go ahead and vacate that name.
If you want to post a bit more specifics in the Lua help thread, I might be able to lend a hand.
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

Hoeloe wrote:
Zyglrox Odyssey wrote:My lua code for Ride the Fishes! keeps breaking in weird inexplicable ways and I'm growing rather displeased with how it plays anyway so I think i'm gonna go ahead and vacate that name.
If you want to post a bit more specifics in the Lua help thread, I might be able to lend a hand.
Thanks, but frankly at this point I'm burnt out on working on that particular idea anyway. If nobody else takes it I may reclaim the name and try to get it figured out, but for now I really don't want to.
FFR

Post by FFR »

guess who got sick and didn't finish his level? ... I have half a mind of giving up my level name and getting a new one only AFTER I almost finish my level. I'm keeping the name for now, but if anyone needs it, just go ahead and steal it from me. I'll likely go back to level making after thursday