(shouting)

MAGL X Rejected Level Names List

If you lost something come look for it here
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

MAGL X Rejected Level Names List

Post by Dragon Fogel »

So people were talking about a project using some of the more interesting rejected names from both MAGL X contests. And I gathered up as many names as I could find in last year's discussion thread.

It's not my intention to make this an official project thread, per se; this is just where I'm posting those names. These names are pretty much free for anyone to use for whatever purpose, including ones that don't relate to SMBX, levels, or even video games.

Horikawa has said that she has the entire list of rejected names for this year's contest, so that will probably be added at some point. For now, here's what I was able to dig up from last year. Some rejected levels had the same names as levels that got used in the actual contest, so they're not on this list.

This list is alphabetical, and I kept names exactly as I found them in the topic so there are some spelling errors.

UPDATE!
Horikawa has not only provided a full list of rejected names for MAGL X2, but she even managed to gather up the full list of MAGL X rejected names, which is very much appreciated.

MAGL X Rejected Names
MAGL X2 Rejected Names Part 1 (A-Q)
MAGL X2 Rejected Names Part 2 (R-Z)

If you want to make a bonus level with a name from the original MAGL X, you can find those here. Note that we're hoping not to get too many of these.

It is now redundant for me to keep this list I gathered up from the discussion thread last year, but I'll keep the link here in case someone wants to look at it for some reason.
Rejected Names from MAGL X 2014
Last edited by Dragon Fogel 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Re: MAGL X Rejected Level Names List

Post by Willhart »

The list seems to be missing my rejected level names from here:
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=15503&start=700#p273534

There might be some others too.

Edit: Was this for the last year contest? Never mind then.
Last edited by Willhart 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

That's this year's thread. These are all names from last year's thread. There might be some others that could be dug up with more detective work, but these were all the ones I found in that particular thread.

This year, Horikawa has been keeping track of all the names, and she said she'd be willing to provide them. So I haven't gone looking through this year's thread for names.
QuietProtag
also known as luigiman09, rip 2010-2014
First name: Félix
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by QuietProtag »

I'll repost my rejected level names!

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=15503&p=278157#p278157
Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

Same here.

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=15503&start=1350#p277725

It's a shame I didn't use some of them, though. The first one was actually my second choice.
LilPoncle115
Celestial Envoy

Post by LilPoncle115 »

I like the idea of revisitng some of the rejected level names for a collab SMBX hack. I saw a lot of really great names in the discussion forum that would make really fun levels!
Dragon Fogel wrote:This year, Horikawa has been keeping track of all the names, and she said she'd be willing to provide them. So I haven't gone looking through this year's thread for names.
That makes things awfully convenient. :D
But I'll repost my rejected level names anyway. :P

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=15503&p=278570#p278570
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

Yep. I submitted.
Hey Dad! I Made a Metal Gear Level in the Smbx Engine! Are You Proud of Me Now...?
Hey Everybody, This Is Dr. Wily and I'm Playing the Latest Romhack 'Testy Johto!'
Hitch a Ride on the Unsightly Fat Guy Even Though It's Rarely Tied
Flowery Swoopers Do Not Often Skip, but When They Do It's Crazy
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

It's worth noting that some people also referenced their unused level names in their levels but never posted them in the thread (Mabel in particular comes to mind as having dropped three or four unused name references in the first screen of his level, one of the names being the fantastic "Do You Remember raocow's Nitroid LP? Yeah, This Is Like That" which is conspicuously absent from the unused name list).

Also in the spirit of doing more for a potential project using these than being all "we should totally do a project using these" I've started work on a Ride the Fishes! and would like to encourage anybody and everybody interested to check out the list, see if anything catches your eye. Not even necessarily to make a level, maybe just to direct somebody else's attention to a name, or to pitch some neat outside-the-box idea you had for one.
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

I won't participate here, but my offer to make a mini-hub for something like this stands.
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

*Sees tunnel in the list.*
Whelp.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Mystick
Pronouns: he/him/his!

Post by Mystick »

I have a RADICAL idea for this level name

"Too Few Koopas on this Motherfucking Train!"
involving ninjas and a mysterious murder...
Yo'
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

I'd be down with submitting some levels to a project like this if I felt confident that the project itself would take off the ground or at least be completed in some form, even if it was just a small dinky little thing, y'know? Even if it only came out to be a miniature, fifteen-level episode, so long as someone could say "yes, we will do the bells and whistles and turn it into a completed hub" that would be enough for me. I just like knowing something will pan out, if that doesn't sound too selfish ^^;;

For the sake of it since I don't see them in the list, my unused names were:
Fire Emblem Inspired My Take on Thwomps in This Level
My Dad Said That Dr. Wily Is of the Lord. I'm Inclined to Agree.
Reponsibly Telephone in the Humdrum Ocean
When France Was Very Elderly, Birdo Were Stopped in the Citadel
Have some Hard difficulty names :E I suspect there are a lot of these since a lot of people chose Hard.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

RenaTurnip wrote:I'd be down with submitting some levels to a project like this if I felt confident that the project itself would take off the ground or at least be completed in some form, even if it was just a small dinky little thing, y'know? Even if it only came out to be a miniature, fifteen-level episode, so long as someone could say "yes, we will do the bells and whistles and turn it into a completed hub" that would be enough for me. I just like knowing something will pan out, if that doesn't sound too selfish ^^;;
Well, we have Blivsey willing to make a hub for this if it ever gets off the ground (thanks btw, that'd be great), so all we really need now is levels to be made. And if all else fails and we only get like eight levels or something they could just as easily be compiled into A2XT episode 2 in some manner (be it a world or like a hidden level in each world or whatever), so no matter what happens any levels you make will most assuredly not go to waste, if that's your concern.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator

Post by TaviTurnip »

Zyglrox Odyssey wrote: And if all else fails and we only get like eight levels or something they could just as easily be compiled into A2XT episode 2 in some manner (be it a world or like a hidden level in each world or whatever)
This. This would be a super cool idea! A cleverly hidden world (not necessarily a Special WorldTM or postgame) somewhere in A2XT that's made up of eight or nine levels of rejected MaGL X2 names, with a non-canon subplot for fun.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

add a world of apes in honor of this recurring guy whom I don't know the name of
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
LovelyPenguin
Penguinpenguinpen
First name: \(0v0)/
Pronouns: any are fine

Post by LovelyPenguin »

Hey, I wouldn't mind contributing a level made out of one of my rejected level names (I don't remember last year's but I easily remember this year's).

(Also, whoo, 200th post!)
"The penguin is the core of the universe; the penguin is all."
- raocow

Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

I was just browsing through the list and this jumped out at me:

"Secret disasters are like jolly paradises if you think about it"

I'm getting this idea that you're told to cover up disasters to keep the populace happy and given the above line by an NPC as a justification for it. I'm not sure how to actually make a level around that, but it would be silly.
Philos555

Post by Philos555 »

Didn't see mine on the big list, so might as well toss em out there-they were easy ones, in case you all couldn't tell >.<

Cloud of Lava
Ship House
Secret Faithful Cloud
Swim Unfortunately
Dang ol'
Dog In Da Grass
Woof!
First name: Dog
Pronouns: that dog

Post by Dog In Da Grass »

Horikawa Otane wrote:Thousands of level names!
Oh woof! That's awesome! There are so many hidden gems in that list that fall outside of the typical level name structures that make me laugh.
:pal: Image :pal:

Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

Man, I'm really digging some of the templates you used for generating level names. I can see just how many possibilities could arise from something as simple as Mad Libs, especially in templates like "[Things] Do Not Come From the [Location]. Where The Heck Were You Raised To Think That? They Come From the [Other Location]" and "Hey [Mom/Dad]! I Made a [Video Game] Level in the Smbx Engine! [Statement pleading for appreciation from said parental figure]". Those are some really neat frameworks to base a level name on.
Sinc-X
uncreative title
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Sinc-X »

Horikawa Otane wrote:qqqqqq
literally the best name
Garlyle

Post by Garlyle »

oh my cod this is amazing
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

Sinc-X wrote:
Horikawa Otane wrote:qqqqqq
literally the best name
I'm partial to
Horikawa Otane wrote:COVER YOUR EARS KIDS! THE WORLD AT IT'S END!!
myself.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator

Post by TaviTurnip »

Oh my gosh that list. That liiist. Wooooow.

Things. They will happen. *plots*
LilPoncle115
Celestial Envoy

Post by LilPoncle115 »

So many good names that got rejected... there are some pretty good ones in there.
I definitely want to join in and make another level!
It would be a crime to see some of these names go to waste.