(shouting)

General Planning Thread

If you lost something come look for it here
Sinc-X
uncreative title
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: General Planning Thread

Post by Sinc-X »

i can't say for sure whether i'll actually finish my level or not; i really love the ideas i had but i don't really have a ton of motivation to make them happen

idk i'd probably do it at some point but i wouldn't wait on me if it came down to that
Thunder Dragon
First name: Luke
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Thunder Dragon »

I still intend on doing mine -- it's been on my mind every now and again, but I have yet to actually sit down and remember how to use that ol' SMBX thing (other priorities and what have you not). I have a very clear idea on where I'm going with the whole thing; the trick is learning the SMBX engine's limitations and how to work around them. Will try to have something in before the end of August!
Image (wait what)
CodeGorilla

Post by CodeGorilla »

I don't even remember what I claimed, so I'm out. If I decide to get in on this now that I have a good computer and more free time, I'll go through the claiming process again.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

So a while ago Zyglrox suggested we get a Discord chat going, and today I decided to just go ahead and do that.

this bbcode is defined in bbcode.phpThis is a link[/registered]

The link in the Registered User Content thingy will work for 24 hours. I'm not currently sure how to best manage things from there, but I figured it was best to just set something up.

I guess people who miss this can PM me or post here if they want a link once that one expires.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Quiversee
Oh man, I got nothin!

Post by Quiversee »

I'd like to apologize for general absence; long story short, my computer blew up when I was trying to run some fixes on what I claimed, and by the time I got a new one...I kinda forgot to get the ball rolling again. Only casually coming back here on unrelated business reminded me... anyway! Just strike my name from the list, I'm unhappy with what I did manage to submit and honestly don't know if I can get it in a state I'm comfortable with...again.

Mayhap I shall try again on a future Magl.
Zatsupachi
Queen of Flaming Mechanical Bees

Post by Zatsupachi »

I'm just here to say, I spent the longest time making a tileset.
...and its not exactly the best thing in the world, like seriously.

So I'll uh use what I got.

I've been busy with school, my games(personal projects), and mods.
So yeah, juggling these things. And I have to prepare my thesis titles and 30% of the system by the end of the trimester, that's always fun.

I'll see what I can do for "A Castlevania Garden Palace."
The [Death] of Jokes.
Youtube: dracmeister
Moddb: precision_bomber

Thunder Dragon
First name: Luke
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Thunder Dragon »

I sincerely apologize for my inability to reach the "late August" deadline! Things kinda came up (super totally important life obligations which include, but are not limited to: laziness, procrastination, etc. Also: my own indie game.) All the progress I've made is but one simple, tiny room, which doesn't even include any real gameplay to speak of. Oh well.~ I'd still like to finish (or rather, start?) the thing if I can find the proper motivation.

Speaking of -- is this collab even still a thing? I'm not seeing a huge amount of activity going around. Just asking, is all!
Image (wait what)
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

Thunder Dragon wrote:I sincerely apologize for my inability to reach the "late August" deadline! Things kinda came up (super totally important life obligations which include, but are not limited to: laziness, procrastination, etc. Also: my own indie game.) All the progress I've made is but one simple, tiny room, which doesn't even include any real gameplay to speak of. Oh well.~ I'd still like to finish (or rather, start?) the thing if I can find the proper motivation.

Speaking of -- is this collab even still a thing? I'm not seeing a huge amount of activity going around. Just asking, is all!
It's kinda gone comatose as of late, I've been meaning to attempt to kickstart it back into being for a while now but then I was running a contest and then MaGL 3 started. >_>
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Also "late August" was me tossing out a time arbitrarily on the theory that maybe we'd be a little more organized in some vague way by then.

I never meant it to be a strict thing and was hoping to actually talk about whether it was a good timeframe before committing to it. That never really happened, so here we are.

(also, I feel a little bad about how long it's been since I tested a level, never quite got back into that)
Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!
First name: Zach

Post by Zephyr_DragonLord »

I still haven't updated my level to the new SMBX assets. I need to do that, too. And then you'll have something new to test.
I am prone to almost everything... except spontaneous violence.
Any questions, concerns, or aspirations you have with me can go to the PM box... Now here's a quote:
raocow wrote:I know there is a population on Earth. They like to populate. I like to gesticulate. We're friends!
(It was about time)
savageDruid

Post by savageDruid »

Sorry, I entered college this year and kinda forgot about this DX
Am I still in time to finish at least one level? D:
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

just realized we crossed the 6 year mark of the last post in here.

RIP this project (though someone should probably see what's still available compile it into a zombie thing so we can let this subforum rest)
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

Dragon Fogel wrote:don't call him dragon :dragon:
Hey Fogesy, SAJewers brought up in the AAT/Romhack Shack discord about whether it's possible to compile any finished levels into a makeshift episode.

I haven't really checked if any of the links in the wiki are still up or not, archive.org or otherwise, but if you want I can try to help compiling them into SMBX2 or something of the like once I'm free with AAT and, then, helping with AZCT. Or maybe AZCT and MaGLX:TLL at the same time, if it's not too much trouble? I do have to be careful about overworking, though.

Don't feel compelled to finish it ASAP, though.
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

I'm pretty sure I downloaded most levels that got posted for testing, maybe even all, though I never got around to the actual testing for some of them. So if any download links aren't working, let me know and I'll see if I've got them on my end.

I have no particular thoughts or preferences as to how to present an episode made out of these levels, but if anyone wants to take that on I'm happy to help as best I can.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Throw it up somewhere and maybe I'll take a look
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB