(shouting)

Talkhaus Mosts 2014 discussion thread !!!!!

Ready to vote? Too late it's over
128-Up
Captain Aiwana
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Talkhaus Mosts 2014 discussion thread !!!!!

Post by 128-Up »

I hate to be a spoilsport but the word filter's not funny ._.
If Mario has taught me anything, it's that most things rely on whether there's something good in a nearby box.
Note: If something in the above post is done incorrectly, tell the poster as softly as possible, please.

128-Up's IWBTG Fangame Clear List
If you're wondering what on earth 'aiwana' is, click me!

Image <-- Click it!
Image Pokémon is hard.
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

what splat filter?
128-Up
Captain Aiwana
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by 128-Up »

Most --> Moist
Surely editing the thread titles would be easier. :V
If Mario has taught me anything, it's that most things rely on whether there's something good in a nearby box.
Note: If something in the above post is done incorrectly, tell the poster as softly as possible, please.

128-Up's IWBTG Fangame Clear List
If you're wondering what on earth 'aiwana' is, click me!

Image <-- Click it!
Image Pokémon is hard.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

128-Up wrote:Surely editing the thread titles would be easier. :V
Actually I'm pretty sure that phpBB has a word filter function in the admin control panel. Though I can't go double check right now since the forum I'd normally use for that is down right now due to the host getting in trouble over a DMCA for letting his friend use the server to bypass a school block, lol.
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

whenever i receive dmcas for talkhaus i just tell them to go away
Alice

Post by Alice »

I'm not sure of the exact details but it sounds like he may be in some sort of actual legal trouble over it. He mentioned needing to get a lawyer. Which if that is the case it sucks for him because his family just had to deal with some bullshit lawsuit like last year where some doctor caused an accident and tried to lay the blame on my friend's family instead and tried to sue them over it. (This is totally on-topic, what are you talking about?)
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

i don't know how acting as a proxy can make you liable for anything under the dmca due to the safe harbour provisions

also it's very hard to be in trouble for a dmca notice anyway - it's just a notice, you just reply and say "i have complied" or "i haven't complied"

maybe it's just a bad isp that flicks the switch whenever they receive a notice (i've had those)
Alice

Post by Alice »

After having a look through the emails I'm not entirely sure if it's just the server host or not.

Spoilered since this is already way off-topic:
this bbcode is defined in bbcode.php
Hey,

Just a quick update on something that happened this morning at like 3am:

I build a torrent web interface thing and have been running that off my server for my friends who cannot torrent on their college campuses. This morning a friend of mine decided to download the Beastie Boys discography (at 3am!! not sure what prompted that decision!) and an hour later my host forwards me 3 copyright notices and shuts down my server. I am attempting to get into contact with my friend to settle with the copyright holders (small amount of $60) so I can get my server back up.

Although I expect that they will happily just bring my server back online, if they have a bigger issue with this it can cause some delays, although I must stress that it is unlikely. Just giving you a heads up just in case. If it is a bigger problem, I will send you another messaging explaining when the server can be back up. For now, however, the plan for the end of this week is a still the one that is being followed and should be expected.

Thanks!
OK SO I GUESS THEY WANT TO FUCK ME FOR THE ENTIRE DISCOGRAPHY SO I JUST GOT 12 MORE DCMA NOTICES AND THIS IS GOING TO DELAY THE SITE BECAUSE THIS IS GOING TO COST A LOT OF MONEY AND I MIGHT NEED TO TALK TO A LAWYER DEPENDING ON HOW MUCH THIS IS GOING TO END UP COSTING SORRY
Ok so I have to speak to a lawyer tomorrow and sort this out. I'm getting DCMA'd for all 207 that my friend decided to download. I'll try to get the site up still, but sadly cannot make any promises, especially since I'm not sure what action to take now without getting legal advice. Apologies again.
Hey,

I've been VERY busy between phone calls with lawyers at EFF and many exams for school... Good news is that I have a lawyer that's representing me for my legal issues with the DCMA people, and I have a phone call with him tomorrow to get a plan together for a response to the company that is coming after me.

With exams and everything going on, it's been a bit crazy though. This week is the last week of school before I go on break, but I have to work next week too, but I hope to have the site back up by sometime next week. This is pretty much a promise considering that I seem to have gotten all of my ducks in a row. Forgive me for the lack of communication, etc but I've been under so much stress... probably the most I have ever been under in my life. That being said, things should start to smooth out and the site should be back up soon. I'll keep you updated some more as I have more info. Thanks for your patience! Sorry if this email has some broken english or anything, I am very tired...
These are between the 11th of last month and the 19th of last month and I haven't heard from him since so I'm hoping everything is okay. He commonly goes months without coming on to Steam and no longer frequents any of the other sites we both use so the only real way I have to contact him is email and it's been like 5-6 days since I last emailed him. And the site he was hosting, at least the forums relevant to me, has been down since the 13th of October too due to a migration issue then him getting too busy.[/registered]
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

owned but they're probably getting trolled since the DMCA does not work like that
Alice

Post by Alice »

It's always possible. I wouldn't know though because I know next to nothing about DMCA claims and how they work since I haven't really hosted a site before.
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

basically the DMCA explicitly makes you not liable for your users actions providing you forward the notice to them or remove access to the connect

alternatively if you live outside of the us you just tell them to go away or, if you're feeling really polite, ask them to send a valid notice
Alice

Post by Alice »

Ah, alright. I dunno what's really going on in his case then. And he lives within the US btw, so it would most definitely affect him however much it can.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Мost
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
spitznagl
­­­­~1.68e+7 real colors

Post by spitznagl »

pholtos wrote:Мost
Try to write it all in lowercase now.
ImageImage
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

mοst

I win. :3
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

ɯosʇ
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
spitznagl
­­­­~1.68e+7 real colors

Post by spitznagl »

pholtos wrote:mοst

I win. :3
You're disqualified for using greek letters on an English forum you cheato!

You used the uppercase letter Mu the first time and a lowercase Omicron in the second one.

So much cheat.
ImageImage
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

m­ost
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

spitznagl wrote:You're disqualified for using greek letters on an English forum you cheato!

You used the uppercase letter Mu the first time and a lowercase Omicron in the second one.

So much cheat.
Hey what do you think you are doing using the greek letter Y?

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

möst?

Cat Pöke?

Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
spitznagl
­­­­~1.68e+7 real colors

Post by spitznagl »

Whimsical Calamari wrote:m­ost
Please teach me the art of the magical dash character that doesn't show up in website input boxes.
pholtos wrote:Hey what do you think you are doing using the greek letter Y?
It's only Greek when I'm speaking French.
ImageImage
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

metroid: other
Mabel wrote:m ost
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

Mabel wrote:m ost
The original soundtrack for "M"?
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.