(shouting)

Us SMBxers and Talkhaus Today

Have anything to suggest? A crazy video idea? New merchandise in mind? Write it down here - I'm not saying I'm going to listen, but I promise to pretend very hard.
ViolaCourtes

Re: Us SMBxers and Talkhaus Today

Post by ViolaCourtes »

Well can someone of you tell me if i was banned i left since the raid was happening at it all was quite fast and stuff.
Dan wrote:
GrätselBüchner wrote:Guys isn't it strange how one single topic did encounter in this?

not all SMBXers
When i hear this i always think of one who is pretty immature in there from our forum.
Signature
Dan

Post by Dan »

GrätselBüchner wrote:Well can someone of you tell me if i was banned i left since the raid was happening at it all was quite fast and stuff.
Thanks to the marvels of modern technology you can now ascertain this for yourself, if you so desire. Simply try connecting to #talkhaus on irc.rena.so. If you are allowed into the channel, you're not banned. If you are banned, however, your client will display a message similar to this:
#talkhaus unable to join channel (address is banned)
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

So apparently a big part of this is that people are mad that Val got banned.

As far as I can tell, Val was banned pretty much for being aggressive upon entering the IRC.

http://pastebin.com/wHsp0dEQ

If you're that passive aggressive about solving issues you're going to get kicked or banned.
8bitmushroom wrote:though some of us (not me) are a little angered with what some people said in one particular thread, we have nothing against you. We do not wish to make you miserable.
ALSO ALSO, may I just say that it's really silly for the SMBX community to get so up in arms over some of our users criticizing or disliking the SMBX engine? Or the SMBX community's contests??

Like seriously, different opinions yo. If you get ticked off about some users saying they don't like the SMBX engine that's just pretty silly yo.

You guys are mad about this thread apparently?

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=14733

And like, apparently the thread title too you guys are miffed at? Thread titles aren't controlled by mods they're controlled by the user so that's just litdude throwing logs on the fire in the moment. Not the best thing but hey.
8bitmushroom wrote: We wish not to raid your chat. Some people only joined because hey, it's a chat, let there be speech! It's better than talking on a forums since chat is mostly direct, so that's a good thing. The only people you need to get rid of are ones that intentionally spam the shit out of the chat, example being Knux.
Yeah seriously just don't be a fuck in IRC and you won't get kicked or banned xoxo
8bitmushroom
is a flair a dessert?
First name: Danny
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by 8bitmushroom »

leod wrote:emphasis
the irc users couldn't care less about forum affiliations.
It's more-so the fact that a staff member threatened to ban me and said I wasn't welcome that really got me questioning our affiliation status.
Bwarch wrote:Yeah seriously just don't be a fuck in IRC and you won't get kicked or banned xoxo
Kind of funny how I didn't actually do much of anything in the chat other than join and say a few things to leod. Oh well.
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

Bwarch wrote:And like, apparently the thread title too you guys are miffed at? Thread titles aren't controlled by mods they're controlled by the user so that's just litdude throwing logs on the fire in the moment. Not the best thing but hey.
nah that was me lol

i thought maybe a subtle but ingenius point about how the rivalry between us was wholely imagined might defuse tension

..maybe not
Cup

Post by Cup »

8bit, none of us have any issues with your or TNT or Bomber or anyone. You just all came in at once and people were boting and we got overwhelmed.

If you got caught in the crossfire and weren't acting like an idiot, just contact cat and get unbanned.

We were just watching harry potter when all of this went down. No one on irc even reads the forums. We don't care about the smbx contests or any forum drama.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

Rénà wrote:
Bwarch wrote:And like, apparently the thread title too you guys are miffed at? Thread titles aren't controlled by mods they're controlled by the user so that's just litdude throwing logs on the fire in the moment. Not the best thing but hey.
nah that was me lol

i thought maybe a subtle but ingenius point about how the rivalry between us was wholely imagined might defuse tension

..maybe not
*head desk*
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

the attack wasnt about that anyway it was because i banned their lord and saviour valtteri
8bitmushroom
is a flair a dessert?
First name: Danny
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by 8bitmushroom »

Actually, in my opinion, Valtteri can be a piece of shit a lot of times. I don't blame you for banning him.

Apparently I'm getting in trouble for this because people are telling me I never help with causes. Oh well.
Valtteri

Post by Valtteri »

8bitmushroom wrote:Then again I think Valtteri might be a problem, but honestly, when is he not?
8bitmushroom wrote:Actually, in my opinion, Valtteri can be a piece of shit a lot of times. I don't blame you for banning him.
I honestly have no idea where you're getting this from. Can you provide some kind of basis on these statements?
Rénà wrote:valtteri is already perm banned (before today)
Why? Because I was displeased by the fact that you guys are blatantly insulting me behind my back? And your channel topic says, "Valtteri's ego: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=2460 | enjoy your community full of 12 popular members of the smbx community" Is this really necessary?
Rénà wrote:the attack wasnt about that anyway it was because i banned their lord and saviour valtteri
I would appreciate it if you knocked it off with the sarcastic, derogatory comments. There is absolutely nothing I have done to deserve this kind of treatment. And don't give me the "you were being butthurt over maglx on irc" bullshit, that's nothing compared to the shit I get from you.
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

thanks for the disrespect

it is not going to get you unbanned

and if you are really extending it to the forums, then i am also going to extend your ban here
glitch4

Post by glitch4 »

So you're users making discuss about this conflict clever? The most annoying thing ever happened?

talkhausers think that valtteri was turned into evil mode and they don't want to unban him at all

If this thread will keeps opened, then I'll instant ragequit
Joey

Post by Joey »

Alright, so here are a few things I'd like to say on the matter.

I'd like to apologize for the behavior of the users of the SMBX community within the last day. While we're not necessarily the only ones at fault, I think this is really just a big misunderstanding.

Nobody knows for sure who flooded #talkhaus, and from what Rena has told me it looks like SMBX users were just banned as a result of the crossfire. As long as everyone who wants their bans removed has them removed, I don't see a problem.

I think the main thing we all need to grasp here is that SMBX and the Talkhaus are very different communities. This is much more of a good thing than a bad thing. We're going to have disagreements, sure, but instead of bashing the way the other side does things we should instead learn to appreciate it. One of things I like about Talkhaus is that they value gameplay a lot more than aesthetics - this offers a really interesting way to judge contests and provides more variety. SMBX, on the other hand, cares more about graphics/visual appeal.

Neither of these things are bad.

I guess what I'm saying is...if you don't want to join a contest that you know is going to be based more on aesthetics or gameplay, nobody is forcing you to join it. Whining about how SMBX loves graphics or about how Talkhaus loves gameplay isn't doing anything beneficial for anyone. Instead of whining about it, join the contest! You'll meet different people from the other community and have an opportunity to work on a slightly different skillset.

But, looking at the bigger picture, these two communities are different. We're not always going to agree on things. That's okay. We just need to work on handling those disagreements in a nondestructive manner - flooding IRC channels, making fun of users, overreacting, and jumping to conclusions are not the right ways to do it. This is directed at both communities. We all have our things to work on.

Thanks for reading.