(shouting)

Us SMBxers and Talkhaus Today

Have anything to suggest? A crazy video idea? New merchandise in mind? Write it down here - I'm not saying I'm going to listen, but I promise to pretend very hard.
TNTtimelord
Info under raps

Us SMBxers and Talkhaus Today

Post by TNTtimelord »

Ok, I honestly don't have much to do with the fighting going on between about 6 SMBXers and the talkhaus IRC about some comments about SMBX.

From what I understand, one of your users was disqualified from our next contest from breaking some level rules, and a few others said some undesirable things about our engine. There was pretty much a time gap where i didn't know what was going on, but it had to do with the IRC and cat. Cat, according to Wind and Valtteri, said rude things, and when Valtteri got on, he was banned instantly. This outraged a lot of the SMBX users, who went on and retaliated. I went on and was asked if I was a popular SMBX member. I said I was an SMBX member, but I didn't want to do anything with fighting. Nonetheless, I was BANNED for being an SMBX member, and now all SMBX members are blacklisted.

May I say, I apologize on behalf of most of the community (seriously, they aren't happy with you guys right now either), but the way you acted upon the other SMBX members like me who did NOTHING before joining the chat was downright unacceptable as well. We have both acted unruly today, and I wouldn't be surprised if we ended our affiliation. Please, I would ask that this wouldn't be disregarded as spam, trolling, or flaming because I am looking forward to ending the fighting, please. The SMBX doesn't need Talkhaus hating us and considering us assholes because of a handful of people joining the IRC and spamming.

I'm aware you guys are likely not happy with us, and we aren't with you either. I'm hoping that this can change?
devil†zukin

Re: Us SMBxers and Talkhaus Today

Post by devil†zukin »

I apologize on behalf of most of the community
thank you

to clarify some things:

not all smbx members are blacklisted, that was a quote taken out of context
if you got banned, it was not for being an smbx member, but you messed up

on another note, keep in mind that the irc network irc.rena.so is separate from the forum, and a completely different community

if this topic gets out of hand again like the other one i am going to have to lock it
glitch4

Post by glitch4 »

Like I said in previous post, I got banned in irc by no reasons. I think there's something wrong in it.
Dan

Post by Dan »

LitDude42 wrote:Like I said in previous post, I got banned in irc by no reasons. I think there's something wrong in it.
Please take that up with the IRC OPs
Bomber57

Post by Bomber57 »

I wasn't trying to stir trouble personally. If anything I just want this to calm down and things be normal.

Any chance I can be unbanned on the IRC?
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

Bomber57 wrote:I wasn't trying to stir trouble personally. If anything I just want this to calm down and things be normal.

sure you can talk to me directly about it on IRC my name is cat

(type /query cat if you don't know how to do that)
TNTtimelord
Info under raps

Post by TNTtimelord »

Rénà wrote:
thank you

to clarify some things:

Ok, that's fine
Rénà wrote: if you got banned, it was not for being an smbx member, but you messed up
I messed up? What did I mess up on?
Bartle wrote:nobody seems to realise we ban people from talkhaus for behaving like that too
Could you clarify as well?
Last edited by TNTtimelord 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Cup

Post by Cup »

Bomber57 wrote:I wasn't trying to stir trouble personally. If anything I just want this to calm down and things be normal.

Are you there to watch smbx raiding us for some reason or to watch harry potter with us?
glitch4

Post by glitch4 »

Dan wrote:
LitDude42 wrote:Like I said in previous post, I got banned in irc by no reasons. I think there's something wrong in it.
Please take that up with the IRC OPs
What do you mean?
Dan

Post by Dan »

TNTtimelord wrote:
Rénà wrote:
thank you

to clarify some things:

Ok, that's fine
Rénà wrote: if you got banned, it was not for being an smbx member, but you messed up
I messed up? What did I mess up on?
Bartle wrote:nobody seems to realise we ban people from talkhaus for behaving like that too
Could you clarify as well?
We are happy to answer all your questions. Please direct all further inquiries to the IRC OPs
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

the irc is a separate community from talkhaus and if your presence is disruptive there all rights are reserved

you can talk to me directly on irc if you want me to consider unbanning you
Dan

Post by Dan »

Hello, I'm Dan, a well-known member of the #talkhaus community, you might know me as Wareng over there.
leod
Be careful when including any personal details.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by leod »

Hello, I'm Harry Potter, a well-known member of the Wizards community, you might know me as the one who lived over there.
TNTtimelord
Info under raps

Post by TNTtimelord »

Cup wrote:

Are you there to watch smbx raiding us for some reason or to watch harry potter with us?
I guarantee you Bomber nor I was there to "raid" you, nor was Valtteri or Litdude, or The8bitmushroom. I'm sure all of us were wishing to be aware of the raiding that was going on between the users like Wind and Knux.
Rénà wrote:the irc is a separate community from talkhaus and if your presence is disruptive there all rights are reserved

you can talk to me directly on irc if you want me to consider unbanning you
There's going to be an issue with that if I can't get on the IRC channel to query you. (Please point out any facepalm worthy thing I'm missing)
ViolaCourtes

Post by ViolaCourtes »

Maybe we all just overacted a bit about this whole thing.
Signature
8bitmushroom
is a flair a dessert?
First name: Danny

Post by 8bitmushroom »

I'm risking this ban because I'd like to say something, not that I've already said some things. I'd appreciate it if you actually read this and not just jump the gun and act. Maybe we can come to some sort of agreement.

See this little thing?
We are affiliated with you. The attacks on the IRC, as far as I'm aware, are Knux's fault completely, nobody else is doing anything that should anger you as far as I'm aware. Then again I think Valtteri might be a problem, but honestly, when is he not?

Because we are affiliated officially, we should have the right to join this place without getting shat upon. It's very unwelcoming and it's making people skeptical of our affiliation in the first place. That's not good for both you and us.

Because we are affiliated with each other, we should coordinate and deal with this together. We are not acting aggressively (with the exception of Knux), though some of us (not me) are a little angered with what some people said in one particular thread, we have nothing against you. We do not wish to make you miserable.

As an affiliate, I feel the need that we should help you with any troubles that may conflict us, this being one that is quite notable. You are shutting out all new members from the SMBX community, one of your affiliates, because you are being threatened. I perfectly understand, but you need to loosen up a little bit.

We wish not to raid your chat. Some people only joined because hey, it's a chat, let there be speech! It's better than talking on a forums since chat is mostly direct, so that's a good thing. The only people you need to get rid of are ones that intentionally spam the shit out of the chat, example being Knux.

We're not a bad community (we do have a few bad eggs, but they've been warned in the past). I'm willing to lend a hand to any fellow affiliates whenever possible, but I can't do so if you shut us out.

You don't have to interpret this as aggression. I'm trying to be extremely friendly here. I apologize for any troubles I or any of the other users at the SMBX community have caused. Things can get quite troublesome, eh? :)
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

valtteri is already perm banned (before today)

you can query without being in a channel by the way, just type /query cat
Cup

Post by Cup »

TNT, dude you were present in the chat when the bots started coming in and WiseGuy1337 started spamming

(11:38:29 AM) WiseGuy1337: <Knux> Elsa, I think the people at Talkhaus are bullied IRL, or struggle to get laid, and therefor take their frustration out on people they probably couldn't make eye contact with in real life.

This was happening for like an hour with several different users. If an influx from ~20 regular users to 40 in about 10 minutes and people spamming "TALKHAUS IS STALIN" until the flood ban catches them isn't a raid, what would you call it?
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

literally the only thing that needs to stop is your users raiding us

if you are disruptive in IRC you will be banned, but it is completely separate from the forums
ViolaCourtes

Post by ViolaCourtes »

Guys isn't it strange how one single topic did encounter in this?
Like i said we all overacted a bit just maybe and i agree with timelord and his stuff.

Yeah it has been said a bunch of times we have a immature community but not all of us are like this.

Uh Cup TNT doesn't have anything to do with the bots.
Signature
Cup

Post by Cup »

I know that. I was saying he was there to see it
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

I j-just wanted to watch harry potter :(

devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

smbx users are not being discriminated against

anybody who is disruptive will be banned (from IRC) (and from the talkhaus, i shouldn't even have to be saying this)
Dan

Post by Dan »

GrätselBüchner wrote:Guys isn't it strange how one single topic did encounter in this?
Like i said we all overacted a bit just maybe and i agree with timelord and his stuff.

Yeah it has been said a bunch of times we have a immature community but not all of us are like this.

Uh Cup TNT doesn't have anything to do with the bots.
not all men SMBXers
leod
Be careful when including any personal details.

Post by leod »

8bitmushroom wrote:See this little thing?
Because we are affiliated officially, we should have the right to join this place without getting shat upon. It's very unwelcoming and it's making people skeptical of our affiliation in the first place. That's not good for both you and us.
Rénà wrote:on another note, keep in mind that the irc network irc.rena.so is separate from the forum, and a completely different community
emphasis
the irc users couldn't care less about forum affiliations.