(shouting)

Forum Suggestions

Have anything to suggest? A crazy video idea? New merchandise in mind? Write it down here - I'm not saying I'm going to listen, but I promise to pretend very hard.
Snakebite969
Absolutely No Step On Snek
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Forum Suggestions

Post by Snakebite969 »

Ningamer wrote:Not sure if this counts, but the 24h LDC and Make a creepy love story are long gone. They should be placed in the Old Contest section.
Make a Creepy Love Story went into the graveyard, as I remember
Poppo wrote:Poppo! Poppo! *clickety-clank* Po! Po! Po! *clickety-clank* Po? Po... Po... Po... Pogyaaaah!!
ImageImage
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

Well also MAGKLX to as that is over AND was released.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I think it's totally time to go back to that approved registration thing with all the bots that have been leaking into the board recently.
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Post by Clamestarebla »

How about you just auto-ban every new member with an ICQ thingy? The spam bots are literally the only ones that use those.
Train harder, run faster, be stronger, better, evolution never over.
sedron
im proud of you kid

Post by sedron »

I dunno if there's a better place to bring this up, so I guess it's going here?

On our profiles, there's a "type of genitals," checkbox. I understand that it's meant as a specification of gender. I just don't know what checking it or leaving it unchecked does.

It didn't appear to affect my profile either way. Meanwhile, it doesn't show up on a lot of other profiles, and when it does it's a blank field.

If this has to be a suggestion, I guess I'm suggesting that this be a more intuitive-to-use field, if not a regular input field.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

sedron wrote:I dunno if there's a better place to bring this up, so I guess it's going here?

On our profiles, there's a "type of genitals," checkbox. I understand that it's meant as a specification of gender. I just don't know what checking it or leaving it unchecked does.

It didn't appear to affect my profile either way. Meanwhile, it doesn't show up on a lot of other profiles, and when it does it's a blank field.

If this has to be a suggestion, I guess I'm suggesting that this be a more intuitive-to-use field, if not a regular input field.
It's a purposeful joke. It's not meant to be an actual thing.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

sedron wrote:I dunno if there's a better place to bring this up, so I guess it's going here?

It's obviously intended to be a yes or no question. "Do you have genitals, yes or no?" If checked then you do, otherwise you don't.

Listen to Bwarch, not me.

devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

our google overlords pay us a lot to determine if our users have genitals or not
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

For example, I have a spaceship down there rather than a set of genitals, and so I have mine clicked off. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
Alice

Post by Alice »

Bwarch wrote:For example, I have a spaceship down there rather than a set of genitals, and so I have mine clicked off. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
Sounds a lot easier to deal with than an entire alternate reality. It's really awkward explaining where all these disembodied heads are coming from.

Edit: I hope that doesn't go over anyone's head or that's going to sound really awful thinking about it, lol.
sedron
im proud of you kid

Post by sedron »

I get that it's a joke, but I don't understand how it works. Like, if I check it off, nothing appears on my profile, and likewise if it's unchecked. But for some users it's visible on their profiles?

Could it be a fill-out field? Like, if I looked at different people's profiles, it would say different things based on what they typed there.

Alice
Type of Genitals: Yes/Alternate Universe

Bwarch
Type of Genitals: Spaceship

Users could use it to say male, female or whatever serious stuff they want (not to imply spaceship genitals aren't serious business, mind you,) or they could fill the field with nonstandard answers. You know, let people get creative with their genitals.
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

while i appreciate the amount of thought you've put into it, it isn't a real profile field, lol
Alice

Post by Alice »

sedron wrote:You know, let people get creative with their genitals.
This is probably one of the most unintentionally hilarious things I've read on the talkhaus, lol.
sedron
im proud of you kid

Post by sedron »

Alice wrote:
sedron wrote:You know, let people get creative with their genitals.
This is probably one of the most unintentionally hilarious things I've read on the talkhaus, lol.
What makes you think I wasn't aware of how ridiculous that sounded? I worded it that way for a reason. =P
RenaBeach wrote:while i appreciate the amount of thought you've put into it, it isn't a real profile field, lol
Ah well, I tried.
Alice

Post by Alice »

Well it's still hilarious. Just ever so slightly less so.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

would it be possible to have nested spoilers for the purposes of multilayered spoilering?
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

This is

a way you could do nested spoilers sort of.

I get what you mean however.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Snakebite969
Absolutely No Step On Snek
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Snakebite969 »

The problem with that is that spambots could decide to make an infinite spoiler
Poppo wrote:Poppo! Poppo! *clickety-clank* Po! Po! Po! *clickety-clank* Po? Po... Po... Po... Pogyaaaah!!
ImageImage
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

that's not actually a problem but you can't nest custom bbcodes - just use ispoiler
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

RenaBeach wrote:that's not actually a problem but you can't nest custom bbcodes - just use ispoiler
ispoiler does not work with images. Also, one or two extra spoiler layers would have made large posts easier to manage:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14522&hilit=maglx#p196644.

I remember seeing something like it working on some other forums. They were probably using something different that might not work here.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

The description of this forum is a bit inaccurate. Since raocow video/LP suggestions would be in the request thread, the description should be edited.
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

I was messing around with Chrome's "show paint rectangles" debug option and I noticed that there are some seriously large paint rectangles on this site that are being redrawn every frame. I looked at my CPU usage and apparently having this site open (or at least some of its pages) uses 6% of my CPU whereas most sites use 1% or less.

Just something of note that you can decide whether it's a reasonable ask to fix.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

I have a feeling that the Ninja warning does not work anymore. I've been Ninja'd a lot lately.
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

i see it a lot but if u can reproduce it let me know
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

docopoper wrote:I was messing around with Chrome's "show paint rectangles" debug option and I noticed that there are some seriously large paint rectangles on this site that are being redrawn every frame. I looked at my CPU usage and apparently having this site open (or at least some of its pages) uses 6% of my CPU whereas most sites use 1% or less.

Just something of note that you can decide whether it's a reasonable ask to fix.
such as? there are no persistent ones for me - just as the page changes (e.g. videos, mouseover styles)