(shouting)

Forum Suggestions

Have anything to suggest? A crazy video idea? New merchandise in mind? Write it down here - I'm not saying I'm going to listen, but I promise to pretend very hard.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Re: Forum Suggestions

Post by Ashan »

Perfect! Thanks, Thissa!
Frozelar
Retired Screamer

Post by Frozelar »

I actually liked the r better, put it back......thanks thissa.......
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

t is better.

The new icon actually looks clearer too.
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

The T is the best and it doesn't look like a toenail like the r
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

New icon is lovely, and better than my old placeholder icon (catllama head, rao's avatar)
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Post by darkychao »

I just wish that I didn't have to be in HTTPS to see it
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:a medley is just, like, a mixture of medics
Check out my TF2 community workshop stuff:
Crust CrusherImage Crafty CutterImage PinheadImageThreadImage
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
Cloaytonem2

Post by Cloaytonem2 »

You don't.

You may have to clear your cache if you don't see it normally.
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Post by darkychao »

Cloaytonem2 wrote:You don't.

You may have to clear your cache if you don't see it normally.
I have several times, it just won't show up.
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
TRS

Post by TRS »

I couldn't even tell what the other thing was. This is much better.
kilon

Post by kilon »

Thanks Thissa!
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I'm so late on this, but I like the "t" button thing since this is one of the few sites in my bookmarks. Good work.
darkychao

Post by darkychao »

Would it be possible to auto-spoiler any embedded youtube videos (since it's already kinda a rule to spoiler them anyway) and/or shorten the bbcode from [youtube][/youtube] to [yt][/yt]
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

[yt] should work now. I'll think about the spoiler tags.
darkychao

Post by darkychao »

limepie20 wrote:[yt] should work now. I'll think about the spoiler tags.
Thank you, based limepie
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

darkychao wrote:Would it be possible to auto-spoiler any embedded youtube videos (since it's already kinda a rule to spoiler them anyway) and/or shorten the bbcode from [youtube][/youtube] to [yt][/yt]
Ah, keep in mind I set that rule in place for threads of embeds. Single embeds in a thread go swimmingly, it's when you have a whole bunch of embeds, like in a Let's Play thread or video thread, where things go wrong.

This would make things easier on the moderation side at the end of the day though.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Is there any chance of getting a version of the stylesheet for the site for high resolution monitors? There's two alternate stylesheets which look really awful but on the default one for the site over 2/3rds of my monitor is dark grey unused space. Normally not a massive deal but I have bad eyesight so on this monitor I have to zoom in on most sites to be able to read them without slouching forwards. (Which I keep doing lately and it's absolutely killing my neck and shoulders.)

Example screenshot.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

That looks awful. What's your resolution?
Alice

Post by Alice »

2560x1440 for my main monitor.
darkychao

Post by darkychao »

Alice wrote:Is there any chance of getting a version of the stylesheet for the site for high resolution monitors? There's two alternate stylesheets which look really awful but on the default one for the site over 2/3rds of my monitor is dark grey unused space. Normally not a massive deal but I have bad eyesight so on this monitor I have to zoom in on most sites to be able to read them without slouching forwards. (Which I keep doing lately and it's absolutely killing my neck and shoulders.)

Example screenshot.
Are you sure is your zoom 100%?
Alice

Post by Alice »

I never said it was 100% zoom. I said I have to zoom in on most sites because I have really bad eyesight. That level of zoom is ctrl+mousewheel up x4-5 on Firefox. The entire point of my post is that at this resolution the site has an absurd amount of wasted space and looks pretty awful when zoomed in since the stylesheet doesn't get any wider when you zoom.
darkychao

Post by darkychao »

Alice wrote:I never said it was 100% zoom. I said I have to zoom in on most sites because I have really bad eyesight. That level of zoom is ctrl+mousewheel up x4-5 on Firefox. The entire point of my post is that at this resolution the site has an absurd amount of wasted space and looks pretty awful when zoomed in since the stylesheet doesn't get any wider when you zoom.
Do you have "Zoom Text Only" turned on, that would probably be cause of your problem problem.
Alice

Post by Alice »

I do have that enabled. I didn't realize that would affect stylesheets actually. I thought it only affected images. Thanks for the suggestion, that's much better.
onpon4
Sharing is good.
First name: Julie

Post by onpon4 »

Would it be possible to add an RSS or Atom feed for forum posts? See MFGG's forum (specifically, this feed) for an example. I find following forums with a feed reader to be much more convenient than checking manually.
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

I always browse with this but I'm happy to set up RSS feeds too when i get the chance
darkychao

Post by darkychao »

onpon4 wrote:Would it be possible to add an RSS or Atom feed for forum posts? See MFGG's forum (specifically, this feed) for an example. I find following forums with a feed reader to be much more convenient than checking manually.
Rena wrote:I always browse with this but I'm happy to set up RSS feeds too when i get the chance
Or you could Egosearch it's pretty good unless you care about threads you haven't posted in, then you can use Unread Posts.
I used to use Active Topics but since the talkhastophe it doesn't have any pre-talkhaustrophe threads show up.