(shouting)

ASMT v2.0

wanna make a game, or anything else? seminal bloom!
AxemJinx

Re: ASMT v2.0

Post by AxemJinx »

Oh hey, thanks for the feedback :b

Regarding the beachy feeling: The thing about the original version was that the hills reached pretty high and there was barely any water at all, and those are the two things I'm trying to address in the landscaping here- i.e. there's more water and the main route stays low. That said, I don't think cave systems and high places are incompatible with the setting- think about Dear Esther's layout, for instance. It's just that I want there to be an even mix of everything, I suppose. The second half of the level will probably be more open overall, and may end up with a lot of water near the goal, to segue into the next level. As in, you start at the interior of the island but gradually move toward the waterline.

I'm thinking of having more than five yoshi coins in this one, so taking a straightforward route won't punish you but finding ways to climb the landmasses will potentially reward you with extra lives. I understand what you're saying about overwhelming players in the first stage, but I guess what I'm trying to do is give them an incentive to come back and explore if they miss anything the first time around.

As for that jump, maybe I'll add a coin block to give players a less annoying alternative if they keep on getting stuck on the slope.

Anyway, this will help me decide how to design the second half, so thanks again.
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

By "remodeling" I took it to mean "improve the shitty parts of the game" instead of "make decent levels loosely based on the old ones"

It is better though
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

I've got some suggestions!
-Put a second midpoint before the boss in Honeypot Trap
-Split up Charlie's Castle into two levels. Put midpoints in between the room selectors in the first level and put another before Lord Charlie himself. Alternatively, the same can be done with four midpoints
-World 5 Castle needs a second half power up or two. Better yet, a midpoint before the boss
-Something needs to be done about HELP *PAW*

If I used my brain harder I could think of more!
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

aterraformer wrote:I-Something needs to be done about HELP *PAW*
That level is beyond being easily repaired and should really just be nuked from the game.

Shouldn't be an issue anyway since, iirc, world 6 had substantially more levels than world 5.
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

If it helps theres a ton of minor shit I didnt mention when I replayed his game that I could go back and mention. You know, if this shit was actually going to be fixed.

Also an echoing call is cool just remove the second half completely
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
How

Post by How »

Argumentable wrote:Also an echoing call is cool just remove the second half completely
I know I am a complete stranger but please allow me to humbly agree with Argumentable's opinion here.

Also, this whole thing is a great idea, because ASMT turned out pretty nice, and polishing it up like a diamond would be worth it.
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

alex2 wrote:ASMT turned out good? When did this happen?
Uhm...
When raocow liked it? :P (not my answer, i am just trying to get into his head)
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

alex2 wrote:He had to like it because he would hurt everyone's feelings if he so much as made a single critique about it.
Is that right? :lol: I'm glad he doesn't feel that way about the Jams. (re: the only time he's played my stuff)
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
How

Post by How »

AUS wrote:
alex2 wrote:ASMT turned out good? When did this happen?
Uhm...
When raocow liked it? :P (not my answer, i am just trying to get into his head)
I saw somebody recommend it so I tried it out. I appreciated it big time. This is after I had played about two dozen SMW hacks and was burnt out for the most part. I also didn't know who raocow was at the time. "raocowology" or whatever it was made me pretty curious though.

I think I have seen other people name it as a top SMW hack too.

But maybe this "ASMT isn't good" is just an inside joke among you guys and my post is pointless.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by yoshicookiezeus »

So it's kind of been a while, but raocow playing through what was finished of A2MT has made me want to pick this thing up again. This time, unlike last time, I've actually managed to get started! I'm fairly certain I've found the last version of the big patch amalgamation we used, which was my main worry resource-wise. My first order of business now is updating things to work with more recent tools; I'm currently working on converting all patches to asar format (because seriously, screw having to manually find freespace every single time you want to reinsert a patch). And a big thanks to Wyatt for converting the music to work with Addmusic 4.05 (which means it should work with AddmusicK as well - hooray for backwards compability!), and for still having the files around two and a half years later. :V

And speaking of Addmusic: one of my main worries, that of updating our various music-related ASM, seems to have been completely unfounded. A quick readthrough of the AddmusicK manual shows that uploading any song is now as simple as storing its number to the "song currently playing" RAM address, and the uploading of the song and any samples it might need is done automatically.

Anyway, since the main part of this is going to be improving the levels, any and all (constructive) criticism of them is still very much appreciated. And if anyone wants to try their hand at improving a level themselves, feel free to do so!
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

To be honest, I'd hope this would get done, as I'd like to lp this game eventually... but a certain extremely long and unforgiving final gauntlet (with a certain man wearing a royal headpiece and red cape) before the last world keeps me from doing so.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

Edit: Snip
Last edited by Septentrion Pleiades 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

Post by yoshicookiezeus »

Septentrion Pleiades wrote:
I need a P - possibly add helpful secrets.
Something to do with Layer 2 = Springboard outline, more powerups
Skyway to Wonderland - Replace deadweight bros
Time will hide your way - better name, more generous platforms, less random munchers
Gray switch area - Safety net at the end
? switch area - I don't think there were problems with this one.
This is for ASMT, not A2MT. :V
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

alex2 wrote:send an ASMT cart to raocow
Yeah, that'd be pretty great! If it was more doable and such I would buy that
pholtos wrote:a certain extremely long and unforgiving final gauntlet...keeps me from doing so.
I know that feel, but I also know dumbness
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
WitherSnow

Post by WitherSnow »

You guys should go for it. Who makes the final decisions?
Mabel
Just west of wierd
https://marbels.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mabel »

l0l.
Image Image
WitherSnow

Post by WitherSnow »

alex2 wrote:
WitherSnow wrote:You guys should go for it. Who makes the final decisions?
hush you
How bout no.!
WitherSnow

Post by WitherSnow »

I like the idea behind it but i don't think i can contribute much.
O-Card
what are you doing here
Pronouns: he/el

Post by O-Card »

can I just add that I love this guy and his commitment to the project
talkhaus: the singening
you must sing
MAFIA
yo yo yo play the game
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

WitherSnow wrote:I like the idea behind it but i don't think i can contribute much.
and yet you were all gung ho to revive a2mt, run a3mt, and cure world hunger

gg
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota

Post by raekuul »

Mom, dad, please stop fighting.
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

- remove hand from first VR room
- remove reset doors and blocks from first VR room
- redesign middle part of first VR room
- make "close" blocks in first VR room teleport Demo to empty room without floor instead of instantly killing her?
- remove score tiles in first VR room
- fix ghosts in first VR room animating while sprites are frozen

The Windows XP room. Can you put the hand back? The point of the hand was that it was supposed to not let you pass unless you collect all of the cookies in the level, and you were supposed to be set to 0 cookies.

That's also the point of the reset doors.

http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&a=details&id=3863
^ That's the custom block for the hand.

The message(s) the block was supposed to play... I suppose got lost?

Also I think Demo's exgfx were broken in ASMT.

This video shows the exgfx and how the "puzzle" was intended to be solved. (Of how to get all the coins).
http://youtu.be/czeK2gqOCZc

Edit: It also has the message the block plays

Also the Big Blue Boss Bass is supposed to be blue. What do you mean by fixing the palette?

Also go ahead and rename "House of Turner" to "House of Turnblocks" because it'll sound less stupid.
Trouble with a capital COW.

<math>\tan{A}\sin{N}</math>
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Chdata wrote: Also go ahead and rename "House of Turner" to "House of Turnblocks" because it'll sound less stupid.
wait is that what the level name meant all along..?
I thought it just refered to... this guy I didn't know. called Turner.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

Just a question: is this an ASMT remake ala Asmwcp 1.5 with new levels and junk or just a update that fixes bugs?