(shouting)

koba the lion sometimes does things with super mria worlf (+ more prog bullshit???)

wanna make a game, or anything else? seminal bloom!
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

koba the lion sometimes does things with super mria worlf (+ more prog bullshit???)

Post by KobaBeach »

like your everyday 22 year old adult i sometimes get bored
What do I do? Sometimes I draw, Sometimes I play video games, Sometimes I program?????????

I might add high level programming stuff here when I get better at those too but for now I might as well just make a thread for my exploits in SNES shitposting. I mostly study by reading code directly and recreating programs for the more complex stuff (or comment-less :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:). It's still tough though.

Everything's been tested in bsnes-plus and made with PIXI in mind, but let me know if anything's acting up on your end.
I have a PAL SNES somewhere but no flashcart. Sorry.

65c816 Assembly:
Super Mario Bros. 3 Burners: Download
Based on code by 2ch anon (Air ship from VIP5 author).
Reprogrammed by lion.
Special thanks to This Eye o' Mine for advice on pointer table/jump table executing.
Special thanks x2 to Roy and his Tap-Tap the Red Nosed sprite for serving as a learning tool to learn how to custom hitboxes.

Uses vanilla palette.
Brutal Mario-style MM2 Leaf Shield remake: Download
Original code by carol.
Near complete rewriting by lion.
Special thanks to This Eye o' Mine, Super Maks 64 and Alcaro for minor assistance orz
Uses vanilla palette.

Considering converting this to Cluster Sprite in the future. It's currently four tiles set at different offsets.
Current Project:
Studying how Layer 2 bosses work (see: the larger Brutal Mario bosses). Nothing much is done. Sticking the Layer 2 and the control sprite together so they move as one is done, so is an attempt at a hitbox, but I'm not satisfied. I might try to remake carol's MM7 Wily boss to study further.

I kinda wonder if this isn't becoming old hat with stuff like 112x112 dynamic sprites slowly becoming a thing you can do nowadays but it can still be helpful for when you don't want to use Dynamic Z for some reason.

Sephiroth was chosen as a joke lol + I like FF7 loooool

---------------------------------

North and South Polarity Blocks (from VIP5, by :P:P:P). The sticky block and bumper block are both made, but the map16 flipping, graphics and ON/OFF integration is not. I consider custom blocks less important for myself, so sorry for not finishing this sooner.
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Super Maks 64
Just your usual SMW hacker
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: koba the lion sometimes does things with super mria worlf (+ more prog bullshit???)

Post by Super Maks 64 »

I'm interested in seeing what the final result of your current project will be.
Also thumbs up on the stuff you've already made.
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Re: koba the lion sometimes does things with super mria worlf (+ more prog bullshit???)

Post by KobaBeach »

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They're really nothing special but, tysm <3 <3 <3
It means a lot to me.

Edit: Actually thinking of amending the spawn cooldown for the leaf shield so it only spawns when none are in frame instead of waiting on a timer. Though I wonder if that wouldn't make it clunkier to use...
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*