After much consideration, I have finally gotten around to actually making a forum thread over here for TSRP-X. It's kinda a long story actually and it's been four years since that fateful day I emailed FPI (two of which admittedly was spent in hiatus) and got his permission and blessing to work on this ambitious project and with it the origins of my team, Team Antipode. As it stands
After much discussions amongst the team and an Email to FPI, we at Team Antipode have decided to rework the plot of The Second Reality Project X to involve a new main Villain, One that will be revealed later. But this is still an inter-quel between the first and second game.
It was a calm and quiet evening, Luigi had long since went to bed and Toad was staying over at Luigi's for the night due to him accidentally losing the key to his own house. At midnight a dimensional rift opened, with Zycloboo appearing out of the rift.
"it is quite unfortunate that I cannot simply send Mario over to the Second Reality yet, it would be too soon for my plans." The cyclopian boo commented to himself "but I still need someone to deal with a certain annoyance. Ah, these two will do." as he noticed Luigi's Cabin and the two souls resting there.
With that Zycloboo cast his Inter-Dimensional magic on Luigi's Cabin and send it to the Second Reality, where our story begins...
- FireSeraphim (Project Leader, Level Designer, and Spriter)
- Wind (Project Co-Leader, Level Designer, LUA Coder)
- NEW! StrikerForcer the Dark Warrior(Spriter and Level Designer)
- SilverDeoyxs (Spriter)
- Valtteri (Spriter, Level Designer)
- Zipper (LUA Coder)
- Darkonius (Level Designer)
As of this time, we are currently recruiting and looking for any talented individuals who would like to participate in this project. We find ourselves currently needing new Level designers, Beta testers, Musicans, Spriters, and Lua Coders. We do however have certains standards that we require out of all potential applicants in each category. All potential applicants are encouraged to reply to this thread, link a prior example of their past work and answer the questions related to the spot they want to fill out. Starting with....
- Do you have any prior level design experience and if so, in what programs? (examples: Lunar Magic, SMBX, Etc.)
- Do you have any prior examples of your works that we can take a look at? This is solely so we can asses your skill in level design. (Videos of your own previous creations are allowed)
- Do you have any prior skill and familiarity with both SMBX and/or SMW Hacks in general?
- Do you have enough free time for testing our levels?
- Do you have any prior musical composing skill? Ideally we want people who have prior experience making custom music/spcs for SMW or people who can make convincing SMW hack-ish sounding music using samples and/or Instruments from Super Mario World in music composing software
- Do you have any spriting skill and if so, can we see an example of your spritework?
- Do you have any programming skill and if so, can we see an example of your previous works? There are certain things in our project that will inevitably require Lua programming, such as level gimmicks, gameplay elements, bosses, etc.
W1: Forest of Beginnings
W2: Emerald Plains
W3: Cinnamon Coast
W4: Antipode Caves
W5: Cosair Canyon
W6: Moonbeam Plateau
W7: Abandoned Second Reality Base
W8: Deep Space
W(SR): Super Sonic Speedway (Sonic CD levels)