(shouting)

100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition >> Fired Up For Battle (Nightmare Room 89 Boss Showoff)

wanna make a game, or anything else? seminal bloom!
Daizo

100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition >> Fired Up For Battle (Nightmare Room 89 Boss Showoff)

Post by Daizo »

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition is the third and final update to the original game featuring several fixes, multiple unlockable playable characters, the ability to have Arcade and Do or Die in the same rom, and a brand new mode known as "Nightmare". The Nightmare Edition features new Short Cut rooms in Arcade mode, a new time attack feature in Do or Die, and a new set of remixed rooms that are harder than the original 100. Oh how hard? Well...

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mind the "CREDITS:", this is sort of an older build.

...it's definitely a step up. Because of how hard it actually is, we decided to hold back the "one hit KO" difficulty we originally wanted to do for Nightmare for a more fair experience. It's essentially Arcade Hard Mode, making all the rooms a step up from their originals. The reason we throw the term "remixed" is because these are essentially harder versions of the rooms. And yes, we plan on having the bosses be harder too. We hope to see many of you get as high as you can in the new Nightmare Mode.

Oh yeah we said there are multiple characters... we're not planning on revealing many of them at the moment, but we can give a bit of a teaser image with permission from the great rao himself!
ImageImageImage
Now you can collect vegetables! Oh, and there's Demo too... uh.

If you want to see the old Teaser Trailer (with info that's kinda outdated), watch it here!:

Aaaand the 5 themes coming to The Nightmare Edition:

That's all the important things for this opening post. We'll keep y'all updated with progress, while at the same time giving hints as to what's to come. But yeah, this is Daizo Dee Von, and it's never a good bye, it's always a "see you later"!

To Do List:
-Tweak Soundtrack
-Get modes working properly
-Polish all cutoff (and keep palettes the same for SMW feels)
-Start on Remixed Bosses.
-Get next trailer ready.
-more???

NEXT POST HINT: cousins reunited!
Last edited by Daizo 1 year ago, edited 25 times in total.

My YouTube channel - P-Switch... - 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition
Links above if you want to check 'em out... or not, since these are overlooked.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition

Post by raocow »

there's so much subtle work put into this game, it's pretty incredible
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Daizo

Post by Daizo »

@raocow: Thanks raocow, we have a lot of plans to put even the most tiny details into the project.

So for those who were wondering who this "robot from another world" was, and for those paying attention to the trailers... well, you probably were noticing a certain fellow who was recently been rejected from

Smash Ultimate

also did not make an appearance here either. Don't worry, this fellow is plotting his revenge...
...from another world.
Possible trolling aside, we have some neato updates:
Image Image
Here is the new Title Screen in all it's glory, which replaces a few off things about the original. Also we have introduced the "timed falling platform", which appears sometimes in Nightmare Mode when Mario faces against pits in a "quick react" manor. However, because the normal falling platform is waaayy too quick, Mellonpizza decided to code this little sprite. I ended up getting more inspiration to create rooms based on it afterwards. It's all in good fun!

Speaking of subtle work, we also want to preview that happens when you enter each mode's "beginning hub area":
Image Image Image
Again, mind the "CREDITS:" here.

Depending on how high the difficulty is, the more depressing the environment will be for this one screen. It's almost like you're getting closer to a living nightmare! :twisted: But you know, definitely something neat. The three hub areas also have their own dedicated song attached to them, one of which was revealed in the "Five Themes coming to 100 Rooms of Enemies" video.

Well that's about it. We hope to continue revealing small updates from time to time. Also cross your fingers that because of this thread's existence, we won't cancel it after 2 years. I know too many threads that do that sometimes. :?

NEXT POST HINT: We like trailers.

Daizo

Post by Daizo »

Alright confession: we've been working very hard behind the scenes, but we're not ready to show off any of it due to it spoiling more important surprises. So instead I wanted to post about small detail stuff again just to show that we're still working hard on the project. (It also doesn't help that we're also working on a "side" project. A certain orange koopa would be proud.)

So the minor update is... actually, here's a test: see if you notice anything in particular with these two screens:
Image Image

Give up? Here's a hint:
Image Image

That's right, we're not only adding in new content, but we're also fixing all minor cutoff that has appeared in the previous updates. We do believe in retaining the original feel of the game, but even the original modes have a few rough edges. So we both decided, hey! we're going to polish everything up to make it more awesome. Because of the rough edges, we decided we'd also cut a couple rooms from the original 100 Rooms of Enemies to provide a better experience: Room 52 will be in Nightmare, and Room 78 will be scrapped. That's all I will confirm with rooms for now.

I'm afraid that's it for now. Also as I was editing this I noticed all the new emotes were popping up so... get hyped for Demo being in the game I guess! :demo:

Daizo

Post by Daizo »

K-16 from Sicari Remastered is an unlockable character in 100 Rooms of Enemies!

Features about her:
-She has permanent lasers, and is chargeable with the fire flower.
-She has a healthbar, with 60 HP to start. Each hit costs 20 Damage.
-She can walljump
-She can't run, but her walking speed is faster than the other characters. (She automatically runs up triangle blocks)
-Retains her physics from Sicari Remastered for underwater levels.
-Her cape physics are in tact from Sicari Remastered, with her fox tail and SMB3 physics. Yes, Mario's cape still works as normal.
-Various songs from the Sicari series (Sicari, K-16 Story of Steel, Sicari Remastered, and Sicari 2: Brink of Time) will play using her.

There are some differences between her in Sicari Remastered and 100 Rooms of Enemies:
-Because Yoshi and the Triangle Blocks are used, she will be able to interact with both.
-She shoots 2 lasers instead of 3, but will shoot 3 with the fireball ability (this is present in Sicari 2: Brink of Time)

I will post screenshots when my internet is fully up, but for now enjoy the (somewhat trollish) trailer.

Daizo

Re: 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition >> K-16 Joins the Battle!

Post by Daizo »

Been a while, and we're still working hard at the game especially for the upcoming C3 on Super Mario World Central. Since it has been a long while, I decided to be nice and show off some of the rooms you can expect to see in Nightmare Mode!

Juzcook recently made a stream of himself playing an exclusive demo of Nightmare Mode as well, showing off Rooms 01-48! Keep in mind some rooms are outdated since this is an earlier build of the ROM, but regardless it's still there!

...like this one:
The new Nightmare Room 10 has you facing 3 high bouncing winged green koopas hitting their heads on the ceiling! Ouch! Let's hope they successfully squash Mario! :kood: (probably not.)

Expect a number of rooms using "numbered falling platforms" where you must be quick on your feet!

The production of this image has seen an increase of difficulty. Perhaps I should help destiny partake in certain activities.

The sky's the limit with this one. Don't fall!

Aaaand yeah I won't spoil much else. A much bigger update will come in the next month or so! In the mean time, hopefully you like the sneak tease here. If I was greedy, me and Mellon would've released it already in a buggy state... but let's just say we care :mrgreen:

NEXT TIME: a Mellonpizza post maybe.

Daizo

Re: 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition >> Wario Dashes In!

Post by Daizo »

While not a Mellonpizza post in the slightest, he did make an appearence in our TEAM NIGHTMARE DIRECT talking about the latest news of 100 Rooms of Enemies and everything else.

But that's probably what you guys aren't here for right? You want to see this!

(The direct shows off more news of 100 Rooms of Enemies in general with full detail provided by Mellonpizza)

Image Image Image
Wario takes the credit in 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition as the next confirmed character in it's massive roster of fighters... wait this isn't Smash Bros. With him, you will be able to dash into enemies to either instantly kill them or take a chunk of health off of 'em! As a sacrifice, he has the lowest jump of all the cast so far, making the game considerably harder in some areas!

More information can also be found in the TEAM NIGHTMARE DIRECT C3 Thread!

Daizo

Re: 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition >> Demo Needs your Help!

Post by Daizo »

Just some transparency technobabble wall-of-text here just to update on how the 100 Rooms of Enemies project is doing.

Things are going smoother then it has been in the last few years. Ever since we released that direct, Mellonpizza has been developing the baserom for both our uses as well as the upcoming 100 Rooms of Enemies contest. We are actually thinking of providing a nice meaty demo considering how long we've been developing for (The original was released in 2014, 2015 was the rerelease, and 2016 we started on this update... it's been a while for sure). What to expect from this contest baserom/100 Rooms demo will be:

>All 100 of the original rooms present working in Arcade Mode and Do or Die Mode
>Nightmare Mode will feature the first 49 Rooms (maybe 50 if we can get one of the bosses finished)
>Mario, Luigi, Demo, K-16, and Wario will be available to try out.
>Level0B0 will be the baserom level you will use to work on your entry. (Not "Zero Eighty", "Zero 'B' Zero")

Currently we are working on the title screen as we plan on overhauling the current build, we are using in favor of a new one. Because of Krack The Hack, we now have a good grasp on how we can work together to create the ultimate 100 Rooms of Enemies experience. The "Multiple Character Patch" we've developed for the game is basically finished, and all 5 of the characters are almost finalized (we're just talking with Eevee about how to handle K-16's code, as he wants us to use her graphics from Sicari 2).

That's not all though. I have been holding back on asking this for a while, but we truly want Demo to be represented well as if it were really her in the game. The soundtrack for her so far consists of many songs from ASMT and some songs from games raocow has played, but I wanted to ask publicly if there are any songs that you want us to use that would represent her. We've attempted to try getting "Demo's Lullaby" from A2MT into the game as a credits theme, but we haven't exactly got official word from the original composer to use it (We don't blame him since we're not well known, and so it will not appear until he gives us the go-ahead). But if there are other songs you feel are missing from the list provided in the "Team Nightmare Direct", let us know. If you are a composer who has created songs for A2MT and are okay with us using your track for this project, also let us know.

One more thing to confirm with Demo is we are allowed to use all assets from raocow's "What The Hell" hack, so various enemies might see some unexpected makeovers...

CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

for me, there's one very specific a2mt/a2xt track i can't bear to see any asmt spinoffs not including

someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
Daizo

Post by Daizo »

Yeah that's... from A2MT. As heart breaking as it is, if I'm unable to get "Demo's Lullaby" from the same composer, there's a very low chance I'll be able to get this too. Sorry. :|

CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

sorry, i didn't catch that's what the paragraph on A2MT was getting at. i also didn't know who the original composer for the lullaby was, so i didn't put two and two together
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

Daizo wrote: things
wyatt's in the discordhaus if you need him actually, dude with the anime pug avatar
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Daizo

Post by Daizo »

KobaBeach wrote: 4 years ago
Daizo wrote: things
wyatt's in the discordhaus if you need him actually, dude with the anime pug avatar
We're actually talking now, but thank you anyway. I won't confirm or deny anything about his songs however.

Daizo

Re: 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition >> Demo has more music! K-16 changed!

Post by Daizo »

Hey, thought I'd post again since it's been a bit. So the Demo situation has been successful, Wyatt provided us special permission to use his tracks in 100 Rooms of Enemies! He was honored that I asked him, so that means Demo representation is a lot more higher than it was before. So that's good! But due to this fact, I want to keep what songs I selected a secret since I feel it's all super special.

General progress for other unannounced characters is also looking very good, and so is the progress of the demo. Some things in the demo will have to be left out so we can get it out (stuff like exclusive soundtracks and said secret characters), but almost all the tracks are set and ready to go. While we have gotten some great progress in for the past month, we ask that y'all remain patient as there's still stuff we would like to implement before the baserom/demo release is finished. But trust me, it'll be worth it!

Once the demo is out, we'll be taking a small break to get another project done.

Oh, and also K-16 might've had a small change.

By request of Eevee, K-16 is now geared up with her look from Sicari 2 - The Brink of Time, along with her 5-frame walking animation included! And yes, this is separate from the other characters, whom normally has the default animations. Stay tuned for more information.
:demo:

e: also upon request of Eevee, I linked his thread instead of his demo due to the demo being outdated. the things i do

PlatformKing72
wtf is a touhou anyway

Re: 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition >> Demo has more music! K-16 changed!

Post by PlatformKing72 »

Boi you can't just leave Luigi out like Nintendo in Mario Kart Tour! I could imagine him playing like he did in the GBA SMW port! (higher fluttery jumps, more slippery to control, flys slightly higher and ascends slightly higher when doing that weird cape maneuver that keeps you in the air) I also hope Sicari, Boon and Krack are playable too!
Daizo

Post by Daizo »

PlatformKing72 wrote: 4 years ago Boi you can't just leave Luigi out like Nintendo in Mario Kart Tour!
Don't worry, he's there. :D More info on how he plays here.
PlatformKing72 wrote:I also hope Sicari, Boon and Krack are playable too!
I won't confirm nor deny their inclusion, but I'm flattered you mentioned Krack.

Daizo

Re: 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition >> Advent Calenders, woot!

Post by Daizo »

I started on an official 100 Rooms of Enemies Advent Calender to show off the OST for all the various characters. However, since not all the characters have been revealed yet, I decided to refer to them all as their character ID instead. This will be uploaded daily (I hope!) for the rest of December! Merry Christmas!

...Oh yeah, other news the demo/contest baserom is in good progress.
We hired a bunch of testers and they will be testing the first build shortly. :rao:

Daizo

Post by Daizo »

CrappyBlueLuigi wrote: 4 years ago for me, there's one very specific a2mt/a2xt track i can't bear to see any asmt spinoffs not including

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rk9-46EDbo
Wish granted!

Day 10 peeps :demo:

Daizo

Re: 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition >> WHOA A 24ADE SONG REVEAL?!

Post by Daizo »

view after watching video above

Merry Christmas, talkhaus! :rao:

Daizo

Re: 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition >> Small update

Post by Daizo »

Hello! An update, as promised.

As of now, nothing super big has been happening besides a lot of char_ID:7 tracks being worked on as well as Wario's soundtrack. We've also been working on char_ID:5's soundtrack as well, but if you guys wanna help out we are looking for porters to port some of the final songs required for both the main game and the characters.

I can't see the contest being released this month with where we're at, especially since we've been both on burnout. There isn't a moment where I'm not thinking about 100 Rooms of Enemies, and I want this to be the best version of the game. On Twitter I've been sharing a bit of dev stuff that has happened during development, including a funny Luigi related post that got a few good reactions out of it.

The biggest thing we've talked about is possibly releasing a v2.5.0. version with all 5 of the announced characters, but not the full Nightmare Mode experience. This would be an expanded version of the plans we had for the demo. That will mean the contest will not be released at the same time as v2.5.0, but you finally get a fixed version of the original 100 Rooms of Enemies with the convinience of having 2 modes on the same rom. This will not be called "The Nightmare Edition", but I don't think it should just be "100 Rooms of Enemies" alone either so I'm thinking of a name for it.

:mgmnds: I know, all talk and no action, so take all this with a grain of salt.

---

TL:DR - Soundtrack is being worked on, burnout, I have stuff on twitter, and v2.5.0. release instead of a demo not titled "The Nightmare Edition".

Daizo

Re: 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition >> Very Important Person & Golden Big Boo Boss

Post by Daizo »

I've returned after recovering my account (lost my password so I just reset it).

Anyway so me and Mellonpizza hosted another direct and we've revealed a couple of big things we are excited to show off.

First off...a very important person!

Boon from the "VIP & WALL & ALASKA Mix" series makes his debut appearance in our mega crossover! Despite him being a reskin of Mario, he will have his own soundtrack as well as a few room reskins akin to the VIPs (when the game releases, see which ones you might recognize!).

For those who are skeptical about his inclusion, we've got approval by one of the guys who worked on the early VIP games (proof and proof). These japanese messages I sent were translated by a known talkhaus person around here: "This Eye o' Mine". You'll see more of his influence around here by the time the game releases!
We have also introduced a prototype of the Nightmare Room 69 boss coded by me, "Golden Big Boo" (starring :demo: ).

His battle takes inspiration from the King Zing fight from DKC2 where he's first massive, and every hit he adds a new thing to dodge (DKC2 is mainly speed, ours instead adds a boo laser). Once he's hit 3 times, he will shrink and start his second phase where now he will throw various fire attacks. Now since this is a prototype, Mellonpizza will tweak the boss to make the fight a lot more interesting, but I wanted to sort of push an idea out and this is what I came up with. Get ready for when the other "Nightmare" Bosses arrive...

And that's it. For more info, probably check out the direct. Anyway, this is Daizo Dee Von of "Team Nightmare", and we will meet again.

Daizo

Re: 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition >> It's done. (A Final Goodbye)

Post by Daizo »

100 Rooms of Enemies is finished.

[Download]

Good bye, _____.
Yes this is an april fools prank. Why have multiple characters when you can have NO characters?

Daizo

Re: 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition >> Chuckles of Fun! (Nightmare Room 19 Boss Showoff!)

Post by Daizo »

Hi, so I haven't posted here in 8 months, figured it's time to show off a brand new boss I specifically coded! Some kinks are still present for some characters fighting the boss, but all n' all is in a state where it can be shown off!

KING CHUCKLES BRINGS IN THE NIGHTMARES!

And if you play as :demo:, a returning foe from the very beginning of ASMT shows up!

Daizo

Re: 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition >> Fired Up For Battle (Nightmare Room 89 Boss Showoff)

Post by Daizo »

Hi, so I haven't posted here in
6 months
, figured it's time to show off a brand new boss I specifically coded! Some kinks are still present for some characters fighting the boss, but all n' all is in a state where it can be shown off!
but this time it's one from near the end of the game.

Screenshots:
Image Image Image

So this boss is more or less based off my own "Natsu Thwomps" I released on C3, but this time applied to the Thwomp Boss (second version). It also includes all the improvements mellonpizza added (bomb detection mainly), and has a changed amount of wall slams so it's quicker than the "100th Room" version from Arcade/Do or Die mode.