(shouting)

What we can finish with Lost Levels

wanna make a game, or anything else? seminal bloom!
ano0maly
Discord User

What we can finish with Lost Levels

Post by ano0maly »

I still firmly believe we can revive and finish Magl X : the Lost Levels. So what's left... or what's most importaint?:

Final boss
OW music
Final levels
Postgame
Bosses. (May be included in separate episode.
I know a few people have levels that are reserved but i don't know what to do with them.
Import it to SMBX 2.0
Is there any more things left?

I think we can do this. Unless people just wanna move on to SDS2.
Zygl

Re: What we can finish with Lost Levels

Post by Zygl »

i like how this is literally your only post at all related to lost levels

e: and it's not even in its subforum
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

I just feel kind of sad.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

None of the SMBX projects are going to be finished

Such is life
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023
Pronouns: she/her

Post by snoruntpyro »

I remember all the classic overworld themes that were composed specifically for maglxs and we totally should continue that trend for lost levels. Wait
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Mata Hari wrote:None of the SMBX projects are going to be finished

Such is life
Love the enthusiasm guys. Keep it up1
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Pyro wrote:I remember all the classic overworld themes that were composed specifically for maglxs and we totally should continue that trend for lost levels. Wait
I still kinda wanna see the overworld themes but i understand not everything can or will get done.
I kinda wanna move on to SDS2 but maybe a smaller project would be nice.

It shouldn't be too bad to insert Ow music. we could make it so when you go to a different part the music changes even in the Ow.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Mata Hari wrote:None of the SMBX projects are going to be finished

Such is life
What are you odds of finishing for all of the collabs?
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

see guys the joke is ano's just copypasting from this thread here.

because it was so good and funny the first time right?

we all voted it worst thread 2014 as a joke right?

we all voted the dude who made it as worst poster 2014 as a joke too right?

...r-right?
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

SAJewers wrote:What are you odds of finishing for all of the collabs?
Not high at all but highER now it appears you still have some interest. You having historically done most of the work afaik.
Zyglrox Odyssey wrote:see guys the joke is ano's just copypasting from this thread here.

because it was so good and funny the first time right?

we all voted it worst thread 2014 as a joke right?

we all voted the dude who made it as worst poster 2014 as a joke too right?

...r-right?
I've said it before and I'll say it again: y'alls can be some pricks sometimes.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Mata Hari wrote:
SAJewers wrote:What are you odds of finishing for all of the collabs?
Not high at all but highER now it appears you still have some interest. You having historically done most of the work afaik.
For A2XT? I actually don't have much interest in that right now at all. Plus that thing is left in rockythachao's hands, and i'm planning on staying away and letting him do what he wants with it. It's basically his project now.

For this, Maybe I could help out, but I"m kinda burnt out on SMBX and don't have much interest in doing anything SMBX related at the moment.
Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL
Pronouns: Male

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

can't wait for the stubborn dick post
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

Jayoshi wrote:can't wait for the stubborn dick post
i'm hyped for "FUCK!!!" myself
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Allow me to come up with ideas:
The project would be split into 2 groups.
1. Brainstormers (Idea crew)
2. Inserters (Insertion crew)
Brainstormers would think of an idea and if it is liked by a few people a patapon poll would be created to be decided if it goes on to the next stage or needs to be rethought or scrapped.
levels and bosses would need four gimmicks in succession. Here's an example:

Example

rinka shooters
podoboo jumps
wind
blue sacks

Order: Random

Each level you play has 4 unique gimmicks. Also creating new enemies is a pain. I think this could work.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Story!

Once there was a Magl X.
The Magl X had 134 contestants.
Magl X is also a game raocow played.
One day raocow decided to play Magl X
for nostalgia. But when he pressed play he got
zapped into the Yacht of Opinions! Who did this? Find out in
Magl X : Revenge of the Yacht...
Zha Hong Lang

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

aww we're not following with the form of the original topic well enough

here, I'll get us back on track

You're forgetting the most needed thing which is also the hardest and most time-consuming: make the levels not shit.
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

SAJewers wrote:For A2XT? I actually don't have much interest in that right now at all. Plus that thing is left in rockythachao's hands, and i'm planning on staying away and letting him do what he wants with it. It's basically his project now.
Hoeloe's the one you left in charge and tbh he's by far the better person to have at the helm given my track record

if...if people want to try for A2X3, then they can wait a few months.

Alex stressed this in the original thread but a huge reason why A2MT failed so hard is because it was started before raocow was even done playing ASMT, while people were still burnt out.

For the record, I'm not in favor of "fixing" A2MT... because Tobi already did it.

real deets on a2xt2dev
Activity's mostly been concentrated in the Discodehaus server. It's been on and off, but it's currently on the upswing again.

We're still going roughly by the plan Hoeloe outlined here, but Step 1 is waiting on some unfinished features in 2.0. One of them should be done in the next few days but dunno about the others, so in the meantime I've been chipping away at Step 4, moving some of cinematX's features to their own dedicated APIs and working on some of the other assorted lua things we're going to need. Also new and updated music, some of which I recently posted in the Ep. 2 music thread.

We probably won't literally be done in a few months, but we do aim to get it done and in a state from which Ep. 3 can be derived without too much hassle. This project isn't going to fall apart like A2MT did.

All of that aside, looking forward to seeing the new takes on the upcoming posts from that old thread lol

also btw shaders

Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Zha Hong Lang

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

You should definitely go ahead with A3XT. I'm morbidly curious to see just how low the bar can be set.

USER WAS SCORNED FOR THIS POST
(Formerly Jayoshi)
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

If A3XT was done up like ASMBXT, where people just made a bunch of levels, and then someone threw it together into a singular episode, it would probably be doable. Same with A3MT.
Rixithechao

Post by Rixithechao »

...y'all skipped SNN's post :c
Like as much fun as this thread is I do want to stress that we are serious about finishing A2XT2.

When I said A2X3, I meant A Second Mario X Thing Episode 3, not A Third Mario X Thing. We're doing a lot of new stuff with Ep. 2, but going from Ep. 2 to Ep. 3 would be a matter of making better use of the same tech from Episode 2. As I've said elsewhere, pretty much the whole "game 2 establishes the formula, game 3 refines it" thing.

A3XT can be whatever, I'll probably be focusing on my own gamedev projects after A2XT, but please wait until we've either finished the A2XT series or officially declared it dead (and again, things aren't that dire yet). If y'all want to make a more vanilla ASMT-related game in the meantime, I'll go ahead and dig up the old SMB2 character select screen I was working on and update it to the newest tech so Superb Demo Sisters 2 can be a thing again. Pretty much just a matter of replacing the graphx calls with imagic...

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

Rockythechao wrote:Important stuff
If I may interject I feel that the source of all this stress and chaos is having way to many projects going on at the same time. The community is small so having to maintain, A2XT EP.2, SDS2, Lost Levels, and JUMP 1/2 is a lot to swallow. I don't have much behind the scenes knowledge with SMBX but what I can say is that the Talkhaus as a community needs to focus on 1 project at a time. A2XT is priority, once Episode 2 is refined and released then we can take a break for awhile from A2XT and move on to ONE of the 3 remaining projects :lol: There's no need to rush on to Episode 3 and make the same mistake that A2MT did. There's a reason the MaglX's work and that's because they're yearly. :) If anyone here needs my help with A2XT, if things get bad, I will. I trust the dev team to pace themselves though. :) JUMP 1/2 seems to be going fine slowly but surely from Terra, SDS2 is only in conception stages so why start something new if what we have for other projects isn't finished, and Lost Levels' status is unknown to me.
Rixithechao

Post by Rixithechao »

There's really not too much that the community at large can do with A2XT2 right now -- a lot of the levels have already been made, it's mainly finishing the bosses, towns, hub, world maps, cutscenes, etc. and before we work on those we want to get the tech finalized and the devkit ported to SMBX 2.0. Once we're ready, we'll let everyone know, but for now I personally wouldn't recommend pushing folks away from their respective projects to focus on ours. If there are enough idle hands itching to help with something, they could always check with the ones in charge of the other projects and see if they need anything.

I brought up SDS 2 because I offered to do that character select screen a while back only to let it fall to the wayside so I'm fixing up and finishing that now. Maybe that project shouldn't start up again just yet, but once people are ready to do so they'll at least have one less piece of tech to worry about.

Also, from what I understand A Zelda Classic Thing has been almost complete for a while now. It's not SMW or SMBX but it's a talkhaus collab too.

Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

Rockythechao wrote:There's really not too much that the community at large can do with A2XT2 right now -- a lot of the levels have already been made, it's mainly finishing the bosses, towns, hub, world maps, cutscenes, etc. and before we work on those we want to get the tech finalized and the devkit ported to SMBX 2.0. Once we're ready, we'll let everyone know, but for now I personally wouldn't recommend pushing folks away from their respective projects to focus on ours. If there are enough idle hands itching to help with something, they could always check with the ones in charge of the other projects and see if they need anything.

I brought up SDS 2 because I offered to do that character select screen a while back only to let it fall to the wayside so I'm fixing up and finishing that now. Maybe that project shouldn't start up again just yet, but once people are ready to do so they'll at least have one less piece of tech to worry about.

Also, from what I understand A Zelda Classic Thing has been almost complete for a while now. It's not SMW or SMBX but it's a talkhaus collab too.
Alright just let me know if you and the rest of the A2XT team need help with anything. :) Who's the one that's working on the improvements to 2.0 that you guys are waiting on?
Zha Hong Lang

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

ugh why did I write A3XT

I take full responsibility for that

E: also I like how I ended up actually getting picked on for that post
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Now I feel really awkward because this joke thread about a project that I'm technically in charge of is now turning into a thread for discussing the future of an entirely different project.

Although I guess I feel slightly less bad about the lack of progress considering every collab is apparently super-slow (except JUMP 1/2?), but on the other hand AZCT and A2XT2 are a lot closer to completion.

So in conclusion, I have no idea what I'm trying to say here.

Clearly we need to make the overworld BGMs, this will obviously solve all of our problems.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!