(shouting)

The Nancy Box project

wanna make a game, or anything else? seminal bloom!
Mandew
d'yo
First name: Marc
Pronouns: a person
https://fishingseasontraversal.talkhaus.com/

The Nancy Box project

Post by Mandew »

Goal: Easing initiatiation to Super Mario World Hacking.
There are people who would get into Super Mario World hacking, but are very intimidated by it.
These people will sometimes get discouraged when they find out that what's in the base engine doesn't inspire them a whole lot.

The Nancy Box aims to provide enough new custom assets for people to explore when they just start out with Lunar Magic.
It may inspire someone while they build up confidence to explore outside of the box itself.

Needs:
1. New Custom Blocks and Custom Sprites.
Sprites and blocks that put in place new gameplay mechanics to add onto Super Mario World's own.
Simplicity and polyvalance is what I'm looking for. The sprites and blocks don't have to be super polished -
but they have to be consistant in how they work.

2. (Optional) Pre-inserted Custom Music.
Either ports or full custom compositions - music can set a lot of the tone and inspiration for a designer.
Just having a few custom tracks pre-inserted will make a big difference in that aspect.

Further note: Nothing will be inserted into the baseROM without permission of the custom asset's author.
Everyone who has contributed to the project will be creditted.

The essential tools (SpriteTool, GPS, asar, Lunar Magic) may or may not be included depending on many factors.

3. Lots and lots of documentation.
Documentation would include small tutorials, but especially listings for where to find what.
How to use certain custom assets, etc.
Conveyance over accuracy.

Looking for: People to collaborate with.
Programmers, designers, but especially people to brainstorm with.

also yo I'm Mandew
video games
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Re: The Nancy Box project

Post by Willhart »

This seems interesting. I guess this is to help people make short levels and episodes while learning how to use those tools?
Mandew
d'yo
First name: Marc
Pronouns: a person
https://fishingseasontraversal.talkhaus.com/

Re: The Nancy Box project

Post by Mandew »

Willhart wrote:This seems interesting. I guess this is to help people make short levels and episodes while learning how to use those tools?
Indeed!

So far, what's in the box:
Punchy the boxing glove
Sticky Ceiling Block

As examples of the sorts of mechanics wanted - simple and polyvalent.

video games