(shouting)

Yan's World - Indie

wanna make a game, or anything else? seminal bloom!
Heraga

Re: Yan's World - Indie

Post by Heraga »

new enemy

new thing to collect
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

Huh... I've been subscribed to this thread for the longest time but I've never actually posted here.

I still think those fence platforms would work better if they were consistent with the perspective of the other tiles and scenery -- whether it be changing the platforms themselves to face forward or changing the left wall tiles, decorative fences and other front-facing stuff to show their sides -- but in fairness it's been a while since we've brought that up on discord.

I initially shared Enjl's doubts about the scanline effect as well, but looking back at it now it does help reduce the strain from the VB red. Though on closer inspection, it seems like the gifs have stronger saturation and contrast to the screenshots... I'm guessing the latter are more accurate to the game and the former are a result of the gif format's color reduction/conversion?

In any case, really digging the new design for the Dozier (or should we call him Nozier now?)
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

Rockythechao wrote: 6 years ago Huh... I've been subscribed to this thread for the longest time but I've never actually posted here.

I still think those fence platforms would work better if they were consistent with the perspective of the other tiles and scenery -- whether it be changing the platforms themselves to face forward or changing the left wall tiles, decorative fences and other front-facing stuff to show their sides -- but in fairness it's been a while since we've brought that up on discord.

I initially shared Enjl's doubts about the scanline effect as well, but looking back at it now it does help reduce the strain from the VB red. Though on closer inspection, it seems like the gifs have stronger saturation and contrast to the screenshots... I'm guessing the latter are more accurate to the game and the former are a result of the gif format's color reduction/conversion?

In any case, really digging the new design for the Dozier (or should we call him Nozier now?)
The scanlines kinda play into both, but i usually prefer testing with them on as they are easier on the eyes. (This is also shown in the pics below).

----------------------------------------------------------

Irl and other work has been hectic but I am finally back to work again (again).

First thing up is working on the cutscenes in the game. In the game, they are told minimally without text, setting an atmosphere with only the music and what is shown on screen. I am very happy with all the art completed for it so far.

Updates will now be more frequent and will be of greater quantity of this. Thanks!
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

Heraga

Post by Heraga »

More stuff. Could potentially be a WIP. Ode to one of my favorite sonic hacks!
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

LatexHydra

Post by LatexHydra »

Just in terms of visuals, this stands out, and looks really cool and unique! I like it. The green color palette looks more appealing imo.