(shouting)

A2MT Complete! 1.9.5 Released!

wanna make a game, or anything else? seminal bloom!
TheMario90

Re: A2MT Complete IT'S FINALLY DONE! UPDATE 1.7 IS OUT!

Post by TheMario90 »

Update on the situation: I attempted to look through the rom to find any hint at where the original code for the messages is and I have found it. So I won't have to go through that process of redoing things now. I'll just be editing these instead, which I'm glad about because its a lot less work.
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

TheMario90 wrote:Update on the situation: I attempted to look through the rom to find any hint at where the original code for the messages is and I have found it. So I won't have to go through that process of redoing things now. I'll just be editing these instead, which I'm glad about because its a lot less work.
That's wonderful! :) Now that you've found the original code do you know how to insert the sprites for the chests so that when someone does the sprites for the chests you could insert them? Is it just as easy?
TheMario90

Post by TheMario90 »

Tobi555 wrote:That's wonderful! :) Now that you've found the original code do you know how to insert the sprites for the chests so that when someone does the sprites for the chests you could insert them? Is it just as easy?
I'm still disassembling everything, and as of this post I'm looking for what exactly uploads the graphics to show in the text box. Either way if for some reason I didn't find it or understand it, I could just code my own. But yes this is considerably easier now. So I think its safe to say you could start looking for someone who can make the graphics for these. I'll upload a screenshot later with one of the descriptions you gave me earlier.
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

TheMario90 wrote:I'm still disassembling everything, and as of this post I'm looking for what exactly uploads the graphics to show in the text box. Either way if for some reason I didn't find it or understand it, I could just code my own. But yes this is considerably easier now. So I think its safe to say you could start looking for someone who can make the graphics for these. I'll upload a screenshot later with one of the descriptions you gave me earlier.
Ok sounds good :) I'll find someone, as far as I know the graphics are 16x16. Post a list of which items your going to use for the chests and I'll give that list to someone to sprite art of them. Do you know what format they're supposed to be in? PNG? EDIT: Also once the chest system is all done and fixed up the parrot pad room that displays the treasures needs to be adjusted accordingly because there are blank spaces that won't ever have treasures just because there's no level inserted for that spot in the "gallery" If you don't understand what I mean I'll post a screenshot with the chest sprites when that gets done XD ANOTHER EDIT: I gave both lists to Chaoxys to sprite. YET ANOTHER EDIT: Chaoxys said he/she could only do what he/she had an idea for because of being busy I'll get what Chaoxys did and send em your way when they're done and try to find someone else for the rest.
TheMario90

Re: A2MT Complete Almost (Only Chests left)! UPDATE 1.7 IS OUT!

Post by TheMario90 »

This took me a lot longer than expected to do (plus I stalled a bit because of the excitement about the Nintendo NX) but I now have control over the text and graphics of the chests now. Here's an example. I'll start filling in the real entries soon.

raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I am way too excited about this, wow
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

TheMario90 wrote:This took me a lot longer than expected to do (plus I stalled a bit because of the excitement about the Nintendo NX) but I now have control over the text and graphics of the chests now. Here's an example. I'll start filling in the real entries soon.

Looks great! :D Did you get the other sprites I sent you for some of the Ideas?
raocow wrote:I am way too excited about this, wow
Heh well hopefully in no time we'll have it done (and for reals this time) after the chests being filled I have to remove a few text boxes about the filler subplot. However parrot boom boom is still the main boss XD
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

Oh snap A2MT is alive again wow huh
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

Nin wrote:Oh snap A2MT is alive again wow huh
Yup all that's left to fix is the chests literally everything else is done and once the chests are done I'm gonna give 1 final run through of the game to make sure it's all still working properly and then I'll release it :)
TheMario90

Post by TheMario90 »

Tobi555 wrote:Looks great! :D Did you get the other sprites I sent you for some of the Ideas?
Yup, this is what I meant by the "real entries" in my previous post. Also, some more good news, it seems like I won't have to do anything extra regarding the treasure gallery. Its all compatible by default as you can see here.

So literally all that needs to be done is for me to fill in the text and for someone to provide the rest of the graphics for me to fill in and this is all done. I can be done with the text within 2 days, how much longer this takes depends on whenever I get the graphics.
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

TheMario90 wrote:
Tobi555 wrote:Looks great! :D Did you get the other sprites I sent you for some of the Ideas?
Yup, this is what I meant by the "real entries" in my previous post. Also, some more good news, it seems like I won't have to do anything extra regarding the treasure gallery. Its all compatible by default as you can see here.

So literally all that needs to be done is for me to fill in the text and for someone to provide the rest of the graphics for me to fill in and this is all done. I can be done with the text within 2 days, how much longer this takes depends on whenever I get the graphics.
Ok sounds good I'll keep looking around. The picture I provided you with in that download is all the chest entries in the game. All the outline spots don't exist Is there a way to clean that up?
TheMario90

Post by TheMario90 »

Tobi555 wrote:Ok sounds good I'll keep looking around. The picture I provided you with in that download is all the chest entries in the game. All the outline spots don't exist Is there a way to clean that up?
What exactly did you have in mind? I think those outlines are a clear way to shown you haven't got the chest for that space yet.
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

TheMario90 wrote:
Tobi555 wrote:Ok sounds good I'll keep looking around. The picture I provided you with in that download is all the chest entries in the game. All the outline spots don't exist Is there a way to clean that up?
What exactly did you have in mind? I think those outlines are a clear way to shown you haven't got the chest for that space yet.
No I mean some of those outlines will NEVER have chests because there's no level in the game that occupies the slot. That's why I sent you the picture with the first Set of chest sprites showing you which spots will NEVER have a chest.
TheMario90

Post by TheMario90 »

Tobi555 wrote:No I mean some of those outlines will NEVER have chests because there's no level in the game that occupies the slot. That's why I sent you the picture with the first Set of chest sprites showing you which spots will NEVER have a chest.
Ah, I didn't catch that. I thought I downloaded this already but I just had the tab sitting open and never did, my bad haha. I think maybe I can, but if not, I could just place blank tiles over those spots rather than leaving the outline. Its better than leaving them there.
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

TheMario90 wrote:
Tobi555 wrote:No I mean some of those outlines will NEVER have chests because there's no level in the game that occupies the slot. That's why I sent you the picture with the first Set of chest sprites showing you which spots will NEVER have a chest.
Ah, I didn't catch that. I thought I downloaded this already but I just had the tab sitting open and never did, my bad haha. I think maybe I can, but if not, I could just place blank tiles over those spots rather than leaving the outline. Its better than leaving them there.
It's fine yea I was thinking putting some tile over those so people don't think they're missing a treasure :)
TheMario90

Post by TheMario90 »

So I just looked into it, and I think it will be way too taxing to line up everything properly because there seems to be a bunch of things working together, including the asm for specific levels. I may have been able to do it if I had the levelasm files used because then I could just swap the levels in such a way that all the unused ones would be the last in the list. So it seems we'll have to settle for the blank tiles for the unused chests.
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

TheMario90 wrote:So I just looked into it, and I think it will be way too taxing to line up everything properly because there seems to be a bunch of things working together, including the asm for specific levels. I may have been able to do it if I had the levelasm files used because then I could just swap the levels in such a way that all the unused ones would be the last in the list. So it seems we'll have to settle for the blank tiles for the unused chests.
That's totally fine just put a block or something over the unused ones instead. :) I'm gonna make a thread in the art section for the sprites C: EDIT: Will the PNGs work or do they need to be in another format? Or do you have that under control?
TheMario90

Post by TheMario90 »

Tobi555 wrote:That's totally fine just put a block or something over the unused ones instead. :) I'm gonna make a thread in the art section for the sprites C: EDIT: Will the PNGs work or do they need to be in another format? Or do you have that under control?
Oh yeah I did forget to tell you, PNGs are the best format for me to rip so yes please.
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

TheMario90 wrote:
Tobi555 wrote:That's totally fine just put a block or something over the unused ones instead. :) I'm gonna make a thread in the art section for the sprites C: EDIT: Will the PNGs work or do they need to be in another format? Or do you have that under control?
Oh yeah I did forget to tell you, PNGs are the best format for me to rip so yes please.
Ok good I'll keep that communication up with peeps. EDIT: Ok I think I found someone for the rest of the graphics we'll see how this works out :) EDIT2: Feel free to change everything in slot 130 to any other item because it repeats a portal joke that another item already does. EDIT3: They're starting work on the chests that are inserted with text that don't have graphics. :) Also do you have a way to edit the overworld names since it uses the longer names patch? Level 129 doesn't have it's name and it should be "Trials of the Parrot". If that's not possible let me know :) I have no idea if you can edit that ASM.
TheMario90

Post by TheMario90 »

Editing the overworld text is a lot easier to do than this chest thing, so I can do that as well.

Edit: While testing chests to see if they work properly, I noticed the dragon coins were patched to be saved once collected. Should I add the dragon coin indicator on the overworld too?
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

TheMario90 wrote:Editing the overworld text is a lot easier to do than this chest thing, so I can do that as well.

Edit: While testing chests to see if they work properly, I noticed the dragon coins were patched to be saved once collected. Should I add the dragon coin indicator on the overworld too?
No because when you collect all the dragon coins in a level the name turns Gold to signify you got them all :) Edit: Don't forget chest 130 needs to be replaced since it redo's an item that's already finished :)
TheMario90

Post by TheMario90 »

I just noticed in an earlier post you asked me to choose which items I'd use from the list, but honestly I think its better if you and the person doing the graphics decide that rather than me, like you already did on the first set you sent me.

Edit: Exception being the ones I PM'd you about because I already filled these in.
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

TheMario90 wrote:I just noticed in an earlier post you asked me to choose which items I'd use from the list, but honestly I think its better if you and the person doing the graphics decide that rather than me, like you already did on the first set you sent me.
Ok I'll go through and pick what we need and edit this post with which items we're gonna use so you can look at the list and put the text in. I'll communicate this with the artist to of course. Remember that some of them are already inserted but are missing descriptions like the Purple Paint and the Ritalin etc. so you should be able to just do descriptions for those :) EDIT:
Chests that need insertion: 35

An Obscure Reference (Graphic done already)
Capslock (Graphic done already)
Red Button (Graphic done already)
Door (Graphic done already)
Hammer (Graphic done already)
Slime (Graphic done already)
Meaning of Life (Graphic done already)
The Alphabet
Good grammar
Irrelevance
An Illusion
Another Savestate
Super Mario World
Interrupting Cow
LAYER 4 (This one specifically for the level Layer 2 Romp)
Charlie's Head!! (Graphic done already)
King Charles' Head?!
Lunar Magic
A Demo Container
Mega Man helmet
SNES Controller
Ballet Bill
Arms (Graphic done already)
Grocery coupon
Grocery list
Fanart
Thermal deflector
Bike coupon
Laundromat
Vegetables
A Solution
Fake Love
An Empty Chest
A positive ball!

EDIT2: I found a bug in the final world I have no idea how to fix it. When you leave Nezumi's Farm Demo and the arrows disappear but she's still on the overworld just invisible. If it helps you its level 124
TheMario90

Post by TheMario90 »

When you were changing things around before, were you using an older version of lunar magic? I'm asking because when trying to see about this new problem you mentioned, I edited the overworld to use a pipe title to take me right to the level except for some reason they don't work so I used exit tiles and they just freeze the game. Seems like a sign that I should be using an older version of LM.
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

TheMario90 wrote:When you were changing things around before, were you using an older version of lunar magic? I'm asking because when trying to see about this new problem you mentioned, I edited the overworld to use a pipe title to take me right to the level except for some reason they don't work so I used exit tiles and they just freeze the game. Seems like a sign that I should be using an older version of LM.
I used version 2.42 of Lunar Magic for all my edits although i would use cheat codes to get to certain levels for editing rather than placing tiles