(shouting)

A2MT Complete! 1.9.5 Released!

wanna make a game, or anything else? seminal bloom!
Super Maks 64
Just your usual SMW hacker
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: A2MT Complete! 1.9.5 Released!

Post by Super Maks 64 »

Update

Every, but 2 level songs work correctly, bonus game now plays music and applied the L/R autoscroll fix patch instead of disabling L/R for many levels.

Also added a shop in Parrot Pad that allows unlocking 4 shortcut levels (Wrathful Romp, The Meaning of Sharp, Running Like Clockwork, Land of Illusion), but it only works on a new save file (you can still use it to know how many sets of Parrot Coins you have) and currently they don't activate an event.

Were there any songs in A2MT that didn't work, because I found some sampled music like Minish Woods and DKC Bonus that I don't think were used?
Last edited by Super Maks 64 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

Super Maks 64 wrote: 6 years ago Update (The Dropbox site isn't workig for me currently and I don't know if the link stays the same when you synchronize files, will edit later)

Every, but 2 level songs work correctly, bonus game now plays music and applied the L/R autoscroll fix patch instead of disabling L/R for many levels.

Also added a shop in Parrot Pad that allows unlocking 4 shortcut levels (Wrathful Romp, The Meaning of Sharp, Running Like Clockwork, Land of Illusion), but it only works on a new save file (you can still use it to know how many sets of Parrot Coins you have) and currently they don't activate an event.

Were there any songs in A2MT that didn't work, because I found some sampled music like Minish Woods and DKC Bonus that I don't think were used?
Only Extraordinary Flipnotes music, Original Mountain OW song, and the song for Lakitrouble in Lakitundra which I switched the track to something else. DKC Bonus caused audio issues so I re-used the standard DKC music for that level.
Jongseok

Post by Jongseok »

Hey, everyone! People who want to modernize(sampled) songs, please insert these songs. samples included.
Link : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7eAs ... UswR1RpbUE
Araragi Marisa's Anime List: MAL List
Jongseok

Post by Jongseok »

Tobi555 wrote: 6 years ago
Super Maks 64 wrote: 6 years ago Update (The Dropbox site isn't workig for me currently and I don't know if the link stays the same when you synchronize files, will edit later)

Only Extraordinary Flipnotes music, Original Mountain OW song, and the song for Lakitrouble in Lakitundra which I switched the track to something else. DKC Bonus caused audio issues so I re-used the standard DKC music for that level.
There are 2 missing OW songs. Swivel and RPG Maker XP - Theme01.
Last edited by Jongseok 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Araragi Marisa's Anime List: MAL List
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Super Maks 64 wrote: 6 years ago Update

haha, wow, this is pretty amazing, and suddenly you fixed a big weird thing with the map
You are definitely not getting enough praise for this
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

Super Maks 64 wrote: 6 years ago Update

Would you mind adding a credits level along with applying a few things I had in my 1.9.6 version planned? Some cutoff fixes in Nezumi's Farm for the pipes, Removing transparency from the green switch palace room and add a time limit to raocow's final room, the one that alternates palette, of 'further over there'
Super Maks 64

Post by Super Maks 64 »

I'll fix the Green Switch Palace room, but I'm not sure about the credits level, I could make further over there just activate the vanilla credits I guess.
What issues are currently on the fixlist?
I'd also suggest making the rooms in Trial of the Parrots use original ASMT SP1 and SP2 (used in Menagerie).
Does anyone have an idea for the chest in La joie de glisser? Also does anyone have the rom with that level (still missing the bg)?
Any suggestion for the numbers of Parrot Coins needed to unlock levels?
Relevant What about switching Land of Illusion and Extraordinary Flip Notes! on the ow?
Do I need a P and no secret exit here have normal exits, because it would be weird to have exits that don't count (like Violet Velocity/Sky Arena)?
Where was the DKC Bonus music originally used?

This has been your daily question time with Maks
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

Super Maks 64 wrote: 6 years ago I'll fix the Green Switch Palace room, but I'm not sure about the credits level, I could make further over there just activate the vanilla credits I guess.
What issues are currently on the fixlist?
I'd also suggest making the rooms in Trial of the Parrots use original ASMT SP1 and SP2 (used in Menagerie).
Does anyone have an idea for the chest in La joie de glisser? Also does anyone have the rom with that level (still missing the bg)?
Any suggestion for the numbers of Parrot Coins needed to unlock levels?
Relevant What about switching Land of Illusion and Extraordinary Flip Notes! on the ow?
Do I need a P and no secret exit here have normal exits, because it would be weird to have exits that don't count (like Violet Velocity/Sky Arena)?
Where was the DKC Bonus music originally used?

This has been your daily question time with Maks
Other than switch palace 2 other minor issues persist, Cutoff on Nezumi's Farm's pipes and further over there's time up on the last sublevel. As for La Joie I'd go with something in french up to you as to what that is though. Regarding the credit's I'd rather have a custom level or no credits in-game at all, the vanilla wouldn't make much story context. Parrot Coin unlocks are tricky since the whole game is technically open world honestly with the way it's set up I'd recommend not worrying about parrot coin unlocks, as for Extraordinary Flip Notes it's supposed to be on that empty spot in space world on the moon. I need a P does have another exit but it's not necessary the ice exit is to easy IMO and no secret exit here has a secret exit which unlocks the path to continue mountain world, the normal exit doesn't do anything. Finally the DKC Bonus music is used for Demo Kong Country's sublevel that has DKC barrels.

This has been your daily answer time with Tobi555.
Let me know when you get that done and I'll update the OP with it if you want as a 1.9.6 :)
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

I don't know if there's a way to modify those levels with a useless exit to only have the 'counting' exit present, honestly. I think at this point it's okay to modify things for the better, honestly.

I don't know how many dragon coins there are in the game, but like I'd do with 10%, 25%, 60% and 80% (choose depending on how big a shortcut it is)
Super Maks 64

Post by Super Maks 64 »

Late Update

I'm sorry that this took such a long while, I was lazy and kind of demotivated after finding one "thing" (which is now fixed).
-Did some ow stuff.
-Changed the requirements for the unlockable levels to be "dynamic".
-Music stuff(Extraordinary Flip Notes!, ow music).
-Fixed issues that Tobi pointed out.
-La joie de glisser now has a treasure
-Made the NPCs work on nonzsnes stuff

Notes:
-common cheat codes now work, could be useful for testing
-mountain ow music is missing some tuning commands
-2 chest graphics are missing

Suggestions:
-Add blocks in Nezumi's Farm that allow you to toggle the states of the switches (and allow you to replay the switch palaces)
-Replace every vanilla level music
-Add the custom file select menu (exists in a rom, could probably insert it)
-Anything that couldn't be included initially?(I'm going to repeat this question)

Chest text:
Found French
Value 1792 gp

What kind of alien
language is this? Voshye.
raocow

Post by raocow »

amazing. this moved forward in such a huge way that I never thought possible :oops:
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

Super Maks 64 wrote: 6 years ago Late Update

I'm sorry that this took such a long while, I was lazy and kind of demotivated after finding one "thing" (which is now fixed).
-Did some ow stuff.
-Changed the requirements for the unlockable levels to be "dynamic".
-Music stuff(Extraordinary Flip Notes!, ow music).
-Fixed issues that Tobi pointed out.
-La joie de glisser now has a treasure
-Made the NPCs work on nonzsnes stuff

Notes:
-common cheat codes now work, could be useful for testing
-mountain ow music is missing some tuning commands
-2 chest graphics are missing

Suggestions:
-Add blocks in Nezumi's Farm that allow you to toggle the states of the switches (and allow you to replay the switch palaces)
-Replace every vanilla level music
-Add the custom file select menu (exists in a rom, could probably insert it)
-Anything that couldn't be included initially?(I'm going to repeat this question)

Chest text:
Found French
Value 1792 gp

What kind of alien
language is this? Voshye.
Other than what you've pointed out there's nothing else that I can think of that wasn't included. I experimented with the custom file select but nothing came of it. PM me if you want when this is done and I'll post it up as an update in the OP! :) Great work man!
Super Maks 64

Post by Super Maks 64 »

Beefsteak for Dodge the Beefsteak. I can easily convert this to a Snes GFX and make it insertable.

There was supposed to be a boss in Super Vehicle 00C Onwards to Moscow and there is a fully working version in a seperate rom. Would be tricky, but I would still try doing that.

I would like to know all things related to levels like the ones above, even if they sound crazy and/or impossible.

Random question: What were the sibling halls originally supposed to be? It kind of sound like it was supposed to be a level like the 2nd half of trial or iron. Not going to restore that though, just asking.
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

Super Maks 64 wrote: 6 years ago Image
Beefsteak for Dodge the Beefsteak. I can easily convert this to a Snes GFX and make it insertable.

There was supposed to be a boss in Super Vehicle 00C Onwards to Moscow and there is a fully working version in a seperate rom. Would be tricky, but I would still try doing that.

I would like to know all things related to levels like the ones above, even if they sound crazy and/or impossible.

Random question: What were the sibling halls originally supposed to be? It kind of sound like it was supposed to be a level like the 2nd half of trial or iron. Not going to restore that though, just asking.
I wouldn't restore that boss it's Demo's sister-in-law, who Demo hasn't met yet at this point that was saved for A2XT :P. Sibling Halls we're supposed to be 10 screen sublevels with custom backgrounds of said siblings and once you get through each sublevel the sibling would be defeated, they would be tacked on at the end of levels.
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

Huh... I knew that was how Mishi's hall was handled but I was under the impression that the sibling halls were meant to be stretches of the levels in which the siblings were active hazards, like how Kamek attacked you in the first and last sections of 6-8 in Yoshi's Island. I figured Mishi's face being in the background was just to show that Demo was trapped in some kind of psychic illusion. Were any other sibling halls made with that same kind of setup?

Well, regardless of how they were meant to be handled in A2MT, I'm probably going to bring up the idea of second cousin halls with the SCs as active hazards when it comes time to begin planning Episode 3. They could lead up to the boss fights or serve as the climaxes of fortress levels with the proper boss battle being at the end of the corresponding world's castle.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Super Maks 64

Post by Super Maks 64 »

My Issue/Notes List: (giant spoiler, incomplete at the moment)
Title Screen - originally was supposed to be an 8bpp image that transitioned to the file select; currently it's just a demo of the first level
File Select - pretty neat although there is one graphical bug
Overworld - further over there's exit doesn't count; cave map is for some reason different?
Story - I think that there still are messages referencing the old plot; there is no boss in the endgame
Graphics - Some levels seem to use outdated graphic replacements for enemies (eg firebars, sumo lightning, bowser statues); demo-only and sprite-only blocks, too lazy to ever fix that though
~Plains~
✓ A Menagerie In Glass - old style and new style seem to mix in some spots, but I think that was intended; seems fine
Intertwined Plains - map 16 issues; bad level
A Stroll Beneath the Stars - there aren't custom blocks that act like both a vine and ledge, which is strange; seems fine otherwise
✓ Parrot's Pad Planning Phase - was it supposed to serve more purposes in the original? seems fine
✓ Painting the Treehouse - seems fine
✓ Coin Town USA - vanilla music; seems fine
✓ Thwomp Garden - seems fine
✓ LBS - seems fine
✓ Verdant Varmit - what the heck is a splut?; seems fine
✓ A Layer 2 Romp - seems fine; bad level
✓ Multi-Tier Hillside - vanilla music; seems fine
✓ Tangled Grounds - seems fine
✓ Ye Olde Spookhouse - seems fine
Forest of Realism - vanilla music; incorrect firebar graphics
Dodge the Beefsteak - beefsteak graphic
✓ Magical Lava Zone - seems fine
~Beach~
Flooded Village - message doesn't make sense, were the bullet bill launchers supposed to be walk through able?
✓Deja Vu - seems fine
The happy lake -
P-Switch Beach -
✓A Gelatin Factory - seems fine
A Beach -
Punctuated Time -
Goofy Grotto -
Starlight Resort -
~Cave~
Moonlit Mountain -
Where am I? -
Demo Kong Country -
Dancing with Shells -
Calm Forest -
Demo's Hydrophobia -
Something to do with layer 2 -
Undermoore Passage -
~Mountain~
Down to Green -
The Great Pit -
Farenheit Something -
Chilly Ice Cave -
no secret exit here -
Irritating... -
Smouldering Stones -
Thwomp Ahoy! -
Super Vehicle 00C Onwards to Moscow - the changed bullet launcher and changed Parrot Coin trigger me; boss thing
~Sky~
✓ Skythorn Valley - seems fine
✓ Aerial Athletics - seems fine
✓ Air Arena - what the heck is the boss upposed to be?; seems fine
✓ Violet Velocity - seems fine
✓ Cumulonimbastille - seems fine
✓ Sky Castle West - seems fine
✓THUMP - seems fine; bad length
Woodchuck Woods - incorrect chain chomp and roto disk gfx; my eyes; wasn't this supposed to use that terrible Puzzle Plank Galaxy port?
✓ Wrathful Romp - seems fine; bad level
✓Into the Sky Castle! - seems fine
Mad Science Laboratory - incorrect roto disk gfx; running thwomp obstacle is different?
~Space~
A.D.D. -
I Need a P! -
Block Fort -
Sagan Leagues Above the Surface -
Dark Side of the Moon -
Phase Out -
Extraordinary Flip Notes! - chest graphic; could probably do something about the falling reserve box items
Light and Darkness -
Land of Illusions - lunapoint gives you 200 seconds due to level 67's settings
betrayal rock -
~Forest~
Sodium Fortrate -
Forest Fever -
Unpleasant Intruder -
Heatstroke -
Mansion of Onoffness -
The Deadly Ninja Assasins Squad - boss has clashing graphics in some animations; bad length
Diary Disaster - alternate exit for some reason; terrible chest path
hey there sewage castle -
The Meaning Of Sharp -
Crazed Crayon Combat - incorrect bowser statue graphic
~Night~
P.Key's Mansion -
Mail Delivery!! -
Time Will Hide Your Way -
Skyway to Wonderland -
Demo's Wondrous Pitfal!l -
Lakitrouble in the Lakitundra -
La joie de glisser - chest graphic; bad level
The level of ghosts and slippery floors -
Running Like Clockwork -
Adamantium Castle -
~Switch Palaces~
~Eye~
So close, yet so... -
✓ Nezumi's Farm - literally pointless; seems fine for a non level
Trial of the Parrot - some graphical inconsistencies
??? - ???
~Post Game~
✓ further over there - what the hell is with the difficulty and length ;) ; it just kind of exists as a bonus;
B-Side - 256 warp gitch isn't fixed there, but is in normal A2MT; the parrot slideshow sure is a reward for the masochism
Also I now have the ability to make every level, and by every level I mean every level, have 2 checkpoints without messing stuff.
Could make A2MT available for a wider audience (aka not only masochists like raocow and QubicTom)
Last edited by Super Maks 64 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

Original Title Screen had the siblings on it but since the plot change I made my own title screen for the game. Moscow's boss can be fine as long as you replace the graphic of Serac. Story and message boxes are fine I made sure of that XD. What do you mean cave map seems different? Trials of the Parrots old set of graphics is intentional, it's a reference level to ASMT :)
Super Maks 64

Post by Super Maks 64 »

The list also contains notes, not only issues and title screen stuff was just notes.

Demo Kong Country still has a message referencing "the plot".
And the cave map has levels in different order than in the rom raocow has played.

I know that the Trials of the Parrot gfx are supposed to be ASMT gfx, but
-rooms other than the Statue Factory use bowser statue gfx and rope falling platforms instead of the original gfx
-the neon room uses Catllama Statues(not sure what those statues are supposed to be called) instead of Frog Statues
-Phanto room uses Banana Snake gfx instead of Hammer Bro gfx
-Thwomp room uses modern gfx (Bonefish gfx didn't get changed at all between ASMT and A2MT for some reason)

Anyway, any multicheckpoint suggestions?
Current lunapoint levels: further over there, Crazed Crayon Combat, Trial of the Parrot, Land of Illusions(uses one lunapoint), Dancing with Shells(uses one lunapoint), A.D.D. (uses one lunapoint)
raocow

Post by raocow »

I wish I remembered all the levels that need more than a midpoint, haha. Almost anything in the outer circle honestly
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

Super Maks 64 wrote: 6 years ago The list also contains notes, not only issues and title screen stuff was just notes.

Demo Kong Country still has a message referencing "the plot".
And the cave map has levels in different order than in the rom raocow has played.
raocow had an older version of Cave map's layout. I left that message intact with a bit of editing to it hoping people would think it's Parrot Boom Boom but if that's not clear I guess remove it.
Super Maks 64

Post by Super Maks 64 »

Link action

Stuff:
-inserted the file select and also made the game count your playtime
-fixed P.Key's Mansion's event which prevented going to Time Will Hide Your Way
-fixed the boss music in the Adeline fight
-removed the message from Demo Kong Country
-fixed the vertical Dolphin gfx bug

That doesn't mean that everything is fixed though. It's just playable (I hope).

Next release should have the Super Vehicle 00C boss.

Also who made the treasure graphics and could that person also make 2 new treasure graphics?
Kshaard
Dodo/
First name: mac5565

Post by Kshaard »

Super Maks 64 wrote: 6 years ago Also who made the treasure graphics and could that person also make 2 new treasure graphics?
I think this was TaviTurnip?
This is someone's signature.

"I don't like that universe I just created by accident . . ."
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

Super Maks 64 wrote: 6 years ago Next release should have the Super Vehicle 00C boss.

Also who made the treasure graphics and could that person also make 2 new treasure graphics?
Remember to change the sprite of Serac from that boss to someone else to keep continuity. Taviturnip made the graphics. Also add a time limit to Flip Notes it's possible to be soft-locked in a spot or 2.
raocow

Post by raocow »

I honestly think it's okay to keep the serac graphics. continuity is like the least important thing
Super Maks 64

Post by Super Maks 64 »

The "serac" in A2MT looks nothing like the real Serac, but I could just change the boss' gfx to a random Bananasnake or something.