(shouting)

A2MT Complete! 1.9.5 Released!

wanna make a game, or anything else? seminal bloom!
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

A2MT Complete! 1.9.5 Released!

Post by Tobi555 »

Hello all! I'll try to make this short but sweet. Over the past month I've been really motivated to fix up A2MT's problems and even compile every file all to the complete overworld. I've play tested the entire thing to make sure the event paths work and that every level's MAP 16, music, etc. isn't broken. My motivation for this project has always been that, regardless of A2MT's level design and success, its kinda disrespectful to leave it in multiple files which makes the game a hastle to play. Thank you Talkhaus for giving me the opportunity to fix this up and let the public have a Complete version! :D I TAKE NO CREDIT FOR ANYTHING INVOLVING LEVELS, TITLE SCREEN, ETC. just here to fix em and compile em together for the public's enjoyment

-Check text file for new fixes or additions
With update 1.9 we can lay A2MT to rest. Maybe not in the way it was originally going to but damn if I didn't pour my heart and soul into this game. Updates are no longer going to be instant anymore. They're going to consist of bug fixes from here on out on a monthly basis if I receive enough issues that still exist but for now I need a break XD 6 months straight of inspired work and I think it paid off wonderfully. I hope we as the Talkhaus can move forward and make projects that aren't hilariously over our head because I don't know how many projects I can revive XD I love the ASMT series and seeing A2MT is a sequel to ASMT I just had to revive it and wanted this game to see the light of day and I'm glad to say that it has now. I hope everyone can enjoy this game and it's brand new story, despite how minimal it is. Feel free to report bugs if you receive any but just know that another update is miles away cuz I'm taking a break XD

Fixing and finishing this game was my first experience with Lunar Magic too :)
Number of Exits for this game: 93
For anyone that doesn't know this game contains the following universal ASM:
-Dragon coin save upon collection
-Auto save upon level entrance
-Chest System
-Powerup filter
Last edited by Tobi555 5 years ago, edited 72 times in total.
ParmaJon
Moose in a suit
First name: Jon (a bit too obvious?)
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: A2MT Complete (kinda) UPDATE 1 IS OUT!

Post by ParmaJon »

Oh man, ive been considering playing this. Looks like you did a good job so thanks man!
Go to bed

raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

mannnnn....

it's funny how I kinda want to replay this, warts and all.
I just don't know if a re-LP would make sense.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

Another LP in like 2018 wouldn't be so bad. Like any repeat, just make sure it's in the distant future from the original.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

ParmaJon wrote:Oh man, ive been considering playing this. Looks like you did a good job so thanks man!
Thanks man, I did my very best to give it the treatment it actually deserves C: Be sure to let me know if there's any other issues not on the list that you encounter in game C:
raocow wrote:mannnnn....

I would be honored if you replayed through this raocow C: but before that happens I need someones help with those last couple issues in the text file :D Chest data and fixing the golden letters are an afterthought for right now :P Also If I had raocow's permission I'd change A2MT's story to being a side story where Demo ignores the original plot (aka iris's speech in the beginning) and instead goes on a random adventure to save the birds of the world from parrot boom boom's tyrannical reign because....reasons XD. BTW a couple of the levels with time limits you had trouble with in the LP have fixed time limits ;)
Last edited by Tobi555 7 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

Tobi555 wrote: Also If I had raocow's permission I'd change A2MT's story to being a side story where Demo ignores the original plot (aka iris's speech in the beginning) and instead goes on a random adventure to save the parrots of the world from parrot boom boom because....reasons XD. Then A2XT takes place with the plot this game was supposed to have as alluded to by Iris in this games opening
I mean sure, why not
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

raocow wrote:
Tobi555 wrote: Also If I had raocow's permission I'd change A2MT's story to being a side story where Demo ignores the original plot (aka iris's speech in the beginning) and instead goes on a random adventure to save the parrots of the world from parrot boom boom because....reasons XD. Then A2XT takes place with the plot this game was supposed to have as alluded to by Iris in this games opening
I mean sure, why not
Ok thanks raocow I just don't wanna change anything you may not be ok with. At first this project was me wanting everyone to play A2MT all in 1 file but now hopefully with the help from the community on a couple issues >.< we can finish A2MT. I don't want anyone to feel like they're supposed to help out on a project that I re-proposed from the dead but in its current state its got one final push until its in a complete state C: Granted a couple midway points still need fixing and chest insertions but the major stuff comes first in order to make this an enjoyable experience for all of the Talkhaus :) I regret not being there at the time of its cancellation but now we've got a real chance for it to succeed C:
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

raocow wrote:
I mean sure, why not

No, that's wrong!!

ASMBXT and thus A2XT take place before ASMT! So A2MT and A2XT can't take place during the same time!

(More seriously, since timelines are already being a thing in A2XT and The Space Masters of Space have been shown to be not so great, it's unlikely that ASMT itself could follow from the events of the X games. I remain unspoiled for Episode 2 though, so idk if they will address that in the next game or not.)
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Re: A2MT Complete (kinda) UPDATE 1.3 IS OUT!

Post by Tobi555 »

Leet wrote:ASMBXT and thus A2XT take place before ASMT! So A2MT and A2XT can't take place during the same time!

(More seriously, since timelines are already being a thing in A2XT and The Space Masters of Space have been shown to be not so great, it's unlikely that ASMT itself could follow from the events of the X games. I remain unspoiled for Episode 2 though, so idk if they will address that in the next game or not.)
That's true about ASMT but regardless I personally believe that A2MT should still be there at least as a side story or something C: I'd hate for all this work after all these years to just disappear by not even being a side story. XD Granted its a rough side story but it should suffice since the original plot for A2MT was practically the same as A2XT anyways which wouldn't make sense in canon. :lol: I've been hoping to have more activity on this thread thanks for the post ;)
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

oh man hey there Clover, I really need to get back to ZTD

I dunno about establishing a definitive end-all, be-all timeline... but as I may or may not have alluded to before elsewhere, a Thing we're doing with A2XT2's plot will likely help keep the continuity flexible enough for goofy side stories like this and the Superb Demo games.

As for the Space Masters of Space, we do have some ideas we'd like to explore in Ep. 3 and 4 but that largely depends on how the story will be handled in Ep. 3 and how many of us on the current writing team will be sticking around to contribute to it.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

Rockythechao wrote:oh man hey there Clover, I really need to get back to ZTD

I dunno about establishing a definitive end-all, be-all timeline... but as I may or may not have alluded to before elsewhere, a Thing we're doing with A2XT2's plot will likely help keep the continuity flexible enough for goofy side stories like this and the Superb Demo games.

As for the Space Masters of Space, we do have some ideas we'd like to explore in Ep. 3 and 4 but that largely depends on how the story will be handled in Ep. 3 and how many of us on the current writing team will be sticking around to contribute to it.
I see, whatever helps consider A2MT a part of canon in some way would be nice but I understand A2XT has bigger priorities for story placement than A2MT and ASMT right now XD

EDIT: Anyone know how to change Yoshi's message when you get on him for the first time. Not the Yoshi House text C: ALSO FOR ANYONE PLAYING THROUGH 1.3 LET ME KNOW IF THERE'S ANY PARROT COIN ODDITIES AND I'LL FIX EM! It's hard for me to keep track of all the issues I'm only one person so having the community report issues I've overlooked is a HUGE help! Everything else on the list is fair game for fixing if anyone wants to lend a hand since I can't ASM :)
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Re: A2MT Complete (kinda) UPDATE 1.4 IS OUT!

Post by Tobi555 »

I got a couple surprises for you guys for the next update stick around C; At this point the majority of A2MT's issues are gone in some fashion except for music, midpoint shenanigans, a competent title screen, and weird palette transitioning to further over there. Not gonna go into further detail but we're practically on the home stretch. Not gonna finish the chests but *hint* there's a story reason for that. ;)
ParmaJon
Moose in a suit

Post by ParmaJon »

: D !!!!!!!
Go to bed

Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

ParmaJon wrote:: D !!!!!!!
Currently it's shaping up extremely well I just need help from someone that knows how to insert music and is willing to make a better title screen than what I have currently. Then the only MAJOR thing left to do is fix double midpoint bug C: If anyone reading this can help with this send me a PM :)
ParmaJon
Moose in a suit

Post by ParmaJon »

I would love to but I have no idea how to :(
Go to bed

Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

ParmaJon wrote:I would love to but I have no idea how to :(
That's totally ok man C: Someone will come around eventually to help its so close to being finished XD Just need overworld music and final level music and title screen and work around for some of the double midpoints. XD *another hint* did a couple things with the overworld I think many people will be pleased with ;) XD Also anyone reading this when the final version is released don't expect anything mind blowing. A2MT's level design is from 2011 keep in mind this is the revival of a dead hack to un-zombify it if you will.

EDIT: I thought id ask the forum a question regarding the 2 levels with broken multi midpoints. Slippery floors and the Final Level are the levels in question and I need to know which of the 2 midpoints to remove from each level since they've already been inserted in slots that don't have working multi midpoints. If we leave em any casuals that haven't played A2MT and play without save states will be screwed over. I've tried linking em to the midpoint rooms but then they could just skip a chunk of the levels. Anyone that has played these levels, any feedback would be nice regarding which mid point from each should go. :) I may just leave the music as is since I don't know how to add custom music and I have literally zero custom tiles to work with for a title screen. ALL HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED! C:
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Kinda late here, but a directors commentary LP with you and someone who worked on the project might be a cool thing to do, for all the talkhaus projects.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

SAJewers wrote:

Kinda late here, but a directors commentary LP with you and someone who worked on the project might be a cool thing to do, for all the talkhaus projects.
That sounds fantastic SAJ got one good update left and the games done too C: Just running through it again testing everything to make sure it all works and it should be good to go. A2MT will finally be done once and for all soon :lol: :)
Rejnka

Re: A2MT Complete IT'S FINALLY DONE! UPDATE 1.6 IS OUT!

Post by Rejnka »

Am I the only one who finds someone with Rin Satsuki as their avatar finishing up a project that never came to be strangely fitting? Actually, since nobody has said it yet, probably so far, but still.
raocow

Post by raocow »

wow. I'd never think we'd see the day :shock:
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused
First name: Tom

Post by QubicTom »

A fixed A2MT? No way! No way!
Gonna check this out right now :D
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

Wowwwie! Great job! What emulator(s) will this work on? Is it like ZSNES/SNES9x 1.51 or all?
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

A fully complete A2MT? (Not to be confused with AM2R.) Nice. I may have to go through this (with much save state abuse, because seriously, this hack) to update the SPC set of it I made way back when. Though I'm mostly curious as to how much "cut content" was restored.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

Well, I'm 17 exits in and have only experienced minor text related issues with the NPCs in level one on console. Things are looking up!
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

aterraformer wrote:Well, I'm 17 exits in and have only experienced minor text related issues with the NPCs in level one on console. Things are looking up!
Yea I tested everything on zsnes. Thanks man I appreciate it I put a lot of time into it XD Can you verify if the Secret.zip folder requires a password or if it just opens. Also there should be 91 exits in A2MT for a point of reference C:
Last edited by Tobi555 7 years ago, edited 2 times in total.