(shouting)

A2MT Complete! 1.9.5 Released!

wanna make a game, or anything else? seminal bloom!
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Re: A2MT Complete! 1.9.2 Released!

Post by Tobi555 »

Wyatt wrote:I've been playing a2mt, here's some bug reports:

-In ice the 3rd sublevel (the ice one) of Phase Out, there's a landmass that's not filled in properly
-Some of the rocks in the Green Switch Palace (color room) have messed up collision, can swim through ceilings and get trapped above them until you get crushed
-Dodge The Beefsteak is supposed to have level-specific graphics where the banzai bills look like steak. (Anyone still have the original graphic for this?)
-A lot of paths are messed up. For example I got to betrayal rock, and it automatically unlocked the path back to land of illusions, even though I'd never unlocked land of illusions
-When you game over, if you choose "continue", the game puts you back where you were when you turned on the game and overwrites your save. This is a really big deal! If I didn't compulsively save state after every level, I would've had to redo the entirety of moon world! Don't know how hard this is to fix. We can always just disable the continue/end screen, since progress is saved properly as long as you don't get to that screen and hit continue.
Ok here goes:

-I'll check this one out (FIXED, don't know how that one got by me XD)
-Same for this one (for this one are you talking about the collision on the layer 2 crushers? If so there's honestly no way I know how to "fix" that one without messing up the integrity of the level)
-Checked the ENTIRE forum for A2MT for those graphics and i found them but the file was lost to time
-The path's that are open are intentional for multiple reasons, 1 cuz the ASM for unlocking multiple path's is a pain in the ass and 2 they we're supposed to be considered bonus levels anyways if you check the old forums, and 3 there's some conflicting ASM when it comes to event's so I don't even wanna go near that :)
-I'll see what I can do

Thanks for the reports Wyatt I'm check off this list as I fix them :D Hope your still enjoying A2MT your 3 world's away from being done :P
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

Wyatt wrote:-Dodge The Beefsteak is supposed to have level-specific graphics where the banzai bills look like steak. (Anyone still have the original graphic for this?)
Hah. I was wondering what, other than the name being a reference to one of Oyster's infamous Vip stage "translations", the point of naming that stage "Dodge the Beefsteak" was. Shame the "beefsteak" graphics never got included.
Wyatt wrote:I think I'm the one who allowed this level to be in the game in this state. I'm so sorry

By the way, there's a hidden mushroom in the midpoint room, so you actually can get to that underwater part big and just tank your way through it. But yeah I beat the level savestateless and went through the underwater part like 20 times and never could get through it without taking a hit. Easily the stupidest obstacle in the game out of the ~6 worlds I've played so far
I never found the mushroom/beat/whatever. Huh. That would've made a big difference. Honestly, though, either the firebar or the thwomp should ideally be removed. It's too much to have to dodge four different heavily RNG-dependent obstacles while *also* underwater.

Interestingly, watching raocow's video of the stage during his "Zombie A2MT" run, it looks like it saw a bunch of random changes between then and now. I seem to recall the mid-point leading right to the second area when I played, but in raocow's video, it started him in a small room with a mushroom, allowing him to tank a hit at the trouble spot. Also, there were a few graphical differences (those "windows" aren't solid in the final, but they are in the video), and in the final, the black "water" in the boss fight is instant death, whereas it was just water when raocow played. And, of course, you can now *get* the chest in the final, because the transition to the final room was changed to a pipe, so you can take the key with you.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

Next bug fix update will have an updated version of The Meaning of Sharp and Mansion of OnOffness edited by the creator.
Wyatt wrote:stuff
Also, I tested the Game Over thing but no continue prompt pops up for me it just sends me to the menu and I choose file and all my exits and collections are there. Maybe I'm missing something?
Last edited by Tobi555 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

Just got to "Something to do with Layer 2", and it uses the broken, unsampled track 55. It should use track 61... or at least, that's what it used when raocow played it.

Moists:

Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

YelseyKing wrote:Just got to "Something to do with Layer 2", and it uses the broken, unsampled track 55. It should use track 61... or at least, that's what it used when raocow played it.
Broken? It works just fine for me, what's happening to you

EDIT: it's also using the same song that played during raocow's run of Zombie A2MT, track 61 shouldn't be a carbon copy of 55. Can anyone else confirm if this is happening with them?
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

Tobi555 wrote:
YelseyKing wrote:Just got to "Something to do with Layer 2", and it uses the broken, unsampled track 55. It should use track 61... or at least, that's what it used when raocow played it.
Broken? It works just fine for me, what's happening to you

EDIT: it's also using the same song that played during raocow's run of Zombie A2MT, track 61 shouldn't be a carbon copy of 55. Can anyone else confirm if this is happening with them?
Well, for me, it's playing a broken version of Silent Labyrinth from Live-A-Live (the aforementioned track 55). The one it uses in raocow's LP is track 61, the Tarm Ruins music from Oracle of Seasons.

Edit: No, I'm wrong. I just checked raocow's LP... and it does indeed use that same broken song. Hum. I'll have to look into this some and find out where I got track 61/Tarm Ruins from in association with that stage.

Edit 2: I knew I wasn't crazy. I found it in one of the "fish market" ROMs, and it's using track 61. Whether it was intended or not, I don't know, but that version of Silent Labyrinth sounds awful, so...
Last edited by YelseyKing 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Moists:

Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

YelseyKing wrote: Well, for me, it's playing a broken version of Silent Labyrinth from Live-A-Live (the aforementioned track 55). The one it uses in raocow's LP is track 61, the Tarm Ruins music from Oracle of Seasons.

Edit: No, I'm wrong. I just checked raocow's LP... and it does indeed use that same broken song. Hum. I'll have to look into this some and find out where I got track 61/Tarm Ruins from in association with that stage.
Is anything crashing or breaking for you?
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

Tobi555 wrote:
YelseyKing wrote: Well, for me, it's playing a broken version of Silent Labyrinth from Live-A-Live (the aforementioned track 55). The one it uses in raocow's LP is track 61, the Tarm Ruins music from Oracle of Seasons.

Oh no, nothing like that. It's just some bad instrumentation. I'm not sure if it's *supposed* to sound like that, but it definitely doesn't sound *good*.

Moists:

Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

YelseyKing wrote:
Tobi555 wrote:

Oh no, nothing like that. It's just some bad instrumentation. I'm not sure if it's *supposed* to sound like that, but it definitely doesn't sound *good*.
I think I know why it was changed but this is speculation, in the early overworld version raocow played it crashed for him due to music issues, perhaps it was using 61 but it made the level crash so it was switched to 55. It's the only level with it :P I thought something broke for you :lol:
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

Tobi555 wrote:I think I know why it was changed but this is speculation, in the early overworld version raocow played it crashed for him due to music issues, perhaps it was using 61 but it made the level crash so it was switched to 55. It's the only level with it :P I thought something broke for you :lol:
It's possible. Oddly, the one I found it in was the ROM with Extraordinary Flip Notes, but it might be in a few others, as well. That clears that mystery up at least, I guess.

Moists:

Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

YelseyKing wrote:
Tobi555 wrote:I think I know why it was changed but this is speculation, in the early overworld version raocow played it crashed for him due to music issues, perhaps it was using 61 but it made the level crash so it was switched to 55. It's the only level with it :P I thought something broke for you :lol:
It's possible. Oddly, the one I found it in was the ROM with Extraordinary Flip Notes, but it might be in a few others, as well. That clears that mystery up at least, I guess.
How many palaces are you through? I'm eager to see what people think of Kshaard's final world theme and raocow's map :P
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

Tobi555 wrote:
YelseyKing wrote:
How many palaces are you through? I'm eager to see what people think of Kshaard's final world theme and raocow's map :P
I finished the entirety of the main overworld, and I'm most of the way through the cave/forest/valley/whatever map now. Haven't touched the moon or volcano maps yet. Only completed one Switch Palace. I'll get there. :P

Moists:

Jongseok

Post by Jongseok »

YelseyKing wrote:
New A2MT SPC set
Here : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7eAs ... XdqSzVKNjg
Track 61 is not sampled. Bank Sample Require? No - in txt file
Araragi Marisa's Anime List: MAL List
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

Jongseok wrote:New A2MT SPC set
Here : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7eAs ... XdqSzVKNjg
Track 61 is not sampled. Bank Sample Require? No - in txt file
Ahh. Much better. Thanks.

Track 61 was never problematic. I just brought it up because I remembered it being used in a stage that it wasn't. :P

Moists:

Jongseok

Post by Jongseok »

Tobi555 wrote:
Would you change my name on the credit?
Jongseok -> SMario12(Jongseok)
Because SMario12 is more frendly. Jongseok is my real name so...
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

Jongseok wrote:
Tobi555 wrote:
Would you change my name on the credit?
Jongseok -> SMario12(Jongseok)
Because SMario12 is more frendly. Jongseok is my real name so...
Yes, next update I will :)
Jongseok

Post by Jongseok »

Do you want to patch Windowing fade out-in?
Wyatt

Post by Wyatt »

Tobi555 wrote:Also, I tested the Game Over thing but no continue prompt pops up for me it just sends me to the menu and I choose file and all my exits and collections are there. Maybe I'm missing something?
Have you been loading from a save state every time you boot up the game? You only get continue data if you load your file from the in-game menu. Try getting two game overs in a row, see if that gives you the continue screen
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

Wyatt wrote:
Tobi555 wrote:Also, I tested the Game Over thing but no continue prompt pops up for me it just sends me to the menu and I choose file and all my exits and collections are there. Maybe I'm missing something?
Have you been loading from a save state every time you boot up the game? You only get continue data if you load your file from the in-game menu. Try getting two game overs in a row, see if that gives you the continue screen
I got the continue screen now, do we need ASM to remove the continue screen? If your sure the issue lies in the game reverting you back to the game start up spot for that session triggered by the continue screen then it's an issue to keep it, it shouldn't change the way the game saves if you get a game over without it though right?
Wyatt

Post by Wyatt »

Tobi555 wrote:I got the continue screen now, do we need ASM to remove the continue screen? If your sure the issue lies in the game reverting you back to the game start up spot for that session triggered by the continue screen then it's an issue to keep it, it shouldn't change the way the game saves if you get a game over without it though right?
Yeah that's the issue, if you hit end or turn off the game before you game over then everything saves fine. Obviously the best fix would be to have it store the right info on the continue screen but that could be more effort than it's worth.

Also while people are updating levels here's a better version of my level (red switch palace). Changes:
-No more red switch blocks since this is the red switch palace so they can never be solid (this is the whole reason I redid the level)
-More minimalist color palette
-No powerup
-No goopas
-Toned down the two parts everyone hated (low ceiling single block jump, "undodgeable" gas bubble)
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

You know... I'm sure Tobi is pretty burned out on the project right now, but in the future, it may not be a bad idea to go over A2MT as a whole and tweak things here and there, making a sort of "lite" version for those who want to play the game, but don't want to experience the hair-pulling frustration in the more difficult areas. Basically, extra blocks/platforms/powerups, fewer/different enemies (seriously, A2MT is absolutely oversaturated with Thwomps (made more difficult because you can never tell what *kind* they are at first glance), Baseball Chucks, kicking Koopas, and Lava Lotuses), higher time limits (or just remove the timer entirely), other things like that.

Mind, this sort of thing should be released as a *separate* project, not a *replacement* of the original, so if anyone *wants* the tougher "original" version, it would still be an option.

Also...
Wyatt wrote:-No more red switch blocks since this is the red switch palace so they can never be solid (this is the whole reason I redid the level)
Hah. I just finished the Red Switch Palace, and wondered exactly why those patently unfillable red block outlines were even *there*.

I like that you can choose which color switch you want to press each time you reach a Switch Palace, incidentally. Nice touch.

Moists:

Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Re: A2MT Complete! 1.9.3 Released!

Post by Tobi555 »

YelseyKing wrote:You know... I'm sure Tobi is pretty burned out on the project right now
Yea I've been working on this non stop for over 6 months. I got enough in me for 1 more bug fix/revision update right now and then that's it for a long while and I mean it this time. The "continue" issue will have to wait I'll implement the switch palace revision then do a 1.9.3 and then put this project on hold for awhile. I'm unbelievably tired and burned out :lol:

EDIT: It's out with those updated levels and a few minor fixes from feedback and from what I've found, unless it's game breaking or level breaking I'm going to be done with updates for now, I'm way to burnt out. I hope you all understand.
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

Is "No Secret Exit Here" supposed to have two exits that both lead nowhere?

Also, outside chance, but... does anyone have a ROM with, or can provide an SPC of, the original version of the final stage theme (with the bit from the lava map from ASMT)? It's technically already in the SPC set, but isn't quite at the first note. I'm somewhat picky about that. :P

Moists:

Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

YelseyKing wrote:Is "No Secret Exit Here" supposed to have two exits that both lead nowhere?

Also, outside chance, but... does anyone have a ROM with, or can provide an SPC of, the original version of the final stage theme (with the bit from the lava map from ASMT)? It's technically already in the SPC set, but isn't quite at the first note. I'm somewhat picky about that. :P
Normal exit leads nowhere but secret exit opens a path after Smouldering Stones after you beat both of those stages.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

a whole 'modernised' version of a2mt to make it a more fun experience would be pretty amazing, but yeah that shouldn't be something for tobi's shoulders to bear, haha
the chillaxest of dragonsImage