(shouting)

A2MT Complete! 1.9.5 Released!

wanna make a game, or anything else? seminal bloom!
Lem_Gambino

Re: A2MT Complete! 1.9.5 Released!

Post by Lem_Gambino »

Yeah, I'm not sure what the deal was, but I don't think SNES9x was treating the foreground layers right. Might have to fiddle with that because I don't like using ZSNES. ^^;;
Quarium
Monster Girl Fiend!
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Quarium »

Is the link to this completely gone now? I downloaded the "finished" version recently that has all the things working and in place and deleted this one but some exits seem to not work correctly on that one and one stage (undermoore Passage) softlocks itself so now I only have this fancier but non-working A2MT and I want back :(
Smibbix
ah yes i see

Post by Smibbix »

Quarium wrote: 4 years ago Is the link to this completely gone now? I downloaded the "finished" version recently that has all the things working and in place and deleted this one but some exits seem to not work correctly on that one and one stage (undermoore Passage) softlocks itself so now I only have this fancier but non-working A2MT and I want back :(
Been wondering this too.
Best Quotes:
raocow wrote: 13 years ago One day I'll master time travel so I can kill myself before I do the cat planet video, time paradox be damned.
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

Hi, is there a lunar IPS patch for this still available?

Or is there anyone who has it?

help me raocooow

:demo: :iris: :science: :pily: :pandamona: :calleoca: :mishi:
Trouble with a capital COW.

<math>\tan{A}\sin{N}</math>
Jongseok

Post by Jongseok »

Chdata wrote: 4 years ago Hi, is there a lunar IPS patch for this still available?

Or is there anyone who has it?

help me raocooow

:demo: :iris: :science: :pily: :pandamona: :calleoca: :mishi:
Here it is! readme and b-side are not included..
link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1otDiv ... GJyNbMbOLG
Araragi Marisa's Anime List: MAL List
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

Thanks much!
Trouble with a capital COW.

<math>\tan{A}\sin{N}</math>
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

Chdata wrote: 4 years agoThanks much!
A semi-finisheder version is here.
B-side is over here.

Now go back to being inactive.

Disarray! I'm psychic, I knew you'd insert this patch. /injokes
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
andymiira

Post by andymiira »

Quarium wrote: 4 years ago Is the link to this completely gone now? I downloaded the "finished" version recently that has all the things working and in place and deleted this one but some exits seem to not work correctly on that one and one stage (undermoore Passage) softlocks itself so now I only have this fancier but non-working A2MT and I want back :(
Is this "finished version" you mentioned the same one that KobaBeach shared here some weeks ago? (the C3 Release)
I'm playing the C3 Release version, and I'm also stuck at Undermoore Passage.
By "softlocks itself", did you mean that area with the grey destructible blocks, that aren't being destroyed?

https://youtu.be/yVHKSCqYPHw?t=900
In the C3 version I'm playing, those grey blocks are indestructible.

The exact same issue is happening to the two green blocks near the end of The Gelatin Factory, and it's blocking a Parrot Coin there.
https://youtu.be/QeDFT-SU4z8?t=544
andymiira

Post by andymiira »

Another bug I just bumped into: (in C3 Release)

I was playing the "Game Boy Switch Palace" level, I made it to the room with the Game Boy Color.
But after I touch it and the color palette changes to GBC, the room's scroll isn't enabled.
So, I can't continue the level :(
Jongseok

Post by Jongseok »

andymiira wrote: 4 years ago Another bug I just bumped into: (in C3 Release)

I was playing the "Game Boy Switch Palace" level, I made it to the room with the Game Boy Color.
But after I touch it and the color palette changes to GBC, the room's scroll isn't enabled.
So, I can't continue the level :(
Actually, C3 version is not for official release. It is not a stable version. Its purpose is to show that is playable on the accurate emulator. If you want to play without troubles, I suggest you playing 1.9.5 version.
andymiira

Post by andymiira »

Jongseok wrote: 4 years ago Actually, C3 version is not for official release. It is not a stable version. Its purpose is to show that is playable on the accurate emulator. If you want to play without troubles, I suggest you playing 1.9.5 version.
Strange, the SMWC page for this describes as if this is supposed to be the official release of A2MT:
https://smwc.me/1473986

Anyway, is there a chance of someone making a new update for the game, fixing those bugs? So the full game could be playable on accurate emulators.
I chose to play the C3 version because it seemed to me as the most complete/updated version of A2MT.
Compared to 1.9.5, there are some music updates in this version, features like the level author credits, and other game improvements.

I played almost all the levels from C3 version, and those bugs I posted above were the only serious bugs I encountered thus far.

I also thought of temporarily loading my save in an earlier version of A2MT (tried this with 1.9.5, and the 2017 SNES version), clearing the levels there, then go back to C3. But it seems the saves are not compatible between versions. And I really didn't want to start all over :(
AWMonopolyMan

Post by AWMonopolyMan »

The 1.9.5 version (at least from what I could find at the time), had the exact same Undermoore Passage problem, the only version that didn’t seem to have that problem, was a version that Qubictom LP’ed otherwise, everything afterwards seems to break in one way or another, another one that I found that isn’t really mentioned, the overworld path for Dancing with Shells (or Dances with Shells), doesn’t work either (which from what I could tell, was meant to lead to Undermoore Passage), the C3 version is the “closest” to basically being complete, but even that’s broken, people just want a version with no game breaking flaws that looks like the C3 version.
Jongseok

Post by Jongseok »

andymiira wrote: 4 years ago Anyway, is there a chance of someone making a new update for the game, fixing those bugs? So the full game could be playable on accurate emulators.
I chose to play the C3 version because it seemed to me as the most complete/updated version of A2MT.
Compared to 1.9.5, there are some music updates in this version, features like the level author credits, and other game improvements.

I played almost all the levels from C3 version, and those bugs I posted above were the only serious bugs I encountered thus far.
Yes, there is a post on SMWC C3 forum, but this C3 version even can't be downloaded as you can see. What's certain is that the C3 version failed to register in the official SMW Hacks section because it is also unstable.Then, let's talk about 1.9.x ver, any bug reports have been reported since late 2018 on this forum. Therefore, we(maybe only me) think this project has come to a realistic end. Sadly, the download link is disappeared. I don't know why but..... At least, I can't touch this game. It's a miracle that we've come all this way..
How did you get a C3 ver anyway??
andymiira

Post by andymiira »

Ah, I understand it now. Thanks for the info.
Jongseok wrote: 4 years ago Sadly, the download link is disappeared. I don't know why but..... At least, I can't touch this game. It's a miracle that we've come all this way..
How did you get a C3 ver anyway??
I got the C3 version (and other A2MT versions) from SMWDB.
andymiira

Post by andymiira »

I just finished playing A2MT C3 version. Boy, that was such a great experience.
I particularly liked it more than ASMT. :D
Kudos to all the people who made (and revived) this game <3 <3 <3

Disclaimer: I played A2MT with savestates most of the time. xD
Even so, I had much fun playing all the game's levels!

I hacked my way through those 3 glitches that were blocking my progress, using some SMW Game Genie cheats in ZSNES. (reminder: grey blocks on Undermoore Passage, green blocks on The Gelatin Factory, and Game Boy Palace scroll issue)
Then, I played all the rest of A2MT's levels. The final level in the C3 patch is "further over there...", I guess?

I got all 84 treasures and Parrot Coin sets (with much help from QubicTom's videos <3), and 106 exits (the game has 108 exits, from what was described on C3's page, is that right?)
I think there were two exits that didn't change anything on the map (one from Dancing With Shells as reported by AWMonopolyMan, and I don't remember the other one). Maybe those ones didn't count.
I did skip Game Boy Palace by spawning an end of level orb, but that exit counted. Then, I activated the green [ ! ] blocks using another Game Genie code.

Other than that, there were some (very) few minor glitches that happened during my playthrough. (I made a list, if anyone's interested)
But in the end, those 3 major glitches were the only ones I had a problem with. I think if A2MT had a new update, fixing those ones should be the priority.

Wrapping up, aside from those major glitches, I found the C3 version pretty stable (like, an almost finished A2MT).
It seemed to me it just needs a *little* bit more of polish, to truly finish the project. :rao:
andymiira

Post by andymiira »

I got B-side from that "a2mt complete works.rar", but when I play the level, something weird is happening:
I press Select to trigger B-side's intro. Then, after the intro, instead of warping Demo to the main level, she's being warped to the final room with the game's ending (even on ZSNES) :ehh:
Does this also happen to you?

EDIT: Managed to load B-side by using this other patch
Also works on "bsnes (Balanced)" core in RetroArch, after patching!
alexis

Post by alexis »

andymiira wrote: 4 years ago I just finished playing A2MT C3 version. Boy, that was such a great experience.
I particularly liked it more than ASMT. :D
Kudos to all the people who made (and revived) this game <3 <3 <3

Disclaimer: I played A2MT with savestates most of the time. xD
Even so, I had much fun playing all the game's levels!

I hacked my way through those 3 glitches that were blocking my progress, using some SMW Game Genie cheats in ZSNES. (reminder: grey blocks on Undermoore Passage, green blocks on The Gelatin Factory, and Game Boy Palace scroll issue)
Then, I played all the rest of A2MT's levels. The final level in the C3 patch is "further over there...", I guess?

I got all 84 treasures and Parrot Coin sets (with much help from QubicTom's videos <3), and 106 exits (the game has 108 exits, from what was described on C3's page, is that right?)
I think there were two exits that didn't change anything on the map (one from Dancing With Shells as reported by AWMonopolyMan, and I don't remember the other one). Maybe those ones didn't count.
I did skip Game Boy Palace by spawning an end of level orb, but that exit counted. Then, I activated the green [ ! ] blocks using another Game Genie code.

Other than that, there were some (very) few minor glitches that happened during my playthrough. (I made a list, if anyone's interested)
But in the end, those 3 major glitches were the only ones I had a problem with. I think if A2MT had a new update, fixing those ones should be the priority.

Wrapping up, aside from those major glitches, I found the C3 version pretty stable (like, an almost finished A2MT).
It seemed to me it just needs a *little* bit more of polish, to truly finish the project. :rao:
How did you get the parrot coin of the undermoore Passage level? and what are the game genies you say?
Jongseok

Post by Jongseok »

alexis wrote: 2 years ago How did you get the parrot coin of the undermoore Passage level? and what are the game genies you say?
About Parrot coins in Undermoore Passage: To get each parrot coin, you have to solve each corresponding puzzle.
Game Genie code is used in only SNES Emulators. It's a cheat code in SNES.
alexis

Post by alexis »

Jongseok wrote: 2 years ago
alexis wrote: 2 years ago How did you get the parrot coin of the undermoore Passage level? and what are the game genies you say?
About Parrot coins in Undermoore Passage: To get each parrot coin, you have to solve each corresponding puzzle.
Game Genie code is used in only SNES Emulators. It's a cheat code in SNES.
Ohh thanks, what happens is that undermoore pasage is broken in the c3 version, so the blocks that break with the shells do not work correctly
Also the game boy switch level cannot be completed, that's why I was looking for the game genie to activate the green blocks