(shouting)

A2MT Complete! 1.9.5 Released!

wanna make a game, or anything else? seminal bloom!
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Re: A2MT Complete! 1.9.5 Released!

Post by Tobi555 »

Super Maks 64 wrote: 6 years ago The "serac" in A2MT looks nothing like the real Serac, but I could just change the boss' gfx to a random Bananasnake or something.
That's a good idea :) Or modifying the sprite to be a touhou character or something.
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

Years later, Nitori makes her way into the game after all. The Prophecy(TM) is fulfilled.
raocow wrote: I honestly think it's okay to keep the serac graphics. continuity is like the least important thing
We're actually trying to keep continuity slightly more solid going forward with A2XT2, but without getting into too much detail Serac is one of the few definite exceptions to that.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

Rockythechao wrote: 6 years ago Years later, Nitori makes her way into the game after all. The Prophecy(TM) is fulfilled.
raocow wrote: I honestly think it's okay to keep the serac graphics. continuity is like the least important thing
We're actually trying to keep continuity slightly more solid going forward with A2XT2, but without getting into too much detail Serac is one of the few definite exceptions to that.
Right, it just feels weird to me to just randomly have her show up without any context, since in A2XT is when Demo meets her for the first time. It's minor but it does break continuity.
Rixithechao

Post by Rixithechao »

oh yeah, I mean, feel free to change the boss. I'm just saying continuity in A2XT is becoming a bit more of a thing than it was in previous ASMT games but it's not too much of a concern when it comes to that character in particular.

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Super Maks 64
Just your usual SMW hacker
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Super Maks 64 »

Question: What ASM stuff was inserted in releases up to 1.9.5?

I'm working on this, it's just that I'm also doing something extra for this (some people may know what).
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

Super Maks 64 wrote: 6 years ago Question: What ASM stuff was inserted in releases up to 1.9.5?

I'm working on this, it's just that I'm also doing something extra for this (some people may know what).
No problem :) ASM-wise some missing ASM from Gameboy Switch palace and Punctuated Time was re-added, obviously the chest ASM was revised for the new chests, I believe the ASM for Demo Kong Country was a bit corrupt and would freeze the game so that was fixed, that's what comes to mind right now.

I'm curious what this "extra" something is :)
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused
First name: Tom

Post by QubicTom »

Hopefully in the next two weeks I'll be finished B-Side and the A2MT LP will be complete. But with all these little changes, should I update the version and show viewers some of the new stuff? Are there new levels inserted, or ASM fixed? Or different music inserted? I haven't been able to follow this thread closely, but I'd definitely like to see what the very latest A2MT is like :)
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

QubicTom wrote: 6 years ago Hopefully in the next two weeks I'll be finished B-Side and the A2MT LP will be complete. But with all these little changes, should I update the version and show viewers some of the new stuff? Are there new levels inserted, or ASM fixed? Or different music inserted? I haven't been able to follow this thread closely, but I'd definitely like to see what the very latest A2MT is like :)
There are some substantial changes as of right now but it's not finished yet so I'd hold off if it's gonna be two weeks :) When Mak's done I'll update the OP with a new link if he's alright with that, I'll also update the credits file when the time comes.
Super Maks 64

Post by Super Maks 64 »

Do you still have the revised ASM/patch for the chest system? (It's ok if you don't, that will just delay stuff, because I'll have to disassemble it instead)
Also do you have a list containing all of the chest text?
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

Super Maks 64 wrote: 6 years ago Do you still have the revised ASM/patch for the chest system? (It's ok if you don't, that will just delay stuff, because I'll have to disassemble it instead)
I don't have it but if anyone still has it, it might be Mario90, he revised the patch for me :)
TheMario90

Post by TheMario90 »

Super Maks 64 wrote: 6 years ago Do you still have the revised ASM/patch for the chest system? (It's ok if you don't, that will just delay stuff, because I'll have to disassemble it instead)
So I decided to check back here after a long while just in case something like came up since I did all those fixes and still have the files. So is it just the ASM stuff for the chests or do you need more?
Super Maks 64

Post by Super Maks 64 »

TheMario90 wrote: 6 years ago
So I decided to check back here after a long while just in case something like came up since I did all those fixes and still have the files. So is it just the ASM stuff for the chests or do you need more?
I would be happy if you gave me the chest ASM file, but other stuff you did may also be helpful.
I looked briefly at the chest code and it seems to have a few translevel checks to do different code (Wrathful Romp, Block Fort and one other), but I was too lazy to check the rest.
TheMario90

Post by TheMario90 »

Super Maks 64 wrote: 6 years ago I would be happy if you gave me the chest ASM file, but other stuff you did may also be helpful.
I looked briefly at the chest code and it seems to have a few translevel checks to do different code (Wrathful Romp, Block Fort and one other), but I was too lazy to check the rest.
Edit: I PM'd it to you.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Wait, hang on, why would Serac have to be removed?

Am I still the only one who remembers that ASMT and A2MT take place after the SMBX games? Y'know, "Prelude to the Stupid" and all?

Granted, A2XT's plot is so much wider in scope that you could argue that the SMBX games have displaced the originals, or serve as a soft reboot of some kind. But no matter how you slice it, there is no reality in which A2MT would take place before A2XT. Demo STILL meets her first in A2XT whether she's in A2MT or not.

Like, I don't think the continuity is too important, but if you're going to make changes to levels for continuity reasons, you should make sure you have that continuity right in the first place.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Rixithechao

Post by Rixithechao »

There's since been more debate about the series' chronology and I forget what the current consensus is or if we even reached a new consensus at all.

That being said, Tobi's version of A2MT has a different, ambiguously-canon plot since most of the original's was reworked into A2XT Episode 1. Also, the story of Ep. 2 is going to be fairly standalone aside from wrapping up the ending of Ep. 1, and without getting into too much detail the exact nature of the plot gives A2XT as a whole a decent amount of flexibility in where it can go in the timeline. There are going to be some continuity jokes, including references to A2MT, but they'll be done in ways that shouldn't require the SMW games to occur at specific places relative to the SMBX ones.

But yeah, I'm personally not particularly invested in Serac remaining in the game but her removal isn't really necessary either. Dunno if it matters at this point, though, she may be long gone by now.

Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

Honestly it doesn't matter that much to me, only that A2MT is back in the timeline XD
Super Maks 64

Post by Super Maks 64 »

But when does What the Hell take place?
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Super Maks 64 wrote: 6 years ago But when does What the Hell take place?
The last stance I was aware of was "before everything else".
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

Super Maks 64 wrote: 6 years ago But when does What the Hell take place?
It's been a good while since you talked about making a console compatible version of the project like you did for ASMT, how're things going? :)
Super Maks 64

Post by Super Maks 64 »

Err... an update

I'm sorry for taking such a long time with this update.

This is a big update, but it's still kinda unfinished (the title screen for example and the 2 treasures still don't have their graphics).
I didn't want to release stuff that isn't fully working, but for the last 4 days I rushed to get this into a state that would be somewhat good for a public release.

This version of A2MT is completely different from the previous ones, as this one is a complete redo using newer tools.
By the way, using all the things in the rar, you can build you own version of A2MT from just a clean SMW rom (or the base A2MT included).

I really would appreciate any bug reports about this version of A2MT. Also included is a Snes9x (I don't know if save files are compatible between emulators) 96% save file (everything is completed except for Switch Palaces), so you can easily check out every part of the game.

Also:
A2MT Update notes wrote:UPDATE 1.9.0 FIXES:
-Changed track for 2 levels with echo issue
Which levels were changed in this update?
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

woah, that is going way beyond the scope of what I expected when this started at first, wow.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

Super Maks 64 wrote: 6 years ago Err... an update

I'm sorry for taking such a long time with this update.

This is a big update, but it's still kinda unfinished (the title screen for example and the 2 treasures still don't have their graphics).
I didn't want to release stuff that isn't fully working, but for the last 4 days I rushed to get this into a state that would be somewhat good for a public release.

This version of A2MT is completely different from the previous ones, as this one is a complete redo using newer tools.
By the way, using all the things in the rar, you can build you own version of A2MT from just a clean SMW rom (or the base A2MT included).

I really would appreciate any bug reports about this version of A2MT. Also included is a Snes9x (I don't know if save files are compatible between emulators) 96% save file (everything is completed except for Switch Palaces), so you can easily check out every part of the game.

Also:
A2MT Update notes wrote:UPDATE 1.9.0 FIXES:
-Changed track for 2 levels with echo issue
Which levels were changed in this update?
Lakitrouble in Lakitundra and a sublevel in I Need A P!, the icy one. :) EDIT: Also the banana snake for the 00C boss goes one extra block higher after the laser goes off, which means he progressively gets higher after that attack.
Super Maks 64

Post by Super Maks 64 »

Tobi555 wrote: 6 years ago Lakitrouble in Lakitundra and a sublevel in I Need A P!, the icy one. :) EDIT: Also the banana snake for the 00C boss goes one extra block higher after the laser goes off, which means he progressively gets higher after that attack.
Huh, I thought that one of those levels was Woodchuck Woods, because its music is different from how it originally was.

While the Tank Boss is somewhat badly programmed and the snake can be misplaced vertically, it will however return to its original Y position upon the next resurfacing from the tank
Lem_Gambino

Post by Lem_Gambino »

Hello, I just downloaded this patch and attempted to play it, but I seem to be stuck on a black screen...I can still move, apparently, I can hear my character jumping and I can shift the camera, but I can't seem to do anything? I'm running SNES9x, not sure if that's affecting anything or not.

EDIT: Managed to get it to work in ZSNES.
Jongseok

Post by Jongseok »

Lem_Gambino wrote: 5 years ago Hello, I just downloaded this patch and attempted to play it, but I seem to be stuck on a black screen...I can still move, apparently, I can hear my character jumping and I can shift the camera, but I can't seem to do anything? I'm running SNES9x, not sure if that's affecting anything or not.

EDIT: Managed to get it to work in ZSNES.
Would you upload the screenshot?...
Hmm... I think you are in the first screen of the game.
Araragi Marisa's Anime List: MAL List