(shouting)

A2MT Complete! 1.9.5 Released!

wanna make a game, or anything else? seminal bloom!
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Re: A2MT Complete Almost (Only Chests left)! UPDATE 1.7 IS OUT!

Post by Tobi555 »

aterraformer wrote:
Tobi555 wrote:ALWAYS USE ZSNES for this game. :)
Excuse me?
Or console I guess XD It's just that Tom ran into music issues that are only present on snes9x so i have no idea if console will experience this C:
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused
First name: Tom

Post by QubicTom »

Tobi555 wrote:Attention everyone! Big announcement, A2MT 1.8 or the actual finished version of A2MT should be out in a couple days at the most assuming all goes well.
Awesome, I can't wait! :D

I may keep recording in Snes9x for a bit, and if there are any issues I'll switch to Zsnes for that level (the main reason is that everything is set up to record on Snes9x, I'm not even sure if dxtory will record Zsnes!). So far there has only been that one problem using a different emulator, which is amazing!!
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

QubicTom wrote:
Tobi555 wrote:Attention everyone! Big announcement, A2MT 1.8 or the actual finished version of A2MT should be out in a couple days at the most assuming all goes well.
Awesome, I can't wait! :D

I may keep recording in Snes9x for a bit, and if there are any issues I'll switch to Zsnes for that level (the main reason is that everything is set up to record on Snes9x, I'm not even sure if dxtory will record Zsnes!). So far there has only been that one problem using a different emulator, which is amazing!!
Yea it may only be music issues for Snes9x then.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

QubicTom wrote: (the main reason is that everything is set up to record on Snes9x, I'm not even sure if dxtory will record Zsnes!)
you can, but:
1- you need to cut off 19 pixels off the bottom (at least I do)
2- this may just be me, but zsnes screws up with my mic gain big time and I have to put it way low
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

Tobi555 wrote:
aterraformer wrote:
Tobi555 wrote:ALWAYS USE ZSNES for this game. :)
Excuse me?
Or console I guess XD It's just that Tom ran into music issues that are only present on snes9x so i have no idea if console will experience this C:
If Snes9x experiences those, console will too.

The problem is way too high echo in a track, so if you can use AddMusic on your ROM, you may want to correct the issue on a track QubicTom had an issue with.
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

GlitchMr wrote:The problem is way too high echo in a track, so if you can use AddMusic on your ROM, you may want to correct the issue on a track QubicTom had an issue with.
That's literally impossible, playing with this games music is like asking me to destroy the game. Not to mention the version this game used of AddMusic no longer exists and I would need every bit of music made for this game. Me and Mario90 made the decision that music is not changing and never will, its way to finnicky and costly to even remotely fix that for an emulator the game wasn't even designed for so in short...if you have any other issues you might wanna switch to zsnes XD
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

shoutouts SNES9x v1.51 or SNEX9x GX v4.1.5
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
Wyatt

Post by Wyatt »

Tobi555 wrote:
GlitchMr wrote:The problem is way too high echo in a track, so if you can use AddMusic on your ROM, you may want to correct the issue on a track QubicTom had an issue with.
That's literally impossible
I think I know how to fix this!

The echo in a smw music file is specified as 8 bytes, here's an example from one of my songs that's in the game:

Code: Select all

$EF $FF $10 $10 $F1 $04 $70 $00
I opened the a2mt rom in a hex editor and searched for these bytes, and they showed up exactly once:
Haven't tested this, but if you were to change these bytes manually in the hex editor, I bet that'd change the echo command. So if you have the txt files of the offending songs, it'll just be a matter of looking at their echo commands, searching the hex for those commands, and changing the 6th byte to 04 (that byte can't be higher than 04, that's what causes stuff to break).

Hope this helps, lemme know if I need to explain anything better. And thanks so much for your hard work Tobi, a2mt is important to me and I really appreciate that you've stepped up and finished it.
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

Wyatt wrote:And thanks so much for your hard work Tobi, a2mt is important to me and I really appreciate that you've stepped up and finished it.
Thanks Wyatt I couldn't have done it without Mario90. I'm sorry I couldn't use the rest of your music for the overworld or the final level the games just way to old. Also, we don't have the song's text file's in question. I wanna get the game out and done working for the emulator it was created in first. Never had an intention to make it work with anything else. I've poured 4 straight month's into this game and researching what's supposed to be fixed and what's not etc. XD I love your music btw glad quite a bit of it was used for A2MT and that the tracks that weren't used are in A2XT :)
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Bit late here, but I have tried importing all 8 or so A2MT original songs into SMW with the new AddMusicK, and they do import fine (once you add the #am4 and .bnk sample headers), however, challenge chiptune doesn't sound correct compared to Wyatt's YT video of it, and would need fixing.

The other songs I do believe sound correct (via the SPC it generates), though I haven't fully verified, and I also haven't tried any of the 80 or so other songs.

There's also the potential issue (that I think has been brought up) that none of the OW music was ever included in the Base ROM, however, all but three OW songs are in YelseyKing's RSN of the A2MT Music located here, though two appear to have never been ported (this snow theme and this beach theme). Since I believe there are now ways to decompile SPCs back into txt files, the only thing you're missing is the mountain OW theme.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

I'm sleep deprived and a moron who can't read, so: is or is not the final castle theme still in the game? ;_;
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

the tl;dr is that they are working on making it happen
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

TaviTurnip wrote:I'm sleep deprived and a moron who can't read, so: is or is not the final castle theme still in the game? ;_;
Wyatt wrote:stuff
SAJewers wrote:more stuff
Final castle theme has already been inserted currently we're going to get the overworld music inserted

Thanks Wyatt :D, there are 7 worlds but only 6 themes were made? Is the only thing missing "Final Destination" by SNN?

No need to worry about that SAJ, we plan on using an ASM patch to insert the music since Addmusic won't work with this game anymore, It's how we inserted the final castle theme and challenge chiptune is already in the game and used for the switch palaces as it was meant to :)
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Tobi555 wrote:Thanks Wyatt :D, there are 7 worlds but only 6 themes were made? Is the only thing missing "Final Destination" by SNN?
Looks like it.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

SAJewers wrote:
Tobi555 wrote:Thanks Wyatt :D, there are 7 worlds but only 6 themes were made? Is the only thing missing "Final Destination" by SNN?
Looks like it.
Thanks SAJ i've approached Wyatt to see if he would be willing to do an import of the song. :) I got 2 other things along with the overworld themes that's planned to be added: The Intro Music and Nezumi's Farm music.
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

Is music the only thing left to be inserted?

Huh.

What a crazy world we live in where A2MT is finished
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

Nin wrote:Is music the only thing left to be inserted?

Huh.

What a crazy world we live in where A2MT is finished
Yup all that's left is overworld music, title screen music, and music for 1 level that wasn't inserted :)
Kshaard
Dodo/
First name: mac5565
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Kshaard »

Here is my submitted overworld music. Hope it's good.
Attachments
a2mt music 2.zip
(32.88 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
This is someone's signature.

"I don't like that universe I just created by accident . . ."
raocow

Post by raocow »

so with this almost done....

would someone be interesting in cutting a really quick trailer to put up on the internet, as an official announcement ?
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

raocow wrote:so with this almost done....

would someone be interesting in cutting a really quick trailer to put up on the internet, as an official announcement ?
I don't have a way to make videos but once we get this music inserted, hopefully sooner rather than later, and tested I'll send test copies to whoever wants one and they can make a trailer if they so desire :) I may need to find someone else willing to insert music using ASM.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

I'm garbage tier at trailers/advertisement/video work and can't even pretend to offer help on this one.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

TaviTurnip wrote:I'm garbage tier at trailers/advertisement/video work and can't even pretend to offer help on this one.
That's fine I'll figure it out. I wanna focus on finishing the music insertion first anyways :)
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

UPDATE TIME: I'm looking for someone willing to commit to the following to help finish this project:

-Make an ASM patch outta music txt and spc files for overworld music, Title screen and 1 Level?

I need someone for this. We can't use Addmusic for it cuz of how old A2MT is so we're inserting what's left music wise using ASM patches.

There's 3 files that need to be converted from spc to txt. Please if anyone's willing to do this let me know! Also if your willing to take on this task I'll send you a copy of 1.8 to test the songs on. Remember to insert the songs into music slots that AREN'T taken :)
Wyatt

Post by Wyatt »

I made some trailer music for if anyone ends up making that release trailer