(shouting)

Virus Simulator: Revisited

wanna make a game, or anything else? seminal bloom!
Coryman
The road to nowhere leads to me
First name: Cory
Pronouns: he/him/his

Virus Simulator: Revisited

Post by Coryman »

The currently pointless game about infectious diseases!

No, this is not Plague Inc.

Basically, the game takes place in a bloodstream. You can place red or white blood cells, or pick from a growing list of viruses and bacteria (hopefully other stuff soon too!)
There is currently no point to the game, you simply play around with the tools available.

The eventual plan is to have a sort of non-sandbox mode, where you play either elimination or endurance. In elimination, you get points for every blood cell destroyed, and if you clear the level, you move onto the next, with an upgrade shop in there somewhere too. In endurance, you try to survive as long as possible with a slowly decreasing number of blood cells to infect.

Now for some screenshots!
https://gyazo.com/3e09ea1cc9378a6142e7162f42a77b0c
https://gyazo.com/8167a2ab64ae7da3d871b3c93143357b
https://gyazo.com/77e6a8d75436ff22fd5bb2d7c1c84e9c
(the images still aren't appearing in the preview...)

Download link (for the sandbox demo)

For anyone out there wanting to cheat, there may or may not be a password

Howdy!

to type in when you push c, and there may or may not be a cheat menu if you push p.... *cough cough*
raocow wrote: In a world where shag carpeting wins a fight against a helicopter, we spend a lot of time reading and comparing numbers.
Coryman

Re: Virus Simulator: Revisited

Post by Coryman »

So uh... Between business and laziness, not much has really been done development-wise, other than a couple minor changes to easter eggs that'll probably never be found anyways.
On the other hand, the demo's been released, so I guess the list of existing diseases technically has been too! If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to leave 'em here!
raocow wrote: In a world where shag carpeting wins a fight against a helicopter, we spend a lot of time reading and comparing numbers.
Coryman

Post by Coryman »

Bad news...
Got an English project due Monday and a Socials project due shortly after, so I'm gonna be booked for the week.
Also, I'm super inspired to make an Undertale-type RPG, and I'm thinking I might just adapt this game into an engine for fighting in it... Basically replace viruses with weapons and blood cells with HP. But again, that's gonna have to wait.
I might finish this game, I might just skip straight to the RPG, I don't really know
Coryman

Post by Coryman »

Huge bump 'cos I finally got around to working on this again!
I was up 'til midnight, then spent the entire morning on it, so arcade mode now exists! Details are in the help menu.
Download:
this bbcode is defined in bbcode.phpDropbox[/registered]