(shouting)

I Wanna Take On the Talkhaus (IWBTG Collab - Gathering Interest)

wanna make a game, or anything else? seminal bloom!
128-Up
Captain Aiwana
Pronouns: he/him/his

I Wanna Take On the Talkhaus (IWBTG Collab - Gathering Interest)

Post by 128-Up »

Who remembers I Wanna be the raocow? ...Well, I do. It doesn't seem to be going anywhere right now, so I figured maybe people might be interested in a more "simple" Talkhaus fangame.

In the vein of I Wanna be the Master, this will be a collaborative effort between anyone who wishes to participate. Each person who wants in will make a stage of their choosing (whether it be needle, trigger, gimmick, whatever as long as there's some platforming). In the main hub, people will be able to play any stage in any order.

I, of course, will be making a stage.

Stages would ideally be made in Game Maker 8.0 or 8.1, but if you don't have those, then more simplistic areas can be made in programs such as I Wanna Record My Jumps or J-Tool.
Or if you have Studio, send me the .exe of your stage and I'll do what I can to replicate it. Here's a Studio engine for you. I think it's still being worked on, but it should do the job nicely.

If anyone has any questions, or simply wants to participate, feel free to post!
Last edited by 128-Up 8 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
If Mario has taught me anything, it's that most things rely on whether there's something good in a nearby box.
Note: If something in the above post is done incorrectly, tell the poster as softly as possible, please.

128-Up's IWBTG Fangame Clear List
If you're wondering what on earth 'aiwana' is, click me!

Image <-- Click it!
Image Pokémon is hard.
Heraga

Re: I Wanna Take On the Talkhaus (IWBTG Collab - Gathering Interest)

Post by Heraga »

Ha, I was just talking about IWBTR with Mellon a few days ago. I don't own GM8/8.1. How much does it cost?
128-Up
Captain Aiwana

Post by 128-Up »

Nin wrote:Ha, I was just talking about IWBTR with Mellon a few days ago. I don't own GM8/8.1. How much does it cost?
Yoyo Games doesn't seem to have links for GM8.0/8.1 any more, so either get it from someone who has it or use one of the tools I referred to in the post.
If Mario has taught me anything, it's that most things rely on whether there's something good in a nearby box.
Note: If something in the above post is done incorrectly, tell the poster as softly as possible, please.

Image <-- Click it!
Image Pokémon is hard.
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

I assume they export out to GM8? If so, I'll try my hand at a level/make the hub.
128-Up
Captain Aiwana

Post by 128-Up »

They don't export to GM8, but I can easily remake them.
If they involve triggers or the like, tell me the specifics of them and I can use them.

As for the hub... that's my doing, thanks. :V

Image <-- Click it!
Image Pokémon is hard.
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

I Wanna Be The 1-1.
I wasn't sure if this was to easy/hard for a first level. It IS beatable. This was my first level. It doesn't use triggers or anything like it. Feel free to change it in any way.
128-Up
Captain Aiwana

Post by 128-Up »

Hmm... kinda death block heavy, don't you think? ^^;
Other than that, it is pretty easy. (Though that in itself is hardly a problem. If requested, I'll make it harder.)

Also, you can make your stage longer than 1 screen if you want.

Image <-- Click it!
Image Pokémon is hard.
ZephyrBurst
A Bird Cat
Pronouns: He

Post by ZephyrBurst »

If you haven't gone too far with the project, I'd suggest bringing it to GM:Studio as it has far more going for it than GM8.1. The standard version is available on the yoyogames site and is free to use. It doesn't carry the limitations it had before either.

Studio has more stability and tools (and is supported by yoyo games) than its predecessors.
128-Up
Captain Aiwana

Post by 128-Up »

ZephyrBurst wrote:If you haven't gone too far with the project, I'd suggest bringing it to GM:Studio as it has far more going for it than GM8.1. The standard version is available on the yoyogames site and is free to use. It doesn't carry the limitations it had before either.

Studio has more stability and tools (and is supported by yoyo games) than its predecessors.
The only real reason I haven't moved it to Studio is because Studio engines for this kind of thing are still being worked on, whereas the 8.1 ones are finished.

Image <-- Click it!
Image Pokémon is hard.
ZephyrBurst
A Bird Cat
Pronouns: He

Post by ZephyrBurst »

Ah I get ya. There's a lot of depreciated functions so porting isn't easy for something that already has a lot of code.
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

128-Up wrote:Hmm... kinda death block heavy, don't you think? ^^;
Other than that, it is pretty easy. (Though that in itself is hardly a problem. If requested, I'll make it harder.)

Also, you can make your stage longer than 1 screen if you want.
This was my first ever IWBTG level. Keep in mind I have never beaten the original IWBTG, so I'm not sure about difficulty and such. You can totally make it harder and stuff if you'd like.
128-Up
Captain Aiwana

Post by 128-Up »

If anything, I'd recommend making your stage longer, if possible.
And possibly making the screen you gave me a bit trickier.

Image <-- Click it!
Image Pokémon is hard.
mellonpizza
working
First name: pizza

Post by mellonpizza »

I suppose I can manually port it myself. However I do not know when I can since I have much to do and I don't even have a computer right now.
I'm not a YTPMV'er. My goal is towards learning music and eventually making my own content with what I like (in this case ponies). I'm still studying how music works and this is what I can do so far, so to all the ytpmv'ers out there: Please stop following my videos, cause I'm not interested in making chiptune music with your rules you set up on how to make YTPMV's. Also I'd appreciate if you guys would lay off bronies in the comment section, cause these are made for them and not for people who
128-Up
Captain Aiwana

Post by 128-Up »

...Thinking about it, I can probably replicate maps made in Studio into 8.0 which I have.
I doubt they'll be all that complicated, right?

I'll change the first post to accommodate that. (Yaaaay hindsight.)

Image <-- Click it!
Image Pokémon is hard.