(shouting)

super cat planet! (1.3d)

wanna make a game, or anything else? seminal bloom!
Mikkofier
What about Ron magic?
First name: Mikko J. Fuzzygrumbles
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: super cat planet! (1.1c)

Post by Mikkofier »

Giik wrote:
Mikkofier wrote:Can't get it to run.
Hmm. What happens when you try to run it? What OS are you using? Not sure what the problem is...
Using Windows 7. Nothing happens when I try to run it, it just starts loading endlessly and makes three CatPlanetSuper.exe *32 processes appear in task manager
supercatplanetTaskmanager.JPG
supercatplanetTaskmanager.JPG (10.73 KiB) Viewed 11904 times
that can't be closed.
Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.
-Kurt Vonnegut
Context-free Supper Mario Broth Roulette! NOTE: Potential Jumpscare warning!
Avatar source (for most of them).
Giik

Post by Giik »

Mikkofier wrote:
Giik wrote:
Mikkofier wrote:Can't get it to run.
Hmm. What happens when you try to run it? What OS are you using? Not sure what the problem is...
Using Windows 7. Nothing happens when I try to run it, it just starts loading endlessly and makes three CatPlanetSuper.exe *32 processes appear in task manager
supercatplanetTaskmanager.JPG
that can't be closed.
Alright. The only solution I could find was turning off antivirus while compiling, so hopefully this works.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/288 ... 201.1d.zip
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

BUT

BUT

AAAAAAAAAA!?!?!?

I mean, after finding the first one (over the wall in the village), I pretty much spent the entire rest of the game searching every screen for potential secrets and pressing against every wall for possible hidden pathways, especially if a screen didn't have much going on otherwise. I have no idea what else to do.

But perhaps I should ask whether they unlock some kind of secret-something or not (other than a painting in that little gallery, presumably). Because if not then I guess there's no reason to bother searching for them.
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
Mikkofier
What about Ron magic?
First name: Mikko J. Fuzzygrumbles

Post by Mikkofier »

Game runs when I run it in Avast Sandbox, but that means I can't save.
Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.
-Kurt Vonnegut
Context-free Supper Mario Broth Roulette! NOTE: Potential Jumpscare warning!
Avatar source (for most of them).
sylvie
Pronouns: she/her

Post by sylvie »

About secrets....

You do unlock something neat if you get all the strange cats. Some of them are absurdly difficult to find though. I only found the last two I needed by mapping out the areas, and using Cheat Engine to teleport into grid spaces I hadn't reached to see if something was there. And I reached 8 hours or so of playtime before I gave up and started cheating. I wouldn't recommend trying to find them if you aren't prepared to go to such lengths......

There's another cheaty thing you can do if you're desperate that's easier than using Cheat Engine, but I didn't think of it until I was only missing one cat. [ispoiler]If you open the "data.win" file from the game's folder in a text editor, there's a section which contains all the dialogue in the game in plain text, and it's grouped by area. By looking for dialogue lines in the style of the strange cats, you can get a rough idea of how many strange cats are in each area, which makes searching easier. You'll spoil some unrelated things for yourself if you do this, though![/ispoiler]
LOC

Post by LOC »

omg this game is so good (seriously, publish it somewhere else, it's top quality o-o get it popular enough to warrant a sequel plzorz) but there should be a map that tells you how many black cats u have left to find in each of the 9 areas (lava, jungle, mushrooms, etc.) kinda like with the maiamai in albw! this way you're not COMPLETELY leaping in the dark so i think that's pretty diddly-damn-doodily-boo-ba biddle-bee dandy! ;3 still have 7 black cats left and NO IDEA where to look. btw i'm just gonna paste a pm i sent to sylvie in case anyone else out here can help me with this too:

not to flip your can0lie or anything but about thoze secrets chap. could you copy/paste that whole "data.win" folder in this PM please? i have a mac so it just comes up as gibberish ("FORM2‰áGEN8‹OPTN@ÄEXTNê¥‰") etc...

-_o why did i trade in a family relic for this craptop

well anyways ye
or just tell me the locations of the secret cats via general describation...

THANKS INDIVIDUAL(s)! :D

as a pre-thanks i'll give you the secret cure to headaches...

i basicaly just say "Bibiano bibiano jesus cristo found you. Bibiano bibiano please take this pain of head away to a pecker's door."
then repeat that 3 times
then go "SHWOO SHWOO SHWOO" with your hands and whisk the headache away
:>
i usually whisk it into a large container of water
then dont go near that container of water
just throw it away
or if you want to give the headache to someone else offer them a cup of that migraine headache water
:3

--

SEQUEL
SEQUEL
SEQUEL
!!
Giik

Post by Giik »

LOC wrote:
omg this game is so good (seriously, publish it somewhere else, it's top quality o-o get it popular enough to warrant a sequel plzorz) but there should be a map that tells you how many black cats u have left to find in each of the 9 areas (lava, jungle, mushrooms, etc.) kinda like with the maiamai in albw! this way you're not COMPLETELY leaping in the dark so i think that's pretty diddly-damn-doodily-boo-ba biddle-bee dandy! ;3 still have 7 black cats left and NO IDEA where to look. btw i'm just gonna paste a pm i sent to sylvie in case anyone else out here can help me with this too:

not to flip your can0lie or anything but about thoze secrets chap. could you copy/paste that whole "data.win" folder in this PM please? i have a mac so it just comes up as gibberish ("FORM2‰áGEN8‹OPTN@ÄEXTNê¥‰") etc...

-_o why did i trade in a family relic for this craptop

well anyways ye
or just tell me the locations of the secret cats via general describation...

THANKS INDIVIDUAL(s)! :D

as a pre-thanks i'll give you the secret cure to headaches...

i basicaly just say "Bibiano bibiano jesus cristo found you. Bibiano bibiano please take this pain of head away to a pecker's door."
then repeat that 3 times
then go "SHWOO SHWOO SHWOO" with your hands and whisk the headache away
:>
i usually whisk it into a large container of water
then dont go near that container of water
just throw it away
or if you want to give the headache to someone else offer them a cup of that migraine headache water
:3

--

SEQUEL
SEQUEL
SEQUEL
!!
Thanks for playing!
And yeah, I may have made the strange cats a little too difficult to find. I thought I put enough hints around (even if that hint was "this screen is suspiciously empty" or "this sort of thing only appears once in the game") but apparently not, since I only know 2 people that have found all of the strange cats, and both of them used cheats.
If I ever update it I'll probably add more hints for the strange cats, as well as a button in the jungle to reveal signposts so it's not so annoying to navigate.
And probably a level editor.
Rejnka

Post by Rejnka »

super cat planet is fun, but there's one big problem. Despite how happy and fun the game usually is, the controls are just too slippery for how tight-packed the harder (especially in the factory factory factory!) levels are.
Giik

Post by Giik »

Rejnka wrote:super cat planet is fun, but there's one big problem. Despite how happy and fun the game usually is, the controls are just too slippery for how tight-packed the harder (especially in the factory factory factory!) levels are.
If I could make the physics tighter I would, but they're replicating the original cat planet's physics so nope! A lot of the game is designed around the slippery physics anyway (both for flow and difficulty lol!)

If I ever make that level editor I'll probably add a modifier for the physics and stuff so you can have higher horizontal friction and less bounciness and whatever.

also 1.2!! Patchnotes are in the OP. I think switchspike hell is easier now, I can't tell though. I'm desensitized to the difficulty in this.
Windtalker55

Re: super cat planet! (1.2)

Post by Windtalker55 »

Hi, I would like to request help with the secrets
I have found many things, I had 7 cats left, but I restarted the game to try and beat it in 15 minutes. I had tried looking for clues in the dialog, but that did not help too much, but only made more questions. For instance, I didn't know there were hidden costumes. I decided that it would be best to map out the entire game as best I could, and I have spent several hours working on that. In the process, however, I did find two hidden cloths items. One thing that is really bugging me is that you can apparently get the pastries basket, but I still can not figure out how to find /get it. Another problem is the strange area blocked by spikes in the room after the cat tells you "Spikes hurt!". Please, if you have any info, I would love your help, this has been driving me insane for over a month now, and I just can't figure all of it out on my own.
Giik

Re: super cat planet! (1.2a)

Post by Giik »

Tiny hotfix, I wanted to make the

strange cats

easier to find so I could rest easy. That's pretty much it.
lawatson
Professional cat planet fan
First name: Lucas

Re: super cat planet! (1.2a)

Post by lawatson »

Just wanted to report a pretty big bug, Some variables aren't saved (or at least aren't being loaded) correctly when closing and opening the game back up. As far as I've experienced, these include:
The white, yellow(?), blue, purple, and dark green switches, and probably all variables tied to completing the game.
These actually have pretty extreme effects, as you can get yourself into a permanently locked position on the clear screen if you decide to save there. Assuming it's a problem with saving/loading, I'd also say it's very recommended for you to make a save converter so that people with pre-existing saves can convert to the new version without having to reset their progress. Finally, to solve the hardlock problem, I'd suggest setting the global variable for clearing the game from within the portal room as well.

That aside, I really like this game! The exploration aspect is really freaking gigantic, and I've had a lot of fun collecting all the cats and other things. It's an enjoyable experience without a doubt. Have a nice day!
want cat planet in your twitch chat??? now you can accomplish that with franker face z!!!1
Giik

Re: super cat planet! (1.2b)

Post by Giik »

lawatson wrote:Just wanted to report a pretty big bug, Some variables aren't saved (or at least aren't being loaded) correctly when closing and opening the game back up. As far as I've experienced, these include:
The white, yellow(?), blue, purple, and dark green switches, and probably all variables tied to completing the game.
These actually have pretty extreme effects, as you can get yourself into a permanently locked position on the clear screen if you decide to save there. Assuming it's a problem with saving/loading, I'd also say it's very recommended for you to make a save converter so that people with pre-existing saves can convert to the new version without having to reset their progress. Finally, to solve the hardlock problem, I'd suggest setting the global variable for clearing the game from within the portal room as well.

That aside, I really like this game! The exploration aspect is really freaking gigantic, and I've had a lot of fun collecting all the cats and other things. It's an enjoyable experience without a doubt. Have a nice day!
As said in PMs, I went back and fixed everything you suggested. 1.2b is up! Nothing really huge this time, just little fixes. If your game wasn't saving big button presses, this should solve that.
Bionic_Dog

Post by Bionic_Dog »

I really like the idea of a level editor for this game! If the level editor ever exists, I'm gonna make Kaizo Planet. :twisted:
Rejnka

Post by Rejnka »

Bionic_Dog wrote:I really like the idea of a level editor for this game! If the level editor ever exists, I'm gonna make Kaizo Planet. :twisted:
Isn't that what Super Cat Planet is already though?
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

There is a change raocow might play this game in the future, as it is on the current patreon b-side voting list.
Giik

Post by Giik »

Willhart wrote:There is a change raocow might play this game in the future, as it is on the current patreon b-side voting list.
Hooray!

Although, I'm currently not really satisfied with a certain secret, and given his completionist mentality he's definitely going to go through that. It looks and plays incredibly rushed, and I want to redo that so it's...well, completely different.

Edit: that, and there's still a few bugs to work out (options menu is sloppy, the speedrun achievement doesn't save properly, etc.)
lawatson

Post by lawatson »

All clear in 0 deaths! This was painful as all hell! Imminent spoilers so unless you have played the game I recommend not clicking and copying this link!
want cat planet in your twitch chat??? now you can accomplish that with franker face z!!!1
kumuhmuh
local ice cream dealre

Post by kumuhmuh »

lawatson wrote:All clear in 0 deaths! This was painful as all hell! Imminent spoilers so unless you have played the game I recommend not clicking and copying this link!
super impressive!

that applies to the actual game as well; that was a lot of fun and i wish i'd known about this sooner! pleasantly surprised at how difficult the game managed to be, (or how my own incompetence at playing games made this much more challenging than it was ever intended to be) never expected to spend an entire hour on cat planet!
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Cat Planet confirmed for Patreon.
lawatson

Post by lawatson »

Well then! I think I'm about to Kreygasm at QPU speed now after hearing that. I hope he enjoys it and plays it blind all the way to the end! It was definitely a fun experience for me.
Giik

Post by Giik »

OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT

I NEED TO REDO THE THINGS

PANIC
Giik

Re: super cat planet! (1.3a)

Post by Giik »

Alright, it's updated to 1.3. It's hard finding a good point to stop adding rooms, but I think this is okay. Let me know what you think!

dear god i hope this works...

Edit: Whoops, hotfix. Forgot to adjust a Very Important Variable. 1.3a now availableeeeee?
Money

Re: super cat planet! (1.3c)

Post by Money »

So uh, apparently your game is now the subject of a High Quality Rip.

Congrats(?)
Willhart
Banned

Re: super cat planet! (1.3c)

Post by Willhart »

MoneyMan wrote:So uh, apparently your game is now the subject of a High Quality Rip.

Congrats(?)
That is hilarious.