(shouting)

super cat planet! (1.3d)

wanna make a game, or anything else? seminal bloom!
lawatson
Professional cat planet fan
First name: Lucas
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: super cat planet! (1.3c)

Post by lawatson »

Dude. Who in all 7 hells made this? That's actually freaking beautiful.
want cat planet in your twitch chat??? now you can accomplish that with franker face z!!!1
Giik

Post by Giik »

well golly gee willakers
Katazuki
wawa
Pronouns: whomst

Post by Katazuki »

Your game has been blessed with the highest of quality.

Who has the most?
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

MoneyMan wrote:So uh, apparently your game is now the subject of a High Quality Rip.
Congrats(?)
impressive
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Kapus
Master of Hiccup
First name: boogity boo
Pronouns: Vegetable

Post by Kapus »

whoooaaa this game is released now? that is super dee duper. can't wait to try it, this game seems all up and down my alley.
lawatson

Post by lawatson »

Kapus wrote:whoooaaa this game is released now? that is super dee duper. can't wait to try it, this game seems all up and down my alley.
have fun with it! i sure did myself.
want cat planet in your twitch chat??? now you can accomplish that with franker face z!!!1
XionGaTaosenai

Re: super cat planet! (1.3d)

Post by XionGaTaosenai »

Question: if you reset your progress and begin from scratch, does that undo your costume/shop unlocks? If not, could that potentially be added in a future version? I feel like the moment you finally get the full gamut of costume options is the moment you can't actually do anything with your new avatar, and it would be nice to be able to start the game over but with your custom guy from the start.
Giik

Post by Giik »

XionGaTaosenai wrote:Question: if you reset your progress and begin from scratch, does that undo your costume/shop unlocks? If not, could that potentially be added in a future version? I feel like the moment you finally get the full gamut of costume options is the moment you can't actually do anything with your new avatar, and it would be nice to be able to start the game over but with your custom guy from the start.
Hold that mystery key the menu cat asked you to bind when starting a new game, and you'll start with your current costume.

The dyes and costumes are just checking the conditions I set for it, like how many cats you have or whether you found the hat shop or not (for the brown dye). They aren't actually being saved.
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

Haha, I

got to the big black button, and it said 12 on it.

So I assumed that meant

that I needed 12 black cats to progress.

So when my

black cat meter was at 11,

I went back. I didn't expect to find

the button reading '5', thus implying I have 5 black cats left, for a total of 16 black cats.

Which I found quite perplexing.

My time is 4 hours.

I quit.

Ogmo face was funny though. I liked the creepy one.

Edit: I mean, I still love this game, and will finish it when the rest of the secrets are spoiled for me but sweet golly dang, man.

EDIT2: Thanks be the raocow playthrough.

"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
FrozenQuills
hehe haha 2024

Post by FrozenQuills »

I noticed that sometimes when you go down walls on the left side you can get stuck in them (like when getting the underwater cat)
It's a minor bug but I had to reset my game cause of it.
SMBX Tileset Compiler and Separator
The boss entry that made me eat a shoe.

5th place counter: 5
(SMBX Forums CC11, SMBX Forums CC12, Endgame Madness Contest, SMWC Kaizo Contest 2016, SMWC 24hr Contest 2018)
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

it was a delight :3 and I loved the postgame!

Especially the firewheel clock room. Although I had to take a break in the wind tunnel wall bouncing bit, because it was starting to hurt my hands. The hardest room is definitely the pastry-switches and rolling saws room.

I have only one change I would recommend!

The strange cat in the vertical ice wind tunnel. It was not possible with my bare hands, I had to use autofire. I got very close though, before my hand gave up! I would get rid of the wind on the strange cat's screen entirely, and make the challenge just getting through the very strong wind on the screen before.

oh and because I care, here's my custom little angel girl

it's touhou's Chen, with the hidden Flywrench wings
NeferNightbug
what shall we do with a drunken stoat-girl

Post by NeferNightbug »

Say, I don't suppose someone's taken the time to make a complete map of the place?
Creator of Night of the Mongolian Safari.
A Shinto god of insects with a Margay in their family tree.
Giik

Post by Giik »

So I wanna get back into this. The main reason is that I think the level design could be a lot better, especially when the going gets tough around the final areas. The difficulty spikes were crazy huge and for the wrong reasons; I designed rooms with no sense of flow or patterns, just adding obstacles for the hell of it.

And of course, I got distracted and I'm adding pointless features. :P

I wanted to have a second degree of interactivity with the world (you can only do so much with running and infinite jumping), so I think the grabbing things mechanic will allow me to do more, at the risk of losing the charm the original cat planet had. Different pickups can do different things; maybe throwing a fireball would toss it in a straight line, breaking certain blocks. Or grabbing a balloon would allow you to float up and down more precisely than jumping. I'm not sure yet, I'll have to experiment!

And along with new objects and hazards, I'm gonna add revamped areas as well. The old world was cool individually but there were some progression problems (clearing most of the world via the jungle before touching the canyon, which was supposed to be a beginner area as well.) So far the area ideas I want to try out are:
-A christmas-y snow area, seen in the gifs.
-A vaporwave area, inspired by VLDC9's Abstract map
-A sunset cove, maybe with rocks obstructing your view and reflections in the water. Maybe. I dunno.

So yeah! I really should just move on to another project and make my own IP, but this is just too fun to not casually mess around with.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I think that if you're going to make such a major revamp in levels and mechanics, then you should make a separate release as a sequel/spinoff DLC or just as a re-release, similarly to Spelunky HD. The previous game should be left intact if it's worth keeping and this update would take away from that. I know at least one game that had its versions more like expansion sets than mere patches, with significant changes to gameplay that made newer releases incompatible with older levels and playing styles, and I felt that the old game could have been packaged into its own thing before it made transition to something different.
Giik

Post by Giik »

ano0maly wrote: 7 years ago I think that if you're going to make such a major revamp in levels and mechanics, then you should make a separate release as a sequel/spinoff DLC or just as a re-release, similarly to Spelunky HD. The previous game should be left intact if it's worth keeping and this update would take away from that. I know at least one game that had its versions more like expansion sets than mere patches, with significant changes to gameplay that made newer releases incompatible with older levels and playing styles, and I felt that the old game could have been packaged into its own thing before it made transition to something different.
Oh, yeah, super cat planet will still definitely stay up. I'll probably call this version "super cat planet again!" or whatever.
freakin whatzit
welcome to th :|
First name: alex
Pronouns: they or she

Post by freakin whatzit »

you should call it something like "super amazing cat planet"
I AM VERY DISGUSTED WITH THE TRASHY MAN. IN SPITE OF THE MONSTER, AND THE COACH, ONLY TRASHY, I WILL BEAT DOWN THEM ALL. FOR THIS I MUST STRENGTHEN MYSELF. THE MONSTER IS THE SAME TOO. COLLECT ALL THE TRASHY, RIGHTEOUS FELLOW ARE ALL UNPARDONABLE! YOU DON'T AFFECT ME. THE TRASHY STROLLING IS AN EYESORE!
Katazuki
wawa
Pronouns: whomst

Post by Katazuki »

super duper duper cat planet

Who has the most?
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

dog astral object
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

I honestly think you'd probably do better making it all new content if you're gonna add a new primary mechanic like grabbing, but that's just me, and I know it's way way more work!
lawatson

Post by lawatson »

I've finally went and completed the bonus stage deathless! The bonus stage raocow played, that is. I spent several hours preparing it with editing and captions just so y'all would enjoy it just as much as I did. The video's down below. Be sure to turn captions on!

Cran

Post by Cran »

i have only one big question about this game. what are the requirements for unlocking the last wings in the shop?
Cran

Post by Cran »

Cran wrote: i have only one big question about this game. what are the requirements for unlocking the last wings in the shop?
i figured it out actually.

to equip the wings that require ???, you have to wear the hat that needs 150 cats and the dress that needs 10 cats. the hat must be white, the hair must be brown, and the dress must be red, with white details.

ShingleBells

Post by ShingleBells »

Yo!

I have a really weird problem with this game: I accidentally quit the game when it was asking me for the keybinds, so now i can't even go into the options to fix them because the only key i have bound is the key to go right -- which is bound to the left arrow key! Help?
Cran

Post by Cran »

ShingleBells wrote: Yo!

I have a really weird problem with this game: I accidentally quit the game when it was asking me for the keybinds, so now i can't even go into the options to fix them because the only key i have bound is the key to go right -- which is bound to the left arrow key! Help?
Hi

On the Bind keys page in the game, the keybinding cat says:

"hey, by the way!

if you accidentally screw up the keybindings and can't get back to me, just type
"BIND"
anywhere in the game to bring up the emergency rebind thingy!"

Hope this helps!

BIND
ShingleBells

Post by ShingleBells »

Cran wrote:
ShingleBells wrote: Yo!

Hi

On the Bind keys page in the game, the keybinding cat says:

"hey, by the way!

if you accidentally screw up the keybindings and can't get back to me, just type
"BIND"
anywhere in the game to bring up the emergency rebind thingy!"

Hope this helps!

BIND
... that's a pretty backwards way of doing things, but thanks!