(shouting)

Touhou Mario 2, A full featured touhou experience in SMW

wanna make a game, or anything else? seminal bloom!
Vitor Vilela
hi
Pronouns: he/him/his

Touhou Mario 2, A full featured touhou experience in SMW

Post by Vitor Vilela »

Since I got here now and still didn't stick to the other threads, I'm justa gonna show the major project I'm been working since September 2013, together with my friend Wakana.

It's Touhou Mario 2, a continuation from Touhou Mario 1, where this one is inspired on TH12 plot.
This hack features lot of ASM hacks, including new custom bosses, gimmicks, power ups, etc, that will bring the maximum possible the touhou experience to the SMW platform plus custom sampled music, sprite graphics, etc, etc. It also features the SA-1 chip, which increases the processing power of the game allowing a very high amount of sprites/bullets on screen, making it feel more a Touhou styled game. To don't make the game much difficult, the metroid-styled HP patch is used together, where each "tank" is considered a life and you can pick the difficulty depending on how skilled you're on SMW x Touhou.

Here is some random screenshots so far:
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Also there's a (bit old but still useful) trailer of the hack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWi5UwWFpxs

Although we're working this for a while, there is still lot of things to do. Since the standard touhou games are rather short to adapt into a SMW game, we added around 10 more stages from random games, kinda bonus stages and a final final one to make it a hack of a good enough length. So far I only finished coding the first 6 bosses (Nazrin, Kogasa, Ichirin, Murasa and Byakuren) and there's still much to be done and polished so we're open to any type of feedback possible to make this a best experience possible.

Oh and I almost forgot, since most Touhou games features 2+ characters, you can play with Luigi too!
Last edited by Vitor Vilela 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Gardenolva
Void and Voir embraced together...
First name: En Gardevoir
Pronouns: Male

Re: Touhou Mario 2, A full featured touhou experience in SMW

Post by Gardenolva »

HOLY COW!! FINALLY! It's been released. Sadly, I don't have a laptop or a desktop to play it straight and properly with no worries about time and anything real life.

A.K.A.: En Gardevoir
lolyoshi
don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk.

Post by lolyoshi »

It's not released though?
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Did you make it so your health refills between levels? I enjoyed the first game but I hated how I had to farm for health in a mario game

Vitor Vilela
hi

Post by Vitor Vilela »

Oh, it is still not released yet :/
Hence why I noted on last line about being open to any feedback. I don't have really any near release time planned. :[
It is planned to get released around 2016 depending on how many free time I will still have.

And nope, you will have to refill by buying items. But since I added 1-up cards, you can refill pretty much faster than Touhou Mario 1.
QuietProtag
also known as luigiman09, rip 2010-2014
First name: Félix

Post by QuietProtag »

Ooooooh, nice. I can't wait!
I should finish the first one before it gets released though.
Gardenolva
Void and Voir embraced together...
First name: En Gardevoir
Pronouns: Male

Post by Gardenolva »

Oh sorry.

I think you're going to release it on C3 right?

A.K.A.: En Gardevoir
Vitor Vilela
hi

Post by Vitor Vilela »

On C3 2016 maybe, but for the next and winter one impossible. Motivation is almost 0 for both me and Wakana and there's still much to do.