(shouting)

Mega Man: Super Fighting Robot

wanna make a game, or anything else? seminal bloom!
MrWeirdGuy

Mega Man: Super Fighting Robot

Post by MrWeirdGuy »

Sup peeps, I've been away from the raocommunity for quite some time, due to reasons and stuff. I come here today to spread the word of my game.
Mega Man: Super Fighting Robot is a Mega Man game, of course. If by some chance you've been following my YouTube channel, you'd be aware of the constant progress on the game. But anyway, the game is nearing completion. And I've decided to share a demo with the world. So check it out and enjoy it, and gimme summadat sweet sweet feedback so I can work to improve the game even more than it already is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ3cPK4XeHk <- Gameplay vid

Download links. They're all the same, so just pick your favorite.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/1zvvum
https://www.sendspace.com/file/br2k12
http://www.filedropper.com/megamansfrdemo

Screenshots:
Image Image
Image Image
General feedback from the YouTube community is that the game is a bit hard and unforgiving. Don't worry though, I will be adding a difficulty setting in the options menu for the game's full release.

So yeah, check it out and let me know what you think.
This is my signature because I am a boring individual. Yep.
Bean
Yep.

Re: Mega Man: Super Fighting Robot

Post by Bean »

Definitely doesn't look like this one is for novices, that's for sure. I'll think about it.
mellonpizza
working
First name: pizza

Post by mellonpizza »

Watched the vid, looks pretty rad! I like all the ideas presented.

Also that up n down met is absolutely amazing :lol:
I'm not a YTPMV'er. My goal is towards learning music and eventually making my own content with what I like (in this case ponies). I'm still studying how music works and this is what I can do so far, so to all the ytpmv'ers out there: Please stop following my videos, cause I'm not interested in making chiptune music with your rules you set up on how to make YTPMV's. Also I'd appreciate if you guys would lay off bronies in the comment section, cause these are made for them and not for people who
Kuupa
That's me on the beat, btw [:
First name: Alex
Pronouns: the male ones

Post by Kuupa »

This looks pretty dang neat! I like the Telly's movement, how it still follows but it's a bit looser, and I really like the song in what I'm assuming is Trash Man's stage.
So here we are. Plays have been enacted. Empires have come and gone. The mightiest have passed away and withered, alike the least. Fires have burned, thousandfold. Yet, did not the great wind serenely continue its course? Does not the blackbird still sing its song? Does not the mistletoe still dwell in the oak's crown? Forgotten, what once has been told. Veiled, the words that once so rang out. Shrouded, like the larva in its cocoon. Let him hear it, who will.
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

Woah, cool. This still looks just a little bit unpolished, but just from watching the video, you've certainly done a good job so far. A couple things do come to mind as stuff that could maybe stand to be tweaked a little, though. Like... assuming the first part of the video is the start of that particular level, the platforming gets really hairy there, and fast, too. I could understand if that's actually after a midboss or something, but for the very start, that's a bit much! Also, in the area around 1:30, I can't easily tell which green parts are solid and which are just for show. I do love some of the enemies you have here though, especially the inertia tellies and devil blobs.

I hope you don't take any of this the wrong way, because on the whole, this really looks good! Can't wait for a chance to play the demo.
I don't really get it but okay
MrWeirdGuy

Post by MrWeirdGuy »

Criticism? About MY game? How dare you!
Nah, jk. :V
I definitely appreciate any and all criticism.

Yeah, the game looks a little unpolished because that particular video is about 9 months old.
I have a bit of a tendency to go slightly nuts with difficulty, but I've personally tested every room in the game and found that it's possible to get through it all buster only without taking damage. So it's fair, but I'll be tweaking the levels to be more casual friendly, especially once I'm ready for legit playtesters, probably in a month or so (possibly sooner).

I totally get your point about the background in Dagger Man's level. It seemed obvious to my biased eyes, but I can easily change the colors of the background stuff. See, people? This is constructive criticism in action!

So yeah, thanks for the support and all that. When I'm ready for playtesters, you guys are definitely on my list.
This is my signature because I am a boring individual. Yep.