(shouting)

Superb Demo Sisters 2: Demo Demo Panic

wanna make a game, or anything else? seminal bloom!
LiAS

Superb Demo Sisters 2: Demo Demo Panic

Post by LiAS »

For those of you that saw my other page, Superb Demo RPG - Legend of the Seven Leeks, I'm terribly sorry. I just put something up here before even testing anything and it all collapsed within, like, an hour.
Anyway, couldn't we start a new collab? Superb Demo Sisters 2: Demo Demo Panic?
For anyone who wants this to be a thing and wants to help with it, here are the guidelines:

Guidlines
1. You must follow the level theme as agreed upon when selecting your level (Overworld, Underground, Sky, etc.) Only use graphics provided either in the kit or the program. Snow levels WILL feature ice physics.
2. If may NOT utilize an obstacle earlier than it appears on the Level List. However, once something HAS been introduced, you may utilize it as much as you want (even if the original SMB2 level did not feature the obstacle).
3. Music doesn't matter. All levels will be given default music based on their type.
4. Please keep your level about the size of the level yours is modeled after.
5. Do not place other power-ups in your levels, but occasionally - occasionally - place a SMB2 beet (the one on the plate) buried in the ground.
6. No coins. Or lives.
7. Don't be OVERLY challenging. Remember that all levels must be completed in one go; getting stuck on a level for 10+ lives would be super annoying.
8. Please PM me all finished levels. I will playtest your level first, and approve or disapprove it, giving reasons so that you can improve it. Keep all characters in mind, but not Sheath [ispoiler]although she will still be an unlockable player; if you play as her the levels modify[/ispoiler].
9. Don't worry about the thing where you throw a potion and a door pops up. This feature may or may not be added after the levels come in.

Also, A Special Thing: I leave the "Graphics" folder out of the base game and you can download and place in the folder: Normal, 16-bit graphics; Next-Gen 64-bit graphics (raocow is no longer special); and Old-School 8-bit graphics.
And this is the (very, very, very) early version of the "poster."
this sucks so much...
this sucks so much...
Superb Demo Sisters 2 - Demo Demo Panic!.JPG (63.59 KiB) Viewed 1872 times
LiAS

Re: Superb Demo Sisters 2: Demo Demo Panic

Post by LiAS »

Oh, okay, I thought it died, like, forever ago.
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

Forever ago isn't a thing. I'd suggest helping out with the REAL Superb Demo Sisters 2 insted of making this.
LiAS

Post by LiAS »

Oh, so it really, actually is still a thing??
Mabel
Just west of wierd
https://marbels.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mabel »

LiAS wrote:Oh, so it really, actually is still a thing??
yeah.

we're waiting on some things, namely updated Lunadll and getting all the NPCs working as intended
Image Image
LiAS

Post by LiAS »

The last update was in November and it looked like they practically made absolutely no progress.
GlitchedGhost

Post by GlitchedGhost »

LiAS wrote:The last update was in November and it looked like they practically made absolutely no progress.
If I'm not mistaken, I think they have another place where they communicate. Did they not use it when the Talkhaustrophe happened? They may just be there instead.
I may be remembering this wrong.
Seriously, calm down.
He captured!
raocow wrote:last night I had a dream where I finally understood what a 'birb' is, and turns out it's a collyflower
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

GlitchedGhost wrote:
LiAS wrote:The last update was in November and it looked like they practically made absolutely no progress.
If I'm not mistaken, I think they have another place where they communicate. Did they not use it when the Talkhaustrophe happened? They may just be there instead.
Seriously, calm down.
You're thinking AZCT, I'm pretty sure. SDS2 legit hasn't gone anywhere because nobody involved wanted to dive headlong into another full game right after the first, same reason A2XT episode 2 isn't really in full swing yet. Probably doesn't help that SMB2's a lot harder to replicate in SMBX with half its enemies or so not even being in it, either.
GlitchedGhost

Post by GlitchedGhost »

Zyglrox Odyssey wrote:
GlitchedGhost wrote:
Seriously, calm down.
You're thinking AZCT, I'm pretty sure. SDS2 legit hasn't gone anywhere because nobody involved wanted to dive headlong into another full game right after the first, same reason A2XT episode 2 isn't really in full swing yet. Probably doesn't help that SMB2's a lot harder to replicate in SMBX with half its enemies or so not even being in it, either.
...Damnit, I was close!
Making a game can be tiring though, so it makes sense that not much has been done for either yet.
He captured!
raocow wrote:last night I had a dream where I finally understood what a 'birb' is, and turns out it's a collyflower
LiAS

Post by LiAS »

Alright, everyone. This is discontinued because no one wants to make this. If they do, I'll pop in occasionally, but I'm done.
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Sorel »

You give up pretty quickly.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
LiAS

Post by LiAS »

I am weak... :cry:
EDIT: ...and cowardly.