(shouting)

Project Demo

wanna make a game, or anything else? seminal bloom!

Should I cancel this game

Yes
7%
No
93%

Total votes: 15

Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Re: Project DEMO: Karby

Post by Ivy »

Ningamer wrote:Image
Remasterd Demo!!!
I never knew pixel art could look so HD
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Heraga

Re: Project DEMO: Karby

Post by Heraga »

Wow, thanks for the support! I'm thinking of making demo's eyes a bit darker so it doesn't blend in with the face.
Heraga

Re: Project DEMO: rao needs to eat more pudding

Post by Heraga »

Ingame screen with the new sprites.
LiAS

Re: Project DEMO: rao needs to eat more pudding

Post by LiAS »

Wow... the foreground elements are fantastic! This is coming along nicely. I've never really been a big fan of the Demo graphics, and the new ones look better.
LiAS

Re: Project DEMO: pudding is for real

Post by LiAS »

Are you busy, or is this dead?
Don't be mad, just asking.
Heraga

Re: Project DEMO: Yeah

Post by Heraga »

The New:
PKBeloved
Don't ask about the space plants

Re: Project DEMO: Yeah

Post by PKBeloved »

oh wow, this looks super net-o and smooth!
Good lord I said some stupid stuff here when I was younger
Image Ver.2.1 now with a balanced fighting system, that lost of fun to play to be honest. You'll notice when playing that Demo has more HP and Strange, as where Iris has more PP and defense, she also grows just a bit faster, but her states grow slower. Also, furba sprites has been finished!
Heraga

Re: Project DEMO: Now Hiring The Peeps

Post by Heraga »

So yeah, currently I've been working on this project's assembly by myself and my Spriter doing the sprites you see now. Currently I'm looking for two people (one for each thing) to help me with:

Dialog: I'm not really that creative when it comes dialog. I'm looking for a writer who can come up with good ol' Talkhaus-ish writing that could make people laugh. Your allowed to make as many references to other Talkhaus related things as you would like.
Not for Sale. Wolfolotl is now the dialog writer for the game.

Beta Tesing: I would like a beta tester to help find some bugs that need to be fixed. I'm trying to make a very polished game so this is very important to me. If you find a bug, report it in this thread and I'll fix it as soon as I can.
Not for sale. PKBeloved is now the beta tester for the game.

If you want to help out with any of these two things, pm me and you can join. It's first come, first server though and I'll make an anoucement when these spots are filled up.
LiAS

Re: Project DEMO: Now Hiring The Peeps

Post by LiAS »

The new Demo looks great! Is Iris coming along?
Heraga

Re: Project DEMO: THE CREEPY CHAINSAW MAN

Post by Heraga »

Doesn't check here In a month. Sees no new posts.

Oh well, here's a quick Tileset update to show that this is still alive:

It's The Castle Tileset!
mellonpizza
working
First name: pizza

Post by mellonpizza »

Those look really nice. Also nice to know this is getting a consistent amount of effort into it, shows you really care!
I'm not a YTPMV'er. My goal is towards learning music and eventually making my own content with what I like (in this case ponies). I'm still studying how music works and this is what I can do so far, so to all the ytpmv'ers out there: Please stop following my videos, cause I'm not interested in making chiptune music with your rules you set up on how to make YTPMV's. Also I'd appreciate if you guys would lay off bronies in the comment section, cause these are made for them and not for people who
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

Thanks! I'll be posting a screen soon showing off a brand new level (finally.)
Heraga

Re: Project DEMO: Cave of losing

Post by Heraga »

Hi.

Here's a cave tileset:

Bye.

Oh, and there's a new poll now. And Rena is legitly an option as P2.
Heraga

Re: Project DEMO: Back into the ground

Post by Heraga »

BackGrounds are kinda being made:
Friendly Dictator
rad
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Project DEMO: Back into the ground

Post by Friendly Dictator »

That's a pretty cool looking background
Heraga

Re: Project DEMO: Try Tiny Timmy's Tastey Taco's

Post by Heraga »

Beached Whales
PKBeloved
Don't ask about the space plants

Re: Project DEMO: Try Tiny Timmy's Tastey Taco's

Post by PKBeloved »

Nin wrote:Image
Beached Whales
Oh my gosh its so pretty and smooth ;w;
this rom will look amazing ;w;
Good lord I said some stupid stuff here when I was younger
Image Ver.2.1 now with a balanced fighting system, that lost of fun to play to be honest. You'll notice when playing that Demo has more HP and Strange, as where Iris has more PP and defense, she also grows just a bit faster, but her states grow slower. Also, furba sprites has been finished!
Heraga

Re: A Demo of thing's to come

Post by Heraga »

This is still alive FYI!
Heraga

Project Demo: Update

Post by Heraga »

I knew I would have to make this post eventually. I just didn't know how I wanted to say it. Before you guys get any ideas, no, this project isn't dead. I can assure you that this isn't. I just don't know what direction I want this game to go in.

A few weeks ago, I finished the first level of this game from start to end. This was before my level was shown in MaGL X2. However, after watching raocow play my level, and hearing the comments made by Horikawa, I decided to take a look at the level I made. I hated it. I want this game to stand out from ASMT or A2XT. I was to make something that looks and feels like it could be something that the Talkhaus could produce.

I've decided to start from stratch. I've decided to restart this project to bring it up to snuff. Some may not know this, but this game is my attempt to show the Talkhaus that I can do something great. I want to change how people feel about me. I know I started out as a joke. Cat Planet 2 and KSR-MaGL were two jokes. Two terrible jokes pulled on me. I've tried to redeem myself over the last few months but my old reputation still stays with me. I want to forgive and forget my past mistakes. I don't want to be known as Ningamer, that one guy who made a whole bunch of collabs for no reason. I want to be known as Nin, that one guy who made a really great game. I try my hardest to deliver an amazing game to you guys. This game here is my love letter to ASMT and the Talkhaus. I don't want people to take this as a joke.

This is where you guys, the community, come in. I've only been on the Talkhaus for about a year now. Since this is a game for the community, I want the community's say in decisions.

Things I'm planning:
Four Playable Characters: Demo, Iris, Pandamona, and Mishi. I feel that Kood, raocow, and Sheath have become overused. I decided to put all of the siblings on a list and choose the two that were picked. Those characters were Pandamona and Mishi. Do you guys think it's a good idea to have these two characters playable? If not, who else should be playable?

21 Levels. This incarnation of Project Demo plays a whole lot differently. I decided to take some inspiration from Asmbxt's hub for this. Insted of a World Map, the hub of Project Demo is a Hotel. Each Floor of the Hotel is a level (the roof area is the last level obviously). You'll have to collect items in each level to unlock new floors. The ground floor will include a Photo Booth area where the player can pick a different character to play as.

Bosses. This is where I get a little of beat. There will be a boss in levels 4, 8, 12, 16, and 21. I'm still wondering what the bosses should be. It obviously won't be the Siblings or Uncles because I want something new that only appears in this game. If you guys have any suggestions, I'd really help out!

NPCS. Another thing I need help in. I'm not that good of a writer so if any of you guys who have experience in comical NPC writing, that'd really help. I'm looking for someone who can write dialog/make a event that could make raocow laugh or crack up about. There were a whole bunch of memoribal moments in A2XT that I want to try and replicate in my own way.

I'm making this game in Multimedia Fusion 2, which can hard to work with at times so updates will come few and far. I'll deffently post graphical updates whenever graphics are made. The main spriter for this project, SuperArthurBros, has responded to my Pm's as of late, so whenever he updates me, I'll update you guys.

Sorry for the delay. I've had a whole lot to work on. MaGLWarQ and The Last Shift: Reborn have been holding me up.
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Project Demo: Update

Post by Sorel »

It's great that despite of all the things that happened in the past you still have determination!

As I don't really know any stuff from the ASMT canon, I can't really offer any feedback on the character choice.

The HUB concept sounds good. You could probably add some more "rich" stuff the higher you go, from the cheapest room to the most expensive.

For the bosses, sorry, no idea.

As for the comical NPC writing, I suggest that you don't make it feel "forced". You usually get the best laughs out of something that surprises you with the humour.

I'm positive that you can do this!
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Heraga

Re: Project Demo: Update

Post by Heraga »

So yesterday, I started compiling a whole bunch of tracks that'll be used in the game. However, once again, I would like the community's opinion: What should the level themes be?

I don't want the whole generic theme of every Mario game every. I'm looking for a whole bunch of creativity for this game. I'm definitely thinking of using Zerbraspace as a theme but that leaves 20 levels un-themed. Do you guys have any ideas.

Also, I'll leave some of the tracks I'll be using here:
Possible Theme for Level 1.
Possible Theme for Save Gardens. Save Gardens is a place to save your game.
I have no idea for this one. I just really like it.
Possible Cave Theme.
Possible Boss Theme.
Heraga

Re: Project Demo: Oh hey, It's Demo and Iris (WIP Sprites)

Post by Heraga »

Yeah, Double Post! Anyways, ignore Demo's sprite. Me and SAB and trying to give Demo a new and different look for this game, inspired by old concept art and WTH Graphics. I've been replaying What The Hell lately to get a feel for rao's older art. I think the graphics style is turning out great.

What do you guys think?
Heraga

Re: Project Demo: Hotel Stuff(s)

Post by Heraga »

Triple Post (because no one gives feedback.)
Heraga

Re: Project Demo: Progress

Post by Heraga »

It's A Thing
Heraga

Re: Project Demo

Post by Heraga »

Balck Plugg