(shouting)

Project Demo

wanna make a game, or anything else? seminal bloom!

Should I cancel this game

Yes
7%
No
93%

Total votes: 15

S.N.N.

Re: Project Demo

Post by S.N.N. »

Since day one, I've felt like you've been throwing a bunch of ideas at the wall in hopes that one of them sticks. I've seen you attempt to start (and join in on) a bunch of different hacks, some Undertale fangame, this, and probably a few other projects I can't even remember. Having read your responses in this thread and some of the stuff you've written on SMWC, it sounds like you have no idea what you even really want to do. For example, what was your true intention with this particular project? Was it just to create something for raocow to play and potentially enjoy?

Note that when I say that you "have no idea what you want to do", it's because of conflicting statements like these (which are only one month apart):
Nin wrote:More importantly, I want to move on to offical stuff and offical work
Nin wrote:Now, using SMBX, might be something I may do
On top of that, you even made a poll in this thread asking if you should cancel this game. Like, what? How can anyone except you even answer that?

It seems like you're a capable and talented individual, but I feel like unless you actually sit down and think about what you want to create - be it a totally original game filled with your own unique ideas/plot/etc, or some SMBX episode, or whatever else - you're going to keep running in circles and become demotivated/disappointed in yourself.

Just my two cents on the matter.
Heraga

Re: Project Demo

Post by Heraga »

S.N.N. wrote:words
That's actually what I've been doing in my time away from here. I've decided that I don't really want to work on something I won't enjoy working on, and have decided to work at my own original thing. This was originally made as a test, FYI. I had no intentions on finishing it until raocow posted in this thread last February (I was going to post the last beta right after haha). However, I don't want my resources to go to waste. While PD will transform itself into an indie game with it's own personality eventually, it's too soon to say when it will blossom into something I can show off. I don't want anything I've made to do to waste. So while demo will be taken out and replaced with a new indieish character, It'll still retain the charm of the graphics and music that I originally made. I might even release the stuff I'm no longer using.

I'm most likely going to announce the project until I know I'll finish it. I don't want any more broken promises and want to work on my own schedule.