(shouting)

I wanna be the raocow! [Dormant, but open to discussion]

wanna make a game, or anything else? seminal bloom!
Heraga

Re: I wanna be the raocow (Possible collab)

Post by Heraga »

Well I thought that It would be funny...I'll take it easy about the whole thing...Sorry :(
Last edited by Heraga 9 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
mellonpizza
working
First name: pizza

Post by mellonpizza »

Yeah, I'm not trying to be an ass. Just be considerate.
I will try to get a working engine up either today, or at least by the end of the week.
I'm not a YTPMV'er. My goal is towards learning music and eventually making my own content with what I like (in this case ponies). I'm still studying how music works and this is what I can do so far, so to all the ytpmv'ers out there: Please stop following my videos, cause I'm not interested in making chiptune music with your rules you set up on how to make YTPMV's. Also I'd appreciate if you guys would lay off bronies in the comment section, cause these are made for them and not for people who
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

So pm Limepie and make this a collab!
mellonpizza
working

Post by mellonpizza »

I have done so.
For now, Let's discuss these things:
Player character: appearance, weapons, abilities
Game structure
Plot ideas
I'm not a YTPMV'er. My goal is towards learning music and eventually making my own content with what I like (in this case ponies). I'm still studying how music works and this is what I can do so far, so to all the ytpmv'ers out there: Please stop following my videos, cause I'm not interested in making chiptune music with your rules you set up on how to make YTPMV's. Also I'd appreciate if you guys would lay off bronies in the comment section, cause these are made for them and not for people who
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

mellonpizza wrote:I have done so.
For now, Let's discuss these things:
Player character: appearance, weapons, abilities
Game structure
Plot ideas
I have suggested my plot!
Either raocow or The Kid should playable!
raocow should use his Asmbxt/a2xt sprite or a simmaler sprite!
raocow should also have a double jump!
128-Up
Captain Aiwana
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by 128-Up »

I can't think of many fangames in which extra abilities were used effective (sans Not Another Needle Game's Stage 9), so I think just leaving the PC with a double jump and ability to shoot will suffice.
If Mario has taught me anything, it's that most things rely on whether there's something good in a nearby box.
Note: If something in the above post is done incorrectly, tell the poster as softly as possible, please.

128-Up's IWBTG Fangame Clear List
If you're wondering what on earth 'aiwana' is, click me!

Image <-- Click it!
Image Pokémon is hard.
mellonpizza
working

Post by mellonpizza »

In 'I wanna be like brisulph' there are a good amount of weapons that are used interestingly. But I don't want to force a choice on everyone. I can go with vanilla control scheme.
Granix

Post by Granix »

mellonpizza wrote: ...Honestly I don't really see any talkhaus members taking a place as a boss with the exception of raocow (Which I either want to be the final boss or player character).
I think raocow as final boss, would fit the title (if it's gonna stay of course), like the goal of player is to become one of the legendary LPers or something.

Anyways, count me in for this, when it's gonna be a thing.
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

Granix wrote:
mellonpizza wrote: ...Honestly I don't really see any talkhaus members taking a place as a boss with the exception of raocow (Which I either want to be the final boss or player character).
I think raocow as final boss, would fit the title (if it's gonna stay of course), like the goal of player is to become one of the legendary LPers or something.

So how about you play as a talkhaus newcomer who wants to be raocow...wven if that means killing him!
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander

Post by Sorel »

Ningamer wrote:
Granix wrote:

So how about you play as a talkhaus newcomer who wants to be raocow...wven if that means killing him!
That's actually not a bad idea.

He or she needs an obvious name like raocow_fan7381
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
mellonpizza
working

Post by mellonpizza »

Fluffi-dono wrote:
Ningamer wrote:So how about you play as a talkhaus newcomer who wants to be raocow...wven if that means killing him!

He or she needs an obvious name like raocow_fan7381
I think that's a pretty rad Idea. Characters like Demo can be a boss fight then. On that note, raocow could have a set of "guardians" that are creations of his/characters closely associated with him that are boss fights.

Maybe the player character could be a metaphor for the actual person playing the game, implying the player themselves is trying to be like raocow.
Granix

Post by Granix »

Key boss is a must xD

So the areas would be like part of raocow mind and beating a boss would make you closer to be him. And thus there could be a plot twist you were raocow all the time and you fought raocow at the end, because as we all know "raocow himself is his worst enemy".
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

So how about you play as a talkhaus newcomer who wants to be raocow...wven if that means killing him![/quote]

He or she needs an obvious name like raocow_fan7381[/quote]

Yay! Someone like's my ideas!!!

I think you should play as raocow_Is_My_Hero11706 if you're a boy and
raocow_Please_Marry_Me50257 if your a girl!
mellonpizza
working

Post by mellonpizza »

I have released a base file for now on the title post of this thread. It's very simplistic, but you can start getting familiar with Game maker/designing screens for the game. I don't know if the tutorial I gave in the readme is the absolute best, but I think it suffices.
Mikkofier
What about Ron magic?
First name: Mikko J. Fuzzygrumbles

Post by Mikkofier »

A young student of the raocow branch of The Art of Let's Play has travelled to the Temple of the Talking Haus to learn the ways of The Cow of Rao. Feeling that they have learned enough, the student has decided to undertake the highest test of all to become One with The Cow and maybe even surpass Him...
Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.
-Kurt Vonnegut
Context-free Supper Mario Broth Roulette! NOTE: Potential Jumpscare warning!
Avatar source (for most of them).
128-Up
Captain Aiwana

Post by 128-Up »

I'll put together a needle screen or two for now.

Anyone familiar with Rukito's games (SSR, GR, PYF, RZ, MMM)? I'm going for that kind of style.

EDIT: No "cherries" in the base file? Come on. :V
If Mario has taught me anything, it's that most things rely on whether there's something good in a nearby box.
Note: If something in the above post is done incorrectly, tell the poster as softly as possible, please.

Image <-- Click it!
Image Pokémon is hard.
mellonpizza
working

Post by mellonpizza »

128-Up wrote:EDIT: No "cherries" in the base file? Come on. :V
I may make some sort of an equivalent to cherries, like the super leeks.
Also I don't want to see cherries used as the only obstacle when making them move in circles, bounce around and whatnot. People can use another graphic/obstacle from another game. Example: Instead of a cherry moving in a circle, I can make a roto disc.

EDIT: Also make your needle rooms not to unbearable. plz.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Ningamer wrote:I think you should play as raocow_Is_My_Hero11706 if you're a boy and
boys can want to marry raocow too

but yeah seriously if the player character gets a silly name it should be one name that is non-gender-specific, its sort of dumb and unnecessary to do otherwise
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

Leet wrote:
Ningamer wrote:I think you should play as raocow_Is_My_Hero11706 if you're a boy and
boys can want to marry raocow too

but yeah seriously if the player character gets a silly name it should be one name that is non-gender-specific, its sort of dumb and unnecessary to do otherwise
Ok the name will only be raocow_Please_Marry_Me50257 ok?!
mellonpizza
working

Re: I wanna be the raocow!

Post by mellonpizza »

Hopefully you minions can scrummage up some good ideas within the next two days since I can't be on talkhaus. Try to talk more about things that aren't what the player character's (Seemingly unimportant) name. I made a list in the title post.
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

mellonpizza wrote:Hopefully you minions can scrummage up some good ideas within the next two days since I can't be on talkhaus. Try to talk more about things that aren't what the player character's (Seemingly unimportant) name. I made a list in the title post.
World 1:Plain's of the talking haus...

Also I think we should have a world map ala I wanna be the guy guiden.
Look it up if you need info!
Also we have A IRC #IWBTR so please join!
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

...Wow. Can't believe this actually has multiple people on board already.

If we're really going to do this and do it right, I wouldn't mind designing a couple of more trap/puzzle-focused rooms somewhere down the road, or maybe keeping track of an overall map so people don't run their sections into each other. I don't really want to become hugely invested in this, but I'd at least be interested in that much. I like maps.

and, um, speaking of which, how exactly will the overall map work? A bunch of different paths to do in any order from the start, like the original? Or something else like IWBTG Gaiden's stage select? My vote would go to the former, but I'm not exactly involving myself here, so my vote shouldn't really weigh much anyway.

edit: go me not realizing that's what we're supposed to talk about anyway. Um, yeah, I'd vote for at least some sort of non-linear progression in this, whether it be in the form of the original or a metroidvania or anything.
Last edited by cheez8 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
I don't really get it but okay
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

cheez8 wrote:...Wow. Can't believe this actually has multiple people on board already.

If we're really going to do this and do it right, I wouldn't mind designing a couple of more trap/puzzle-focused rooms somewhere down the road, or maybe keeping track of an overall map so people don't run their sections into each other. I don't really want to become hugely invested in this, but I'd at least be interested in that much. I like maps.

and, um, speaking of which, how exactly will the overall map work? A bunch of different paths to do in any order from the start, like the original? Or something else like IWBTG Gaiden's stage select? My vote would go to the former, but I'm not exactly involving myself here, so my vote shouldn't really weigh much anyway.
I think that IWBTG Gaiden's map is cool but maybe we could do a mix of world maps and Metroidvania?!
128-Up
Captain Aiwana

Post by 128-Up »

I personally don't see anything wrong with a linear set-up but including a "portal room" at some point.

That's just my opinion though.

Image <-- Click it!
Image Pokémon is hard.
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

128-Up wrote:I personally don't see anything wrong with a linear set-up but including a "portal room" at some point.

That's just my opinion though.
The Question is that should we keep the vice of IWBTG or mix things up?