(shouting)

Earthbound Hack

wanna make a game, or anything else? seminal bloom!
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Re: Earthbound Hack

Post by Leet »

i like how this thread was i think supposed to be a parody and then.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

Nah, not a parody. I think somebody mentioned in showcase that they'd been doing some Earthbound sprite shenanigans and Pholtos poked to see if there was interest.
WitherSnow

Post by WitherSnow »

Saturn Moriya wrote:YellowSnow, that is the worst split up ever.

Brainstormers, aka people that know nothing about programming but want overambitious things to happen (such as this whole "project"), the boss job, the terrible boss that has a disconnect with its employers (and if they lack inserters for very obvious reasons (such as a project being buried and done with) they'll whine about how hard it is for them to do the project because they act like spoiled children FUCK!!!).
Inserters, aka those who somehow wanna work for the brainstormers despite their terrible attitude, the ones who have a realistic view of what the actual weight of a project is.

Don't get me wrong, Earthbound hack would be great, but you can't just be like "ALRIGHT I GOT IDEA'S NOW MAKE THEM HAPPEN BECAUSE I'M WITHERSNOW THE GREAT LEADER AND PIONEER OF THE THINGS THAT EXIST".

Maybe I'm being a bit agressive, but this has been pretty much all of your posts.
LELELELEle I USE ALL CAPS TO MAKE MY VOICE LOUDER!!!

But seriously i kinda see why it's flawed. I see what you mean though. An EB hack can work. So you think of another way to work on it.
Why not have a proof of concept post on how we should go about things.
Ya know i understand if people think im a bit of a dick. I can be a huge asshole sometimes but at least i don't use all caps in large sentences.
Last edited by WitherSnow 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Leet

Post by Leet »

WitherSnow wrote:I can be a huge asshole sometimes but at least i don't use all caps in large sentences.
Yeah, I mean, me too, I committed theft and murder, but at least i don't use all caps in large sentences. That's some messed up stuff right there, what with how the letters are, uh... big. And different.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
WitherSnow

Post by WitherSnow »

alex2 wrote:yeah you just prefer to swear every other word
Then explain why that last post only had one swear word directed at myself.
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Sorel »

Useless arguments hoooooooo
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Saturn Moriya

Post by Saturn Moriya »

WitherSnow wrote:LELELELEle I USE ALL CAPS TO MAKE MY VOICE LOUDER!!!
I can be a huge asshole sometimes but at least i don't use all caps in large sentences.
Good job completely ignoring the part where the all caps sentence was a blunt way of portraying your writing. I did it in all caps because that's how your posts feel when I read them. You're not adding anything but irritation if you're gonna be like that. Everyone's trying to make this very clear to you but you still don't seem to get it.

Your blood their blood serves the same!!
WitherSnow

Post by WitherSnow »

Saturn Moriya wrote:
WitherSnow wrote:LELELELEle I USE ALL CAPS TO MAKE MY VOICE LOUDER!!!
I can be a huge asshole sometimes but at least i don't use all caps in large sentences.
Good job completely ignoring the part where the all caps sentence was a blunt way of portraying your writing. I did it in all caps because that's how your posts feel when I read them. You're not adding anything but irritation if you're gonna be like that. Everyone's trying to make this very clear to you but you still don't seem to get it.
Calm down that lelelel thing was a joke about you using all caps. It wasn't meant for you to get upset at. Sorry.

Alex... Here's the thing you arn't getting... I curse a lot when im angry but aside from using a curse like i would use the word the i don't angerly curse a lot. You seem to think angry me and normal me have the same attitude. Also yes please quote every post of mine and stir up more in-fighting because that is what this forum needs. DO it. I dare you.
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Post by Clamestarebla »

WitherSnow wrote:Also yes please quote every post of mine and stir up more in-fighting because that is what this forum needs.
He doesn't need to. You do that quite well on your own.
Train harder, run faster, be stronger, better, evolution never over.
Unaniem
Desperately trying to figure out just what the hell
First name: Tree

Post by Unaniem »

Saturn Moriya wrote:Good job completely ignoring the part where the all caps sentence was a blunt way of portraying your writing.
Withersnow wrote:Calm down that lelelel thing was a joke about you using all caps.
sonicspin
wishes
Banned
First name: t
Pronouns: whatever

Post by sonicspin »

about earthbound:
good luck trying to work with the scripting engine EB uses, it's kinda insane
d̀͢͏̷͢ȩ̢͡͞͠-̸̢͟҉g̶̡͟͞҉e͞͏͞͞͠n͢҉e̸̛͠͞r͟á̡͠͡ţ̛́͜i̧̛o̵̢ń̴͠͝͝
dA
Mabel
Just west of wierd
https://marbels.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mabel »

sonicspin wrote:about earthbound:
If you enjoy things breaking upon insertion worse than what anything SMW hacks as ever done(even A2MT) then youll LOVE hacking Earthbound. enjoy keeping many, maaaany backups of your project since one insertion error can break the entire game to the point you cant even edit it anymore.

this is one of those ideas we're better off using RPGMaker instead.
Image Image
WitherSnow

Post by WitherSnow »

Mabel wrote:
sonicspin wrote:about earthbound:
If you enjoy things breaking upon insertion worse than what anything SMW hacks as ever done(even A2MT) then youll LOVE hacking Earthbound. enjoy keeping many, maaaany backups of your project since one insertion error can break the entire game to the point you cant even edit it anymore.

this is one of those ideas we're better off using RPGMaker instead.
I actually have a little experience but yeah we should make our own game.
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Post by darkychao »

Why?
Why should we start another collab that when we already have 3+ projects on 3+ engines already in the works? What is so great about earthbound hacking that it needs to be another engine we need to deal with? Why is it that even though most people are against it that you continue to push it?
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:a medley is just, like, a mixture of medics
Check out my TF2 community workshop stuff:
Crust CrusherImage Crafty CutterImage PinheadImageThreadImage
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

darkychao wrote:Why?
Why should we start another collab that when we already have 3+ projects on 3+ engines already in the works? What is so great about earthbound hacking that it needs to be another engine we need to deal with? Why is it that even though most people are against it that you continue to push it?
Knee-jerk reaction, mostly.
The thread mostly died on the 4th, with two holdout posts four days later. WitherSnow posted an "idea" a little over a week after that, but nobody was interested and let the thread die as it already had. Then, caught up in the annoyance with the "What we can finish with A2MT" thread and the A3MT threads, it was apparently decided that 3+ threads wasn't enough to express annoyance with WitherSnow, so someone had to go digging up what he had posted a week earlier and scold him there, too (and would you look at that, it just happened on the "An Experimental Thing" suggestion thread too because let's all express our annoyance with one person in as many places as possible, that's always productive).

From there, Wither's defensiveness and stubbornness clashed with the apparently communal "someone is wrong on the Talkhaus! I have to correct it!" attitude, and here we are now, with almost a full page of completely irrelevant posts mostly consisting of
person wrote:
WitherSnow wrote:
person wrote:You're annoying
No you're annoying
That's annoying and you should stop
So yeah, while his ideas aren't necessarily productive, neither is making the New Projects subforum into a de facto "try to teach WitherSnow a lesson" forum. Continuing the argument in every thread won't help anything.

There really isn't any "pushing" an Earthbound hack. Just pointless stupid fighting.
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
WitherSnow

Post by WitherSnow »

Knee-jerk reaction, mostly.
The thread mostly died on the 4th, with two holdout posts four days later. WitherSnow posted an "idea" a little over a week after that, but nobody was interested and let the thread die as it already had. Then, caught up in the annoyance with the "What we can finish with A2MT" thread and the A3MT threads, it was apparently decided that 3+ threads wasn't enough to express annoyance with WitherSnow, so someone had to go digging up what he had posted a week earlier and scold him there, too (and would you look at that, it just happened on the "An Experimental Thing" suggestion thread too because let's all express our annoyance with one person in as many places as possible, that's always productive).

From there, Wither's defensiveness and stubbornness clashed with the apparently communal "someone is wrong on the Talkhaus! I have to correct it!" attitude, and here we are now, with almost a full page of completely irrelevant posts mostly consisting of
person wrote:
WitherSnow wrote:
person wrote:You're annoying
No you're annoying
That's annoying and you should stop
So yeah, while his ideas aren't necessarily productive, neither is making the New Projects subforum into a de facto "try to teach WitherSnow a lesson" forum. Continuing the argument in every thread won't help anything.

There really isn't any "pushing" an Earthbound hack. Just pointless stupid fighting.[/quote]

Someone a bit earlier said insertion would break things so im done with the EB hack idea. Unless we do a vanilla hack but i don't know if he/she was refering to choc insertion or just insertion in general. Also i am a stubborn asshole. I think the someone is wrong let me say something is spread equally across all users. I think it's just a thing that happens from time to time.
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

WitherSnow wrote:i don't know if he/she was refering to choc insertion or just insertion in general.
insertion in general. After looking at a page about Earthbound hacking, it appears even the simplest of things looks like it would be a nightmare to implement.
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
WitherSnow

Post by WitherSnow »

Whimsical Calamari wrote:
WitherSnow wrote:i don't know if he/she was refering to choc insertion or just insertion in general.
insertion in general. After looking at a page about Earthbound hacking, it appears even the simplest of things looks like it would be a nightmare to implement.
Ok thank you for clarifying.
sonicspin
wishes
Banned

Post by sonicspin »

I don't even know how radiation did his Earthbound Hack, insanity of an artist I guess
dA
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Sorel »

sonicspin wrote:I don't even know how radiation did his Earthbound Hack, insanity of an artist I guess
stubborness, determination, so basically insane. Yeah.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
WitherSnow

Post by WitherSnow »

sonicspin wrote:I don't even know how radiation did his Earthbound Hack, insanity of an artist I guess
Well i think hacking it solo doesn't break it but i don't know the contents of the hack
sonicspin
wishes
Banned

Post by sonicspin »

WitherSnow wrote:
Well i think hacking it solo doesn't break it but i don't know the contents of the hack
complete respriting of the game, new enemies, new story, and pretty coolness in general
dA
WitherSnow

Post by WitherSnow »

sonicspin wrote:
WitherSnow wrote:
complete respriting of the game, new enemies, new story, and pretty coolness in general
Oh wow. What's the name of the hack it sounds awesome.
Leet

Post by Leet »