(shouting)

Just a something that I thought up the other day

wanna make a game, or anything else? seminal bloom!
raekuul
D&C 112:13
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Just a something that I thought up the other day

Post by raekuul »

So while it's not A Super RPG Thing by a quite longshot, I did think about making an RPG that was literally nothing but boss fights. I would be limited by familiarity to the OHRRPGCE, but since the restrictions on imported graphics were recently adjusted to allow for more than one specific filetype that hasn't seen any real compatibility in terms of software the graphics won't be too much of a hassle.

So if I did make this sort of thing, would you all want to contribute bosses? If you did contribute bosses, would you be willing to make the graphics for it and name its unique attack? Am I just making unnecessary topics in the vain hope that one of these projects will keep my interest for a long period of time?
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
raekuul

Re: Just a something that I thought up the other day

Post by raekuul »

raekuul

Post by raekuul »

There's a lot that can be done outside of battle (some people have made shooters similar to R-type and Gradius using clever scripting), but short of scripting a custom battle engine we'd pretty much be limited to what we can do with a standard battle format since battlescripting isn't in existence yet.

That said, the engine has an expandable selection of "elements" and "enemy types" and "enemy entries" and all of the basic stuff. It recently had a "turn based/ATB" switch installed into the core engine too (though I don't know if that can be changed in-game through scripting yet).
raekuul

Post by raekuul »

I made a partial base for the something. I still need hero sprites and a small handful of walkabouts (hero, announcer, and shopkeepers)

Graphic Size Chart (in pixels):

Code: Select all

Heroes...........32x40
  Walkabout........20x20
  Portraits........50x50
  Small Enemies....34x34
  Large Enemies....50x50
  Huge Enemies.....80x80
  Attacks..........50x50
  Weapons..........24x24
  Box borders......16x16
Sprites are limited to 16 colors but the bitdepth that the bitmap is saved at doesn't seem to matter.