(shouting)

ARPGMT, AZCT, AMMT

wanna make a game, or anything else? seminal bloom!
aterraformer

ARPGMT, AZCT, AMMT

Post by aterraformer »

I have some wonderful possibly overzealous ideas! I'm fully aware that at the current moment that there would not be a place for another collab project but these are ideas for when ASMBXT and A2MT get finished.

A RPG Maker Thing: I remember a video not too long ago (or maybe it was) raocow mentioned about having used RPG Maker in the past. Both myself and Jolpenguy have also messed around with the engine and I'm sure we are not the only ones. I would suggest RM2003 myself since it is my personal favorite. I find it to be pretty easy to use and also the "see the characters on screen battle system" is neat/totally not wonky at all. The later releases wouldn't be bad but it would require some of the contributes to be good at script language: Ruby. I wouldn't mind helping to lead this project but I don't have the confidence to do on my own!

A Zelda Classic Thing: I know nothing of this engine but it's an idea. I'm sure this engine would be more capable of making a more varied difficulty unlike say ALttP: Parallel Worlds haha. I should really get on downloading this.

A Mega Man Thing: I haven't tried any of the engines but there are plenty out there. I'd honestly prefer MMX but apparently the engine is very limited (and I wasn't able to run MMX2 even though it clearly says!). I have plenty of ideas for a Mega Man hack and you should too.

Yup, I got nothing else. Let's make up ideas to eventually make happen things.
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Re: ARPGMT, AZCT, AMMT

Post by Awakenyourmind »

"A Zelda Classic Thing: I know nothing of this engine but it's an idea. I'm sure this engine would be more capable of making a more varied difficulty unlike say ALttP: Parallel Worlds haha. I should really get on downloading this."

I've been using zelda classic for over 7 years now, so that would be a possibility. I've also got a friend who lps and has made amazing video guides for new users! Anything more advanced you can ask me, and I can help or refer you to a better place for your question.

A new stable version was released recently for the first time in many years! It comes with many features and editing capability. I'll have to create a side scrolling mario quest to show you guys it seems! Like ASM theres a thing called zscript, and there are currently a nice amount of scripts you can use. You can also request, I've had some created for myself even!
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

Thanks Franky, could you send me your friend's youtube? When I get more into it I'm sure I'll have questions to ask you haha. How friendly would ZC be for group stuff?
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Sure thing. Here is his channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Teamudf
And here is the ZC video guide playlist he made: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKoTJ4CY ... 2DB21E7DAB

By the way. He's Lped many fully made Zelda Classic games on his channel, some with amazing scripts and things from other users! Some of those Lps and quests are amazing. He's also Lped some LTTP rom hacks as well. I suggest watching Hero of Dreams Lp, it's one of the best ZC quests ever made! It really shows off many things. And it's not even from the newer versions! he has playlists on his channel, I suggest checking the guide and game videos for Zelda Classic. Anyone who is interested. ;)

Til this day he is still Lping Zelda classic quests, as the community is bigger then ever now days!
Isocitration

Post by Isocitration »

That Zelda Classic stuff looks pretty awesome. I have no idea how a collab would work with that but I think it'd be interesting to make a Zelda thing!

The only experience I have with RPG maker is a little bit of map making something like 8 years ago. I don't think I've ever played or seen anyone's actual game made using it so I have no idea how it would work!

Megaman sounds literally perfect though I don't know how feasible that would be.

I guess overall I'd be leaning the most toward the Zelda thing because that's something I'm more knowledgeable about at least.
raocow wrote:you are dommed iso.
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

I like the ideas for Zelda and Megaman if only because it could only take on a certain number of people
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Everyone who wants to join in can make a screen... or something.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Here's some screens of mine (check spoiler) for those who've not seen the program ingame. (Though really almost anything can be edited in any tileset, that includes subscreens with items on them and even your heart container box. The new version has an entire enemy editor so that you can customize your enemies how you see fit. There's really so much things you can do with this program, without even needing scripts. You can import and export almost anything as well so this is very possible!

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image
Image Image

ImageImage Image

ImageImage

And if you guys want to see an evil (little?) dungeon I made check these videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5SFvO0ybow part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cblSA8w0PWg part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nStuy17h10I part 3

Like my smw hack stuff, it's hard and a bit evil. So don't be turned off by my evil dungeon. You can however see some scripts in action!
ultratowel112
Pronouns: He/him

Post by ultratowel112 »

I would strongly suggest not doing MMX. The editor (that I found) is limited as all get-out and just terrible for anything other than text/some ASM editing. How limited? You can't move sprites and everything is one layer. Yes, even the background. If you get rid of any of the things that would be on SMW layer 1, there is no background behind it. There are also random glitches. If you look at the intro stage of Towel Shack, there is a wall of glitchy graphics near the end. I don't even know what I did that made it happen, but I decided not to fix it because it was possible to get over.
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

These actually do sound like they could be interesting- I'd possibly be willing to help in some fashion if they ever happened! Although I'm not sure how well an ASMT RPG would 'work', but still.
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

The RPG is actually what I would most be interested in seeing, because I'm curious to have the talkhaus would make a RPG more skill based than number based.

Also It would cool because it would just be a massive content dump from the forum.
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly

Post by swirlybomb »

After considering it a little, I have to agree that I would actually be interested to see how an ASMT RPG would turn out!

I'm already wondering which Touhou song will be the final boss theme.
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

There apparently was an attempt by someone to create Talkhausmon by hacking a gen 1 pokemon game. I considered doing such a thing as a rpgmaker talkhausmon, but that would be too much work and time for me.
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Post by jayScribble »

Not to mention about how many different mons we/they/someone has/have to design to differentiate mons from the main Pokémon series.

The RPG I'm well interested in, but only time will tell when it happens.
Already thinking up of songs for certain themes, such as Crystallized Silver for an Ice boss.
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:
raekuul
D&C 112:13
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by raekuul »

swirlybomb wrote:I'm already wondering which Touhou song will be the final boss theme.
You mean Solar Sect of Ancient Mysticism isn't a shoe-in for the spot?
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

jayScribble wrote:Not to mention about how many different mons we/they/someone has/have to design to differentiate mons from the main Pokémon series.
Coming up with mons would be easy:

Everyone active member of Talkhaus, as well as old ones.
Touhoumons
characters from games: Boki Lamira, Bunny the Honeywhite, Cat planet, Demo, and the cast of that comic raocow does but no one plays attention to.
We have no shortage of mons.

If someone is familiar with RMXP, I would suggest checking out: Touhoumon Essentials Development Starter Kit for RMXP if they wanted a talkhausmon game.

I'm sure if someone was crazy enough to start this, there would be no stopping them.
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Post by jayScribble »

I stand corrected.

But who's going to program and code such a feat? Who's going to draw all of the mons? Is raocow going to catch them all? Find out in the future! (In this case I don't know.)
I'm not even near finishing my ICT bachelor, let alone know how to write a code for a game.
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

jayScribble wrote:I stand corrected.

But who's going to program and code such a feat? Who's going to draw all of the mons? Is raocow going to catch them all? Find out in the future! (In this case I don't know.)
I'm not even near finishing my ICT bachelor, let alone know how to write a code for a game.
I don't think it would be quite as hard if one was to start from the starter kit I linked.

Drawing the mons won't be difficult, as many of them would be avatars and simple game characters. Plus the starter kit already has all the touhou characters. Plus there are quite of lot of artsy people in talkhaus after all.

Learning the game making program would probably take the most work, although I wouldn't be surprised if someone here already knows how to do it.

The particular starter kit has a working combat system already. I've played around enough to know mons are easy to make. Much of the work is simply messing with txt files. Map making, dialogues, scripting, and AI is a different story. There is a working AI with type knowledge. It's easy to make a new type, but making the AI work with it would be complex as far as I can tell.
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly

Post by swirlybomb »

raekuul wrote:
swirlybomb wrote:I'm already wondering which Touhou song will be the final boss theme.
You mean Solar Sect of Ancient Mysticism isn't a shoe-in for the spot?
I think there are a number of feasible candidates, honestly!

I think Talkhausmon could actually be pretty entertaining, though game balance and all that could maybe be tricky? I'd be willing to pitch in to some degree on such a project though.
TheVulpineHero1
Party hazard fiesta mix

Post by TheVulpineHero1 »

Well, game balance would depend largely on how closely you follow the actual Pokemon architecture. Since all the damage formulae for the Pokemon franchise have been explored to death, it would be fairly easy to just modify them/build stats to suit them (although I dunno how well that would work with RPGmaker's tools, since I haven't used the engine). That would be a major problem solved immediately. Beyond that, it'd all come down the newly generated talkhaus mons and whether the stats/attacks given to them are balanced, which is the other half of the cookie.

tl;dr pokemon should be pretty easy to adapt since vast amounts of the underlying mechanics are plastered about the web.

I'm interested in helping out with these various overzealous projects, but I don't know much about the engines, coding or art, so I probably wouldn't be much good.
Broken image, apparently
Broken image
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

Storyline:
SSohPKC is trying to take over the world with powers of tool abuse
The Pokemon thing wasn't exactly what I had in mind...
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

I approve of the plot.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Cloaytonem2

Post by Cloaytonem2 »

Just wondering, how "open" is RPGMaker? I mean, one of the games raocow played was a platformer made in RPGMaker. I'd like to know if we can do some real fancy stuff for the battles, and depending on the code, I may or may not be able to help with that.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

Cloaytonem2 wrote:Just wondering, how "open" is RPGMaker? I mean, one of the games raocow played was a platformer made in RPGMaker. I'd like to know if we can do some real fancy stuff for the battles, and depending on the code, I may or may not be able to help with that.
There is demo version of the full thing, but after a month you have to buy it. I think there might be an partial version that's free, but I don't know anything really about it.

I wouldn't say the getting raocow to play it will be the main proirity, and more likely to be made just for fun's sake. I wouldn't rule out him LPing it if we somehow make it good enough.
Cloaytonem2

Post by Cloaytonem2 »

RPGs are generally a bad idea to LP unless you cut out the many non-important battles, and that requires some heavy editing and you would usually still be left with something pretty uninteresting to the viewer.

This would just be something fun for the forum to do besides another platformer. raocow could just show a small bit of the game during an intermission or message to the fans, but for the most part it's probably something he shouldn't do a full LP of unless it turns out really short.