(shouting)

ARPGMT, AZCT, AMMT

wanna make a game, or anything else? seminal bloom!
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Re: ARPGMT, AZCT, AMMT

Post by Awakenyourmind »

You can not only jump with the rocs feather, but there's also the 'stomp boots" which hurt enemies when you land on them from jumping with said feather! :P Don't underestimate ZC just yet. A bunch of scripts for it as well! Even now days they are actively released and requested!

There's even the hover boots that can work with the rocs feather to glide longer, and stomp boots would also work with this! Custom item AND enemy editor, and more. The new version released recently is the first stable release in YEARS.

It's called ZC 2.50 :)
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

Franky wrote:You can not only jump with the rocs feather, but there's also the 'stomp boots" which hurt enemies when you land on them from jumping with said feather! :P Don't underestimate ZC just yet. A bunch of scripts for it as well! Even now days they are actively released and requested!

There's even the hover boots that can work with the rocs feather to glide longer, and stomp boots would also work with this! Custom item AND enemy editor, and more. The new version released recently is the first stable release in YEARS.

It's called ZC 2.50 :)
Oh wow, that's cool. I knew of the item editor, so I should have remembered the Roc's Feather in that last post, but seeing the Stomp and Hover Boots as extra upgrades makes it even better. That is really interesting. Now I really want AZCT to see the light of day!
I don't really get it but okay
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Jump height/gravity can be edited as well, and you can choose to make the level a sidescroller/platformer like regular Mario world! These options are very easy to find in ZC, and don't require editing items. ZC is more then just a zelda program. now days you can create quests far from zelda it's self.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

A lot of people seem interested in the ZC thing. I think all that's needed to get this project rolling is a conceptual video showcasing gimmicks that might appeal to talkhaus tastes(like the Boo movement note blocks for ASMBXT).
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by raekuul »

We'll want to decide on a number of things early on, though:

How many dungeons will we have?
What items will we be using?
When should certain items be available?
Do we want it to be possible to get through the game with only 3 hearts and no defensive upgrades?

If I were in charge of this, I would say that we should work in groups of 2 for the dungeons - one builder and one tester - as well as getting someone who is intimately familiar with ZC to pull it all together.

And please don't look at me like that, I don't know how to work the editor yet.

If we were doing ARPGT using the OHR, I'd be more use on the creative side of things simply by sheer familiarity with the engine, but that's another slew of problems entirely.
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

I hadn't considered working in teams of 2, but that's actually an excellent way to catch problems early on. A simple oversight in one room could affect all of the rooms after it, and with as long and complex as these dungeons can be, problems really can't afford to go unnoticed for long. Good idea!

On the subject of questions that need to be answered early on, we'll also need to decide to what extent we'll incorporate a platforming aspect. From what Franky said, we can modify the game to give everything gravity and make it fully platform-based. I would prefer keeping the usual top-down dungeon scheme, though, so we'll need to decide on things like that right from the get-go.

While I'd love to help lead the project this time around, I don't have any ZC experience either. I can still help out on the coordination side of things, but putting me in charge of any technical aspects would be a bad idea.
I don't really get it but okay
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by raekuul »

The amount of side-scrolling can be decided on a dungeon-by-dungeon basis, really, though for full effect we would have to go the Link's Awakening route and give the Roc's Feather out ridiculously early.

EDIT: You know what, I'll just make a new thread for AZCT planning.
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

raekuul wrote:I'll just make a new thread for AZCT planning.
i am going to join this and proceed to make the worst dungeon segment (assuming all dungeons will be made by more than one person) in the entire game

that is now my goal
pretend this music is playing as i state this
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Post by jayScribble »

You know, after seeing Sheath in ASMBXT with her attacks and jumps, as well as hearing some Castlevania music in one of the test dungeons in AZCT, I've been thinking about one thing: is there a NES Castlevania editing too out there?

Edit: "too"? "TOO"?! Where the heck did "too" come from? What I meant was "tool". I should never forget my Ls.
Last edited by jayScribble 11 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

jayScribble wrote:You know, after seeing Sheath in ASMBXT with her attacks and jumps, as well as hearing some Castlevania music in one of the test dungeons in AZCT, I've been thinking about one thing: is there a NES Castlevania editing too out there?
Of course not but I have no idea how much is possible with the engine(s). I'm actually thinking more of an Adventure of Link hack. That game does not get enough love because of how much better it could have been pulled off and I feel the same about Castlevania 2. I think AoL would make more sense considering Sheath's base in ASMBXT. I do not know anything of that hack tool(s) either.
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

I've always wanted to make something in RPG Maker, I'd like to change my interest to that possible project. ^^
HarmfulGravemind
First name: Steve

Post by HarmfulGravemind »

Oh boy, RPG Maker, I so remember that thing, a long time ago I made a game in RPG Maker 2000. It god really complex after a while, up to a chrono trigger like battle system. It even had minigames. You could gain rare items by beating them. The quicker you beat it the better the item. I gave the spells levels, the more you use them the stronger they got, but when you didn't use them for a while, they got weaker again. There was only one weapon, a sword, that you could upgrade at a weapons smith if you had the right materials. Of course the more you used your sword the weaker it got. So you had to repair it at a blacksmith, this did not cost materials, just money.

And than it happened... hardrive failure, the complete project (and tons of other things) was gone.

Great now I am depressed because of all the work lost so many years ago :\

Anyway, holy balls, this interest me greatly, I always wanted to get back into RPG Makering, but I could never get myself up to do so. Well, this is a reason to relearn the engine!
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

HarmfulGravemind wrote:a sad turn of events
oh wow... you never uploaded anywhere/saved on something did you? I remember spending time looking through message boards trying to find a Chrono Trigger coding for XP or whatever. There was that one, Seekers of the Sun for 2000 or 2003 that used it and it was pretty neat but incomplete. I always really liked that type battle system only ever used in Breath of Fire III and possibly Grandia for the Sega Saturn... I own it yet still don't know these facts.
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
HarmfulGravemind
First name: Steve

Post by HarmfulGravemind »

nope, I had no backup saves. But oh well, now I don't remember RPG Maker 2000 all that well, but my question would be, if we would use a different version, a newer one, that is, would that still be kind of the same, or is it now completely different?
I've heard you basically have to know a scripting language to do anything advanced nowadays. So no more Parallel Conditions that run all the time as I was using back in the old days.

I can not write code, tried often, but I just don't get it, something in my brain just works completely against programming languages. Don't know why. Maybe I am just a dum :lol:
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

I'm pretty sure XP and VX have some similar codings but are more focused on ruby. If I were you, I would go with 2003. It's basically 2000 with some nice upgrades some of which (like the FF style battle system) you wouldn't really need anyway. Lives to 99 is pretty cool and there are some hacks like RM2009 that allow for a lot more slots for everything.
XutaWoo

Post by XutaWoo »

TheVulpineHero1 wrote:I'm surprised no one has suggested making a Touhou Danmakufu Thing yet. That just seems like the next logical evolution of the talkhaus's injokes and stuff. However, from what little I know of it, the editor seems quite heavy on the coding aspect, more like a programming language than anything else; from what I know of python and the info on the wiki, I could probably puzzle something out, but it'd help to have someone a little better at coding (and/or experienced with the editor) along for the ride.

Considering the relative difficulty of making something like that work, this might not be suited for a talkhaus collab. It's a nice pipedream, though!
Digging this one back up, one of my ideas for Danmakufu was a sort of original property based off of teaching players how to play danmaku games. It'd be like Shoot the Bullet, with stages divided into worlds and the early stages would teach the player about streaming, juking, leading, etc before it just turned into good ol' single spell card stages using all the skills learned up to this point.

If there's interest in this (which requires an interest in learning the language) we could set it up like this, with everyone picking a character of their own creation and creating patterns for them, as well as what world for them to appear in (mostly important for the early ones that teach the skills, though).

It'd work better than a more traditional shooter, since rao wouldn't be stuck not knowing about a particular trick and he can just redo the same pattern over and over again.
tenta
First name: Alex

Post by tenta »

I vote for RPG Maker. I used and still use RPG Maker since 2000 (From RPG Maker 200 to VX ace).

For the one who said to use RPG Maker 2003 for the final fantasy like battles. You can do this in RPG Maker XP, VX and VX ace with the use of some scripts. I have a really big amount of scripts to completely change the system how the game can work. To options, beastiary, quest log, battle system. Hell i even saw someone make a gradius like game on RPG Maker. I am pretty good at mapping and skill animations. As well as calculating stats to not make stuff too op and atuff like that.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

tenta wrote:I vote for RPG Maker. I used and still use RPG Maker since 2000 (From RPG Maker 200 to VX ace).

For the one who said to use RPG Maker 2003 for the final fantasy like battles. You can do this in RPG Maker XP, VX and VX ace with the use of some scripts. I have a really big amount of scripts to completely change the system how the game can work. To options, beastiary, quest log, battle system. Hell i even saw someone make a gradius like game on RPG Maker. I am pretty good at mapping and skill animations. As well as calculating stats to not make stuff too op and atuff like that.
I think my biggest gripe with the newer engines is that every project uses literally the same graphics. That said, I would consider working with it more even though I do like 2003 the most and is where I have the most experience.
tenta
First name: Alex

Post by tenta »

aterraformer wrote:
tenta wrote:I vote for RPG Maker. I used and still use RPG Maker since 2000 (From RPG Maker 200 to VX ace).

I think my biggest gripe with the newer engines is that every project uses literally the same graphics. That said, I would consider working with it more even though I do like 2003 the most and is where I have the most experience.
If someone cane make custom graphics for characters, faceset, tileset, icons, window and animations, Id be willing to insert everything. i could also insert the scripts needed for said battle system, custom menu and add an option script that i have to adjust BMG and Sound volume, window colors and everything like that.

Edit: Here one of my old project i worked on with VX. notice that the graphic and menu system are completely changed. i changed literally everything .