(shouting)

Planning/Plot Thread

Revolution, the only solution, the armed response of an entire nation.

This is an RPG.
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Planning/Plot Thread

Post by Clamestarebla »

Based on the threads The truth about raocow and the Talkhaus- Wake up Sheeple and RESIST THE LOWER CASE, we are gonna make an RPG. And since democracy chose to do a FE Hack, we're gonna hack FE7. You can download a draft of the plot here:
download/file.php?id=8526
Last edited by Clamestarebla 9 years ago, edited 11 times in total.
Train harder, run faster, be stronger, better, evolution never over.
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Re: The Talkhaus Revolution (RPG Project)

Post by Ditocoaf »

To make this simpler (that is, actually possible to complete), I'd say that recruitable characters should have minimal dialoge -- they'll be standing around somewhere, have a couple lines before you choose them, then once they're in your party they're mostly quiet (so there's no worrying about having context-sensitive dialogue for every character for every situation). You'll have a party of characters, and once that's full you'd have to dump someone to pick up someone else.

Also, that way talkhausers have a real choice to make: It might be more fun to be a recruitable character, but you might have more than one line of speech if you're an NPC.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Just wanted to say that I am against this. The last time an in-joke in a completely different and silly thread was taken seriously, and made into a game about talkhaus members, it didn't even get off the ground. That really should have stayed as a forum game, and this as just a joke in two joke threads.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

I'm not exactly against the idea per say as Anomaly is, but I do think you guys should consider a few things.

Mostly just if you'll have the manpower and willpower to make the game. Both are extremely important, mind.

Anomaly is right in that this smells HEAVILY exactly like the VN did when it started. If the VN couldn't get made with it being a REALLY simple game, why do you think an RPG (A more complicated kind of game) will be able to get made?

I wish you guys all the luck if you really do choose to go with this, I just hope it doesn't turn into another dead project with a few broken hearts over it being dead.
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

On the internet, fanmade RPGs seem to have the lowest percentage of seeing release. On based on an injoke just plummets that chance down even lower.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

ano0maly wrote:Just wanted to say that I am against this. The last time an in-joke in a completely different and silly thread was taken seriously, and made into a game about talkhaus members, it didn't even get off the ground. That really should have stayed as a forum game, and this as just a joke in two joke threads.
The lesson there was don't piss off the entire talkhaus on a totally tangential subject while not actually leading either.

I don't see why we would use those elements, as I don't really see us being sorted easily into elements.

I learn toward tactical as the gameplay style, with the battles like an extended chess board. This would probably be the most fun to create and play through.

Without an working prototype, I don't see much value in this thread though. We don't even know which engine to use. You will have to do your own research and come up with the demo. I've always thought a talkhausmon game would be the easiest RPG to make due to the easy nature of including lots of talkhausers.
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

I'm not sure about anyone else, but while I loved the intro with the layout of Talkhausbourg and the main antagonists, I had a lot of trouble following the plot outline you had there. I think it's also way too long for something that was probably originally intended to be a short little funtimes project.

...That is, in addition to what others have already said. While the idea's entertaining, I'm not sure if it's particularly practical...
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
Demolition

Post by Demolition »

Maybe have this outright replace the visual novel. This already pretty much has more content completed.
Also possibly break it down into 5, 2 chapter long games, that way if it falls apart in chapter 6 there will still be something to show for it.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

but i liked the visual novel :[
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Ditocoaf

Post by Ditocoaf »

Yeah, I don't think this is incredibly likely to get anywhere, but like I said in my first post, the best advice is to simplify, simplify, simplify. That's how things actually get done.
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

also

If this ends up being legit I think it'd be much better to have 'nonsense' elements rather than Fire, Water, etc. As an example, OFF had elements of Smoke, Meat, Plastic, and Metal... some quick thoughts might be Laughter, Sadness, Rage, Panic, I dunno. The weapons and classes also seem rather bland and could use some similar spicing up.

But yeah if you want this to work I do think it probably needs to be simplified a lot. And all that jazz.
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
KingTwelveSixteen
? Title Title Title Title ?

Post by KingTwelveSixteen »

swirlybomb wrote:also

If this ends up being legit I think it'd be much better to have 'nonsense' elements rather than Fire, Water, etc. As an example, OFF had elements of Smoke, Meat, Plastic, and Metal... some quick thoughts might be Laughter, Sadness, Rage, Panic, I dunno. The weapons and classes also seem rather bland and could use some similar spicing up.

But yeah if you want this to work I do think it probably needs to be simplified a lot. And all that jazz.
If the game's going for actual nonsense elements, then it needs to go much more nonsensical than that.

Howsabout the elements of Steam, Heart, Purple, Destruction, and Pickles?
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

KingTwelveSixteen wrote:

If the game's going for actual nonsense elements, then it needs to go much more nonsensical than that.

We shouldn't lose coherency making nontraditional elements. They have to mean something to at least the talkhaus.

For all we know, well end up with a pokemon based engine so it's quit disadvantageous to dictate these things before we have an engine. This is turning into a Role Play thread at this point.
Ditocoaf

Post by Ditocoaf »

Septentrion Pleiades wrote:This is turning into a Role Play thread at this point.
Almost as if it were about a Role Playing... Game. An RPG, if you will.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

Ditocoaf wrote:
Septentrion Pleiades wrote:This is turning into a Role Play thread at this point.
Almost as if it were about a Role Playing... Game. An RPG, if you will.
So wouldn't belong in forum games at this point?
zmonbobbo
Haustone Tournament Semifinalist
Hey there! I'm a dude!
First name: Zach

Post by zmonbobbo »

Zmon
Fighter
Uses Blades
Spells/Techs
-Slice 'n dice
-Punch things really hard or somethin'
-Punch self in gut to realize true potential
-idk something else I'm super not good at coming up with these, haha
-ULTIMATE: Super Fire Chop 30XX+ Collector's Edition
Characteristics:
Hair: Medium, Brown
Facial Hair: Short beard
Clothes Color: Orange
Personality: Relaxed, uses dry/self-depricating humor, considerate.
I hope this thing takes off, and I'm willing to help in small doses if I can find the time (I'm really busy with school and work, but we'll see).

If I may ask, who wrote out the plot? Seems like a lot of thought was put into this thing already!
I'm probably driving right now.
TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

This would be super neat if it actually got somewhere, methinks. However, I concur, an RPG would require a lot of work, and would be likely to die out.
That being said, I'm willing to lend whatever meager assistance I can to help ensure it doesn't die if this actually becomes a thing. :)
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

About the story:
Are we really going to have the player KILL raocow and take his place? That seems a bit too overboard.
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Post by Clamestarebla »

Septentrion Pleiades wrote:About the story:
Are we really going to have the player KILL raocow and take his place? That seems a bit too overboard.
I prefer using the words "dispose of". But I get your point, maybe the player won't kill him but instead will seal him in Hell or something.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Can I be the generic roadblock guard guy that prevents the peoples from going to areas they aren't suppose to til the plot makes it to the point they need to? XD
And potentially the guardian to the final area (as in an actual fight)
Last edited by pholtos 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Ditocoaf

Post by Ditocoaf »

Horikawa Otane wrote:in the spirit of the thread that i created, can i be included as a turncoat revolutionary who was forcibly converted by the rao government?

like blake from blake's 7 first episode, but less dramatic obviously.

also aaaahhh tactical rpgs <33333333. can we enable permadeath ala fire emblem?
Horikawa is a really powerful character who fights alongside you in the tutorials but then later is a middle-to-endgame boss.
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

Horikawa Otane wrote:in the spirit of the thread that i created, can i be included as a turncoat revolutionary who was forcibly converted by the rao government?
and my lover <3
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

Clemasterable wrote:The possible classes are the following:
[Three sorts of mages and only one non-mage]
[...]
There will be 3 main types of weapons:
[Several non-magic weapons]
I get that everything has to be kept simple for something to be made of this before everybody loses interest, but come on, you have to admit lumping all the non-mages together as "fighters" is a bit overkill. Unless the only distinction between them is their weapons, which would just be incredibly boring.
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Post by Clamestarebla »

If we are going to go for a Tactical RPG, the engine we would go for would be RPG Maker VX ACe since there is a code on the Internet that allows us to make tactical battle systems (it also supports 3D isometric display!).

Also, if we are going to use VX Ace, it'll be bought on a shared account so that peeps can use it to make their own dungeons! Neato huh?
Ditocoaf wrote:

like blake from blake's 7 first episode, but less dramatic obviously.

also aaaahhh tactical rpgs <33333333. can we enable permadeath ala fire emblem?
Horikawa is a really powerful character who fights alongside you in the tutorials but then later is a middle-to-endgame boss.
10 000 votes for yes
Septentrion Pleiades wrote:
KingTwelveSixteen wrote:

We shouldn't lose coherency making nontraditional elements. They have to mean something to at least the talkhaus.
Agreed, suggest stuff, go.
Last edited by Clamestarebla 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Menshay

Post by Menshay »

Horikawa Otane wrote:can we enable permadeath ala fire emblem?
There is no death. Only demos and science.

(Not volunteering for this in any role, in case anyone cared.)