(shouting)

Planning/Plot Thread

Revolution, the only solution, the armed response of an entire nation.

This is an RPG.
Mabel
Just west of wierd
https://marbels.talkhaus.com/

Re: The Talkhaus Revolution (RPG Project)

Post by Mabel »

Clemasterable wrote:
Here you go
It looks pretty dang good. We dont even have to go s00pr ambitious and rather larj and just use this.
these FE7 hacking tools are probably more collab friendly than RPG Maker aswell.
I guess everyone who works with this can make their own maps/levels whatever, even make your own character with whatever class is available.
so before I get a good look at this what limits does this thing has? map/character limits I mean...?
Image Image
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Post by Clamestarebla »

Everybody who wants to participate in the hacking/rpg raise your hand and say "I"
*raises hand* I
Train harder, run faster, be stronger, better, evolution never over.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Eye
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
KingTwelveSixteen
? Title Title Title Title ?

Post by KingTwelveSixteen »

Eeeeeehhhhhnnnnnyeeeeeeeehh........

MAYBE.
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

I might be interested if some kind of design document (even a really simple one) was drawn up to concisely say "this is the game, this is what type of game it is, it is about this and that, and these are the elements of the game" so I know what it's actually supposed to be first.

Although I guess it's "a Fire Emblem 7 hack" by this point so I know that much at least!
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
Kil

Post by Kil »

For real, this has no chance of ever going anywhere.

Feel free to prove me wrong on that, but you guys are spinning your wheels for nothing with this. There are other projects that are close to completion that could use your manpower instead. Like, there are just 5 or so SDS levels left for someone to make before that thing is ready to be tested and released. I'm pretty sure all the other collabs are doomed, but really, an RPG? That's got to be even more doomed than the talkhaus dating sim was.
DON'T PM me. Ask your question in the help thread so everyone can be answered.
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

Actually pretty much what Kil said. The track record of the talkhaus is that we can't complete any project more ambitious than ASMT.
A2MT? Stalled at 95% and died.
A2XT? Stalled at 95%.
SDS? Stalled at 80-90%.
AZCT? Stalled at 50-60%.
ASMT 64? Didn't even start.

Is JUMP doing anything? I don't know. Really though this place will never finish anything overly complicated and this project certainly is.

I realise I'm being negative here due to being in a bad mood, and could have phrased this more delicately, but this is what the evidence shows.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

jump is doing things theyre getting there

but yeah i agree we should really hold off on starting projects until we deal with what we have
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

Horikawa Otane wrote:Personally, I see all of the existing projects finishing on their own except AZCT and ASMT64, which I kinda see dying.
I'm a bit more pessimistic than that but it's really not a coincidence that those two are the most ambitious, and AZCT is less ambitious than this project is.
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Post by Clamestarebla »

swirlybomb wrote:I might be interested if some kind of design document (even a really simple one) was drawn up to concisely say "this is the game, this is what type of game it is, it is about this and that, and these are the elements of the game" so I know what it's actually supposed to be first.

Although I guess it's "a Fire Emblem 7 hack" by this point so I know that much at least!
Agreed, I'll start working on that document tonight.
Kil wrote:For real, this has no chance of ever going anywhere.

Feel free to prove me wrong on that, but you guys are spinning your wheels for nothing with this. There are other projects that are close to completion that could use your manpower instead. Like, there are just 5 or so SDS levels left for someone to make before that thing is ready to be tested and released. I'm pretty sure all the other collabs are doomed, but really, an RPG? That's got to be even more doomed than the talkhaus dating sim was.
I made 1-1 when I wasn't supposed to and took the author room out of Weston's hand to save him some effort and time-wasting spriting shenanigans. Pretty sure the rest of the levels are being taken care of for the moment.
Horikawa Otane wrote:Personally, I see all of the existing projects finishing on their own except AZCT and ASMT64, which I kinda see dying.

I don't know why there'd be any problem in planning this and scoping out the field. Seeing what is and isn't possible, etc.

Consider this a planning thread for the eventual project forum. Plenty of time for other projects to close.
My thoughts in a nutshell
Demolition

Post by Demolition »

I'm planning to get started (again) on ASM64T as soon as A2MBXT: EP1 is finished, I'll do a much better job this time around. My plan is to make the game in chunks. I will get 5 or so people to contribute levels for the first chunk and then make a complete, yet short, game at that point. I will then get another 5 people to contribute and so forth. If everyone totally gives up and leaves the project at this point we will have something completed to release.

I really think (as I said in an earlier post) that we should do something similar for this project and release it episodically with one chapter per episode. That way if Ideas run dry we will always have a place to cap it off. This also might provide more resources to work with each chapter.
Learning-Timebuster
First name: Luka
Pronouns: xe or she

Post by Learning-Timebuster »

As has been discussed in otherplace, I'd be willing to help as well.
"i like bugs"
t
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Sorel »

I usually got great ideas, so maybe I can help with the story or maybe character personalities.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Re: The Talkhaus Revolution (FE7 Hack Project)

Post by Clamestarebla »

Democracy wants a FE7 hack, a FE7 hack is what it's gonna get!
Other changes were made to the OP
markyjoe1990

Post by markyjoe1990 »

What the...

Seriously? A raocow-based Fire Emblem hack? What are the odds!?

I've been FE hacking for years, and made a couple hacks. On my youtube channel, I've ran a fire emblem hacking contest called Ragefest, and reviewed a bunch of FE hacks. How is it that raocow, the guy who is all into them platformers, is getting a hack that I am one of the most capable of helping with!?

Well, I suppose it doesn't matter. Point is, I can help. I know almost everything about how to FE hack. Some basic ASM, event coding, map making, CGs, changing graphics, and so on. Whatever I don't know, there's a lot of resources and documentations to work with.
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Post by Clamestarebla »

markyjoe1990 wrote:What the...

I've been FE hacking for years, and made a couple hacks. On my youtube channel, I've ran a fire emblem hacking contest called Ragefest, and reviewed a bunch of FE hacks. How is it that raocow, the guy who is all into them platformers, is getting a hack that I am one of the most capable of helping with!?

Well, I suppose it doesn't matter. Point is, I can help. I know almost everything about how to FE hack. Some basic ASM, event coding, map making, CGs, changing graphics, and so on. Whatever I don't know, there's a lot of resources and documentations to work with.
We, are going to be great friends I think
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

too good to be true

it's a trap, guys!!! this is actually a fake markyjoe1990
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Post by Clamestarebla »

Rena wrote:

too good to be true

it's a trap, guys!!! this is actually a fake markyjoe1990
Yur jus jalous yo
TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

Once again, if there's any use for what meager assistance I find I can lend, I'd be happy to. =D
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Post by Clamestarebla »

TheFinalSentinel wrote:Once again, if there's any use for what meager assistance I find I can lend, I'd be happy to. =D
Added you to the "wishes to participate" list ^ . ^
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Is it all right for me to be the generic, multiply appearing miniboss guy if that exists? XD
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Post by Clamestarebla »

pholtos wrote:Is it all right for me to be the generic, multiply appearing miniboss guy if that exists? XD
I'd have no problem with you being the official boss of every optional chapters ever.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

I would be all right with that role.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

I want to be guy introduced as a bad guy, but then revealed to be a double agent, then betray the good guys, only to betray the bad guy in a grand scheme

Scrub, rinse, and repeat.
markyjoe1990

Post by markyjoe1990 »

Alright, so I just read the Talkhaus Revolution doc, and I'm going to point out that pretty much nothing in here is too hard to do. As far as I'm concerned, you don't even need to change map graphics (thank god).

At the minimum, this project's most essential requisites are as follows:
- Events
- Maps
- Text
- Portraits
- Battle animation palettes.

All of these are easy to do except for the custom events, but thankfully I made a tutorial on how to do that, not to mention there's at least two other tutorials on it as well.

The most ambitious things this project requires are some new battle animations and custom classes if we truly intend to go along with raocow and D.E.M.O.'s boss shenanigans. Though, we could just opt for the lazy option and just import battle animations from Fire Emblem: The Sacred stones for D.E.M.O. and raocow's devil form, then use the FE7 Dragon for raocow's final.

Extra credit work would be music, which is WAY easier to do in Fire Emblem hacking than Mario hacking, and uh... Actually, I think that's it really. I feel I should ask though. I've only skimmed through this thread, but the implication I'm getting is that our party is going to constantly have members switch out. I'm a little disappointed by this, since part of FE's appeal is training up characters that join your team, and having them leave kind of takes that simple joy away. I think it's perfectly possible to keep members onto the team AND give them bits of dialogue here and there. That's what TALK and SUPPORT conversations are for. Of course, you could also file that under extra credit too.