(shouting)

[End] Talkcordhaus VGM Guessing Contest 18: World's End

would you like to participate in some fun contests? would you like to create some fun contests? well ^_^
Katazuki
wawa
Pronouns: whomst

[End] Talkcordhaus VGM Guessing Contest 18: World's End

Post by Katazuki »

Wow! I can’t believe it’s the...

Why is it the World’s End? I don’t know, don’t ask me!

It sure has been a while since I last hosted the contest, hasn’t it? Well, not many people were too interested in hosting this thing, so I am once again stepping up to the plate to host the thing once again!

Before I begin though, due to the lack of interest of hosting the contests, I am now allowing people who have hosted once before to reenter the hosting queue if they so wish to. However, priority will be given to any potential newcomers before I let a repeat user host another contest. Any repeat hosts will be prioritized based on the date they last hosted. There will be a one month notice if a repeat host ends up being pushed back due to a new entry. Feel free to PM or DM me if you're interested in entering the hosting queue!

Anywho, back to this thing! This rendition of the contest has 60 tracks of around 30 second video game music samples to listen to! To submit your answers, please either PM me here on the Talkhaus or DM me on the Discordhaus! For those in the Patapon Spotzone, send DMs to SAJewers who will then relay it to me!
~~~
Scoring
  • 2 points are awarded if you guess the exact game the song comes from correctly!
  • 1 point is awarded if you only guess the correct series the song comes from!
  • Some songs may appear in more than one game, in which case they will also count towards either category. Be aware though, that if the song is remixed in any way, you have to pinpoint the exact game in order to get the full points!
  • Points awarded are doubled for one track if you're the only person who guessed the correct game or series!
The Gimmick
  • This contest has not 1, not 2, but 3 intruders in the midst of this list! These intruders, much like the rest of these songs, are ranked from easy, medium, and hard!
  • The easy intruder is worth 3 points! The medium intruder is worth 5 points! The hard intruder is worth a whopping 7 points!
  • Because the intruders are the gimmick of this VGM contest, you may mark any 1-3 songs as the intruder and freely be able to change your intruder guesses at any point in time with no penalty!
Hints
  • If you're having trouble identifying the game, you may PM or DM asking for me hints for any song!
  • You can ask up to 3 hints without penalty!
  • -1 point is deducted per hint on your total score after 3 hints!
  • -3 points are deducted per hint on your total score after 7 hints!
  • Be mindful that some of the hints I give may not make sense immediately! You can always ask for more hints for the same song though, in which I'll then progressively make more sense.
  • Asking for multiple hints on the same song will still add to the hint counter, so be aware!
Deadline
  • The deadline of this contest is December 19th @ 9 PM EST! An extension may be possible given this time of the year, but we'll see.
  • Before the deadline hits, you're free to change your guesses!
~~~

...Huh? Where’s Kuro you ask? Well unfortunately he’s stepped down as my rep, so now I’m all by myself. Not to worry though, I’ll still deliver you guys the best contest experience I can!

~~~
OPEN THE GAME!

Download the entire playlist here! (WARNING: This is a direct download link!)

~~~

Don’t forget your complementary pizza!
Last edited by Katazuki 3 years ago, edited 7 times in total.
ano0maly
Discord User

Re: [♪♫] Talkcordhaus VGM Guessing Contest 18: World's End

Post by ano0maly »

It's been nearly two years since I last participated? I might join this.

Also why is AmeijinMayo's contest still pinned :slow:
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

ano0maly wrote: 3 years agoAlso why is AmeijinMayo's contest still pinned
Don't know what you're talking about. It's totally not been pinned for, like, the last two minutes now. Oops!
AmeijinMayo
Ready to go, count zero!
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by AmeijinMayo »

lol at the 16th vgm contest for being pinned for that long :lol:

Anywho! I'm psyched for this vgm contest and I'll definitely be throwing my hat into the ring of guessing, let's go~!
Streaming: Super Robot Wars Z, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Koi-Koi Wars
Katazuki
wawa

Post by Katazuki »

Someone just asked me a good question, and I do feel the need to address this publicly.

Intruder songs are songs that do not appear in any game in any form whatsoever. Non-intruder songs don't have to originate from a game, they just need to appear in a game at some point.

With that said though, if a song that doesn't originate from a game appears in a fan game or something similarly unofficial, then it can still be considered an intruder.

Who has the most?
Katazuki
wawa

Post by Katazuki »

To add a bit more clarity, I'll add an example of each.

If I were to say, slap Sandstorm by Darude on this list, you might be surprised to learn that it was actually licensed to be used in the NA console release of DDR Max. In this scenario, that song would actually not be considered a intruder. Of course, however, I wouldn't so rude as to use a song that has gained its reputation outside of the one time game appearance it has.

This here though is stock music that as far as I know hasn't been utilized in any official video game. I have seen this song pop up in a silly unity game (known as Garbage Day), but in this scenario, this song would still be considered an intruder as it wasn't music made for that game and it hasn't been put in an official game of sorts.

Who has the most?
Katazuki
wawa

Re: [¾] Talkcordhaus VGM Guessing Contest 18: World's End

Post by Katazuki »

One week has passed since the start of the contest! Three weeks remain!

Unless the extension happens that is.

Who has the most?
Katazuki
wawa

Re: [½] Talkcordhaus VGM Guessing Contest 18: World's End

Post by Katazuki »

Two weeks have passed! Two weeks remain!

The opportunity to extend the contest will come during the final week. Until then, keep going at it!

Who has the most?
Katazuki
wawa

Re: [¼] Talkcordhaus VGM Guessing Contest 18: World's End

Post by Katazuki »

The final week has arrived!

As well as the chance for a deadline extension! If you peeps want just a bit more time to gather and submit guesses, either, comment in this thread or send me a PM/DM letting me know that you'd like for the extension to happen! If enough desire for the contest extension, the deadline will be moved to one week later on December 26th @ 9 PM EST, the day after Christmas. If nobody wants the extension, the deadline of the contest will come as normal on the 19th at the same time!

Who has the most?
Katazuki
wawa

Re: [!!!] Talkcordhaus VGM Guessing Contest 18: World's End

Post by Katazuki »

Three days remain!

As of this point, it seems like the contest extension might not happen due to the lack of people vocally requesting additional time, so it looks like the contest might be ending as scheduled!

That doesn't mean the chance for an extension is gone! You have until the very last hour of the contest to voice your request! But for those of you who don't feel like they need an extension, please do get those guesses in before time is up!

Who has the most?
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Re: [!!!] Talkcordhaus VGM Guessing Contest 18: World's End

Post by Crow »

there's a literal 20% of this contest where i'm like "oh i know this but i don't KNOW this" and then another quarter where it's just "this sounds so generic that i could know it but i have no clue whether or not i actually do" lol
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Katazuki
wawa

Re: [!] Talkcordhaus VGM Guessing Contest 18: World's End

Post by Katazuki »

LESS THAN 24 HOURS REMAIN!

For everyone who wants to enter, please submit guesses now! You have until 11:59 PM EST!

...once again, assuming the extension doesn't take place.

Who has the most?
Katazuki
wawa

Re: [End] Talkcordhaus VGM Guessing Contest 18: World's End

Post by Katazuki »

The VGM Contest has concluded!

The results thread will be up in about 14-16 hours or so! Honestly though, if you still want to submit guesses, I'll still accept them until the moment the result thread goes up (no more hints will be supplied though). There may be no extension, but have this grace period instead!

Who has the most?
SirChasm
Just here for the music guessing contests.

Post by SirChasm »

World's End? More like... Contest's End!

Am I right?!
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

it's the end of the contest as we know it and i feel :mgmn:
i've honestly never played a video game in my life