After over a year hiatus, it's the...
This time around, however, I'll be hosting the contest not only here on the Talkhaus, but also on the Discordhaus as well to hopefully bring in more participants since the last contest didn't have too many entries.
Kat was this close to splicing the names together as 'Tacohaus', but I managed to stop him from using such a silly name.
Anyways, if you guys still remember from last year, the general gist of the contest remains the same. There’s going to be a playlist of 50 video game song samples with lengths varying between 29, 30, and 31 seconds! PM (or DM on Discord) Kat with your guesses on which video game each track comes from!
Now I had Kat promise me that there'll be no gimmicks in this contest this time around, so let's just get to the rules shall we?
- 2 points are awarded if you guess the exact game the song comes from correctly!
- 1 point is awarded if you only guess the correct series the song comes from!
- Some songs may appear in more than one game, in which case they will also count towards either category. Be aware though, that if the song is remixed in any way, you have to pinpoint the exact game in order to get the full points!
- Points awarded are doubled for one track if you're the only person who guessed the correct game or series!
- 5 points are awarded if you identify the intruder song that doesn't appear in any game at all!
- If you're having trouble identifying the game, you may PM or DM asking for me hints for any song!
- You can ask up to 3 hints without penalty!
- -1 point is deducted per hint on your total score after 3 hints!
- -3 points are deducted per hint on your total score after 7 hints!
- Be mindful that some of the hints I give may not make sense immediately! You can always ask for more hints for the same song though, in which I'll then progressively make more sense.
- Asking for multiple hints on the same song will still add to the hint counter, so be aware!
- The deadline of this contest is January 10th @ 9 PM EST!
- Before the deadline hits, you're free to change your guesses!
- However, if you mark a song as an intruder at any point, it's locked onto that song! If you find out that the song is from a game later on, however, you may change that guess and potentially get points for it, but you can no longer mark any other song as the intruder.
I've been inactive in the forum myself for almost a year too (except for that one post I made a few months ago but I don't count that). However, I wouldn't mind stepping up as the VGM contest organizer in the future if it means making these a more regular occurrence. That'd probably make me a little more active on the forum side of things.
And lastly as a fun fact: there's still plenty of cat songs on this list, they're just not a gimmick that will affect your score this time. If you tell me which of the songs are cat songs, I'll still have a meaningless award to give you at this end. I also put in quite a of few more easy songs in here (at least in my opinion) so hopefully I can get more people encouraged to join!
Also to you peeps voting for the VGM contests as the most missed forum game, time to change you votes!
With that said!
Download the entire playlist here! (WARNING: This is a direct download!)